Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

Bumping this thread to weigh in for a long-term review.

This has been one of my favorite pieces of golf equipment I've had. Prior to the Tour X I had a budget rangefinder - it did the trick, but after using the Tour X for the better part of a year, I'm not sure I could go back. A few things to me that sets the device apart from what I used before

- The 6x magnification. I didn't think this was going to be a huge deal, but having used a few other devices with 4x and 5x magnification, this makes a HUGE difference when I'm shooting things further away.
- The speed. It's stupid fast. I'll sometimes shoot a pin twice to just make sure I got the flag, and I feel like this takes the same amount of time as it did once with my old rangefinder.
- Jolt - knowing you've got the flag is great. Once I got used to it, don't know if I'd go back to
- The ergnomics - the size just feels about perfect to me, and the notch on the bottom makes it easy to hold. It feels more steady in my hand than my old finder did. I've tried a few smaller models, and I find myself preferring the slightly larger size of the Tour X.

Speaking of being steady in the hand - this has been dropped a couple of times, once on cart path, and it's been as sturdy as any device I've ever had. It's held up exceptionally well. I know it's pricy, but for something you're not buying all that often, it's one to look at.

Call me crazy but as time has gone on with mine i seem to be having more and more times where its not locking on to a flag. Anyone else have this? Used to happen here and there now i notice it a few times a round. Leads to having to try 4 or 5 tines to finally get it.

Call me crazy but as time has gone on with mine i seem to be having more and more times where its not locking on to a flag. Anyone else have this? Used to happen here and there now i notice it a few times a round. Leads to having to try 4 or 5 tines to finally get it.

There are a couple courses I play with a ton of dead trees and branches behind the green, and those can cause problems. But otherwise I haven't had any issues that way.

I had this issue the other day but i was thinking it was more due to the background but now that you mention it I will be paying more attention

Bumping an old thread! I just picked up an open box model Tour X on Amazon last night. It will be my first rangefinder, so I'm excited to put it to work this season.

Question: have any of you with the older version, with the mirrored viewing lens, had issues with visibility? There are several negative reviews on Amazon of the mirrored lens as being difficult to see in overcast conditions.

I don't know for sure that my model will have the mirrored lens, but I wanted to see what your thoughts and experiences have been! I'll update when mine comes, and I've had a chance to test it out!

Thought of this thread on Sunday when my battery, that came with the unit from the manufacturer, finally came to and end. Appears to have lasted almost 2 years. Not bad and the range finder still rocks.

Thought of this thread on Sunday when my battery, that came with the unit from the manufacturer, finally came to and end. Appears to have lasted almost 2 years. Not bad and the range finder still rocks.

Mine finally died as well a couple weeks back.

I couldn't be more of a fan of this device.

Thats awesome. I got mine middle of last season and was worried about it dying on me so i picked up a two pack of batteries but apparently im good still lol

My battery is still good. Unfortunately for Bushnell, this rangefinder so darn good, I don't have any need to upgrade.

Thats awesome. I got mine middle of last season and was worried about it dying on me so i picked up a two pack of batteries but apparently im good still lol
Haha, I did the same thing. Haven't used any of the spare batteries. My former unit used batteries like they were going out of style. Still love this rangefinder.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back