Bryson has a new custom OL set in the bag

edelguy

be kind to your swing
Reaction score
Handicap
Bryson is sporting a set of custom OL Ping i230 irons and custom OL Ping wedges right now. Also has a stealth 2 driver and a ping utility iron 4C1483AA-256B-4327-AF6F-DE0A9B6EFF76.jpegC1B2F5F9-6F96-4CD8-BFCA-338EA6CE9FEB.jpegB1C18010-730E-4288-B7AE-31D4CF15E6B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah it's a little interesting how that would have come together. I'd love to hear the details.

Saw that on IG this morning, I’d be very interested to hear how they worked these out for him.

With the tungsten plug screws. Should be pretty easy to adjust swing weight,

Last I saw he was a few over par.

It's nice to see what professionals choose to play vs being contractually obligated to play.

It's nice to see what professionals choose to play vs being contractually obligated to play.

i mostly agree. but in this specific instance, i think it's more interesting to see what oem is willing to work with the player.

It would be interesting to see if it becomes a “thing” for Ping.

I didn't think he'd go away from OL no matter which manufacturer he's with. He's sunk far too much time and effort in his career to just ditch the concept.

Guessing that Cobra is not totally distort that he is gone.

i mostly agree. but in this specific instance, i think it's more interesting to see what oem is willing to work with the player.
And how long they will deal with the player.

Huh. Be interesting to hear the story behind this.

This is the whooooooole thing here. PING and Bryson deserve eachother.

Guessing that Cobra is not totally distort that he is gone.
It’s got to feel like when your migraine finally goes away.

I wonder what this means for Cobra and Ping going forward in terms of OL

Cobra released the Aerojet in one length, correct? Have to wonder if they’ll move forward with OL in the future at all.

My question is -- evidently Cobra spent years of R&D investment, while working with Bryson along the way, to perfect the OL irons.

And here Bryson goes and visits PING for a day, and boom! a month later they pop out a set of OL Irons fit for the tour? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

The OL sets actually do pretty well for them.
That's what I've read. If I was getting new irons this season, which now seems unlikely, I'd definitely test the Aerojet OL, and perhaps the Forged Tec OL.

My question is -- evidently Cobra spent years of R&D investment, while working with Bryson along the way, to perfect the OL irons.

And here Bryson goes and visits PING for a day, and boom! a month later they pop out a set of OL Irons fit for the tour? :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Oh, I think there’s much more to the ping story than overnight.

And I can confirm Cobra did spend considerable time and resources on OL.

Back