Bryson DeChambeau Thread

The human body also has a natural "set point," if you will. Adding a lot of mass to your frame is also an excellent way to strain said ligaments and tendons just with the mass you are carrying if you don't have a very big frame. Add athletic movement to the equation, and rapid fire muscles, and tears become a sudden problem.
(Hey, anyone remember that Brooks Koepka kid?)
Citation needed.

Yes weight training does improve ligament and tendon health and strength.
Correct. Rising tide lifts all ships. Get stronger, bones get thicker, tendons and ligaments also get stronger.

Not directed at you Metro, but it ceases to amaze me at the excuses golfers come up with to stay skinny and weak.

Citation needed.
Can I ask anyone else to go first for once?
I knew you would chime in, blu. ;)
So its good to bulk up and then make fast movements?
Dalvin Cook of the Vikes bulked up more for the offseason and hobbled off last night with a groin pull.
How's that? (y)Did he need to bulk up more? I didn't think so.

Correct. Rising tide lifts all ships. Get stronger, bones get thicker, tendons and ligaments also get stronger.

Not directed at you Metro, but it ceases to amaze me at the excuses golfers come up with to stay skinny and weak.
What in the case of Scott Stallings, who had a medical issue?
Or Rors. Who did what you are asking of everyone (who is physically ABLE to; big point there bud) and hit the weights?
Most golfers sit behind a desk and are 53 yrs of age. Not on tour. That fits in with this convo as well. (y)

The human body also has a natural "set point," if you will. Adding a lot of mass to your frame is also an excellent way to strain said ligaments and tendons just with the mass you are carrying if you don't have a very big frame. Add athletic movement to the equation, and rapid fire muscles, and tears become a sudden problem.
(Hey, anyone remember that Brooks Koepka kid?)
Yes massive additional weight, muscle or fat is bad in the long run for the joints. An extra 30-40 pounds on a healthy 6'1" large framed male is not that bad.

What in the case of Scott Stallings, who had a medical issue?
Or Rors. Who did what you are asking of everyone (who is physically ABLE to; big point there bud) and hit the weights?
Most golfers sit behind a desk and are 53 yrs of age. Not on tour. That fits in with this convo as well. (y)

Rory may be lean, but he's not strong. I know he's strong compared to people who don't lift, but he's not strong. I am not naive enough to think that no PGA Tour Pro has broken rules with what they have put in their bodies. That doesn't mean every person who has put on mass have done something shady.

Those golfers who are 53 years old and sit behind a desk need to strength train more than *EVERY* PGA Tour professional. Not to be better at golf, but because increasing bone density and muscle mass is an investment in their own physical well-being.

Can I ask anyone else to go first for once?
I knew you would chime in, blu. ;)
So its good to bulk up and then make fast movements?
Dalvin Cook of the Vikes bulked up more for the offseason and hobbled off last night with a groin pull.
How's that? (y)Did he need to bulk up more? I didn't think so.
I haven't come across any actual evidence that a "set point" is a thing and I definitely wouldn't use an NFL running back as the evidence that there is.

As somebody who works with people getting them bigger and stronger. Nothing about Bryson's bulk screams roids.
Or any other chemical aid. I've said it before and I'll say it again: He's simply not all that big.

You wanna see big? Spend some time in a gym--and I don't mean the purple and yellow ones or places like it. I mean a real gym.

Interesting article for a variety of reasons, not just the subject matter, but also those doing the commentating and the money powers behind them.
When the one rag tells you to go the the other rag in the article, they are only backing up each others' rag stories, we can all agree here, I hope.
These entities have been in modern propaganda since it existed.

I took away from this particular article:
1. Bryson is one injury away from this parade coming to a crashing halt. That is out of the mouth of his own trainer, but certainly not in those exact words.
2. Tiger was Bryson 1.0 and didn't do it "right." Now he's a shredded mess.

There is more to be gleaned, and it was a good article in that respect. Notice all the Universities being quoted. They get GRANTS for saying the right things in society like good lap dogs and raking in the cash. (n) The trainers all say its a great idea, because its their livelihoods.

The Zion thing is pure ironical gold. Mesh/glue basketball shoe blowout. Anyone heard a goofy dude ranting about mesh golf shoes lately?
I hope PUMA is stitching their boy's soles to his leather golf shoes if they're gonna do this right on the MAT.

Funny how MAT guy/trainer guy also had traumatic brain injury. Funny how Bryson has to run back to him for "tuneups."
:love::love::love::love::love:

What's he batting this year? :LOL::eek::eek::cool:

Then what is the issue? You're being cryptic. Lay it out.
Nope, I have already. Not cryptic at all. Right there. Plain as day.

As somebody who works with people getting them bigger and stronger. Nothing about Bryson's bulk screams roids. Adding mass is relatively easy. Rory could put 20lbs on his frame damn easy and quick.
Could he still swing a golf club on the PGA Tour?
I don't want him flexing in front of a mirror. I want him winning more majors. (y);)

Could he still swing a golf club on the PGA Tour?
I don't want him flexing in front of a mirror. I want him winning more majors. (y);)
Same, looking good in front of the mirror is irrelevant and not indicative of anything terribly important.

Nope, I have already. Not cryptic at all. Right there. Plain as day.
LOL LOL LOL OK :rolleyes:

""Were you a baseball guy when Conseco and MacGurie and Sosa were juicing?
SO many of those guys, they all knew beforehand. Just different "juice" in play now. And they don't test for it, presently.
That's what juicing is all about. Recent IOC rules just banned stuff developed in Russia in the 70's for example.
Just because they do not TEST for it, doesn't mean people are not USING it.
Love that logical equation. (y)

Serena Williams and her sudden need for migraine meds?
I was a skip tracer, and had to find patterns in everything I saw.
She juicing now too. Right in our faces.

Did you know 80% of olympic athletes that compete in long distance running are asthmatics and "need" bronchial-dilating inhalers?

Hey, I used those as a kid too and was a helluva athlete. Always tops. :LOL:;) ""

So you were implying that he is on steroids, then when I directly asked you, you said no. Then when I ask what is it then you say you already said it.

That is cryptic. Furthermore if you flat out said "no steroids" Then what is the issue?

Last edited:
Same, looking good in front of the mirror is irrelevant and not indicative of anything terribly important.
But the pic of rors swole at the gym, cause thats when ya take the pics, folks...

Do you really think there is another 20 lbs to go on that frame? That's what he and I are talking about. Rors is at his "ceiling" more than likely?
SO he's frustrated that his whole career came down to how many protein shakes some meat head can slam. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am not a lawyer, but as I understand it, there is case law and interpretation of law.
There is also said to be a "spirit" to the law. In recent events, many gave tribute to RBG, despite strange bedfellows, so to speak.
She had a "spirit" in which she was said to interpret and then administer the law.

Rors is fighting in the name of the "spirit" of the game. Bryson is taking the rules, as is his right, technically under law and sporting decree, and doing as he sees fit with it, and cares not who or what is carnage in his path. Rors calls this, "not being a gentleman."
And I could not agree MORE.

B(n)A(n)D

But the pic of rors swole at the gym, cause thats when ya take the pics, folks...

Do you really think there is another 20 lbs to go on that frame? That's what he and I are talking about. Rors is at his "ceiling" more than likely?
SO he's frustrated that his whole career came down to how many protein shakes some meat head can slam. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Yes, Rory could add 20lbs to his frame.

Bryson is taking the rules, as is his right, technically under law and sporting decree, and doing as he sees fit with it, and cares not who or what is carnage in his path. Rors calls this, "not being a gentleman."

B(n)A(n)D

LOL LOL LOL Rory is a crybaby weenie. He has the same access to the same equipment and the same food and the same supplements and same time to work out as Bryson.

Rory actually outdrove Bryson and he still cried about it. https://www.usopen.com/stats/player-stats.html#!driving-distance

Also fairways hit RM 31 / 56(55.36%) BD 23 / 56(41.07%)

Last edited:
LOL LOL LOL OK :rolleyes:

""Were you a baseball guy when Conseco and MacGurie and Sosa were juicing?
SO many of those guys, they all knew beforehand. Just different "juice" in play now. And they don't test for it, presently.
That's what juicing is all about. Recent IOC rules just banned stuff developed in Russia in the 70's for example.
Just because they do not TEST for it, doesn't mean people are not USING it.
Love that logical equation. (y)

Serena Williams and her sudden need for migraine meds?
I was a skip tracer, and had to find patterns in everything I saw.
She juicing now too. Right in our faces.

Did you know 80% of olympic athletes that compete in long distance running are asthmatics and "need" bronchial-dilating inhalers?

Hey, I used those as a kid too and was a helluva athlete. Always tops. :LOL:;) ""

So you were implying that he is on steroids, then when I directly asked you, you said no. Then when I ask what is it then you say you already said it.

That is cryptic. Furthermore if you flat out said "no steroids" Then what is the issue?
There is a litany of things that aren't even on the lists of things they test for.

Years ago, a female russian tennis star got nabbed when they finally INCLUDED a drug that was developed in Russia and never exposed to Western market. She was even super pretty. :love: Even things a simple as the peruvian marching powder are often turned up in tennis stars' tests. Remember Andre Agassi and the meth and everyone couldn't believe it?

D.J. snorted a lot. He got nabbed. It doesn't even have to be "legal" to be considered performance enhancing, as others have made mention of. They are illegal in society, but in the realm of sports, they are performance enhancers as well. Hearst (Men's Health) is a longstandng propagandist in the long defunct war on drugs for example. Everyone has a skin in the game if you follow the inconvenient money traill like in the "Golf" article I posted above. Right there.

How many guys are hitting the bar HARD after games/practices/rounds/range/whatever?
The right-handed curls kind, not dumbbells. There are storylines within sports that have always been there and not always talked about.
The real writers wrote about such things.

Rory cannot put himself in a machine, expand his height to 6'3" and put on anywhere near enough mass to get to 270 like Bryson is talking.
He has been made physically expedient, folks. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
When thinking gets this way in society, B.(n)A.(n)D. things happen.
((What a double entendre there!!)) :eek:

Not steroids. A drug, likely a biologic, or even as simple as a prednisone tablet. Prednisone makes some into a non-stop monster. EXTREME hunger is a very, very well known side effect of that little white pill. Been on it MANY times. All the food in the world is not enough.
I have known so many people who take that simple pill for a lot of issues to reduce inflammation and suppress the immuno response.
It also has a marked effect on mood and energy levels. Sometimes very good, sometimes, very B.(n)A(n).D.

There is a litany of things that aren't even on the lists of things they test for.

Years ago, a female russian tennis star got nabbed when they finally INCLUDED a drug that was developed in Russia and never exposed to Western market. She was even super pretty. :love: Even things a simple as the peruvian marching powder are often turned up in tennis stars' tests. Remember Andre Agassi and the meth and everyone couldn't believe it?

D.J. snorted a lot. He got nabbed. It doesn't even have to be "legal" to be considered performance enhancing, as others have made mention of. They are illegal in society, but in the realm of sports, they are performance enhancers as well. Hearst (Men's Health) is a longstandng propagandist in the long defunct war on drugs for example. Everyone has a skin in the game if you follow the inconvenient money traill like in the "Golf" article I posted above. Right there.

How many guys are hitting the bar HARD after games/practices/rounds/range/whatever?
The right-handed curls kind, not dumbbells. There are storylines within sports that have always been there and not always talked about.
The real writers wrote about such things.

Rory cannot put himself in a machine, expand his height to 6'3" and put on anywhere near enough mass to get to 270 like Bryson is talking.
He has been made physically expedient, folks. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
When thinking gets this way in society, B.(n)A.(n)D. things happen.
((What a double entendre there!!)) :eek:

Not steroids. A drug, likely a biologic, or even as simple as a prednisone tablet. Prednisone makes some into a non-stop monster. EXTREME hunger is a very, very well known side effect of that little white pill. Been on it MANY times. All the food in the world is not enough.
I have known so many people who take that simple pill for a lot of issues to reduce inflammation and suppress the immuno response.
It also has a marked effect on mood and energy levels. Sometimes very good, sometimes, very B.(n)A(n).D.
Come on now, you're really reaching there.

Here's the bottom line. Rory outdrove Bryson AND hit more fairways AND hit more greens in regulation in The US Open. Then he cried on world wide TV cause Bryson won.

Come on now, you're really reaching there.

Here's the bottom line. Rory outdrove Bryson AND hit more fairways AND hit more greens in regulation in The US Open. Then he cried on world wide TV cause Bryson won.
But it did him no good. Bryson could still hack out even if he didn't hit the fairway.

An impression made upon me about Winged Foot is the enormity of the greens. Easier to hit when not accurate. Bomb and gouge.
And the greens themselves: large "sections" whereby if you get the ball onto that part of said large green, it often funneled back to the hole and became who could gouge it out best and do whatever they had to do to make the most, what, ten foot putts that week? (Where we have Bryson awaiting again with armlock.)

It was the venue and the conditions for a Bryosn win.

Mike Davis WALKED.

My head is spinning...

I am not a lawyer, but as I understand it, there is case law and interpretation of law.
There is also said to be a "spirit" to the law. In recent events, many gave tribute to RBG, despite strange bedfellows, so to speak.
She had a "spirit" in which she was said to interpret and then administer the law.

Rors is fighting in the name of the "spirit" of the game. Bryson is taking the rules, as is his right, technically under law and sporting decree, and doing as he sees fit with it, and cares not who or what is carnage in his path. Rors calls this, "not being a gentleman."

B(n)A(n)D

But BAD did win the first major in theory he could compete in (aand he was much smaller): the US AM.

Imo, that proves he's a legit talent, either way.

His trainer talks specifically about balance, and anything being out of balance, and the whole apple cart starts to lose its wheels.
So long as he doesn't tweak anything, he's fine.

That is a somber foreboding for a short lived career for a lot of these guys. I think Brooks has talked about stepping away. I get the impression he is from a monied family and doesn't have to subject himself to anything if he doesn't want to. And his injuries are already mounting.
Modern golf is a short career. Bryson has done the math there too, and embraced it. Not all guys are too happy about that.

But BAD did win the first major in theory he could compete in (aand he was much smaller): the US AM.

Imo, that proves he's a legit talent, either way.
Oh...absolutely....and that is why I think its all so sad too. He had the talent. He's choosing the shortcuts.

Back