Bushnell Wingman View Review

I reviewed the Precision Pro version, and this is superior in every way.
yeah no doubt about it! tremendous device.

This has become my go to speaker, which I never expected. I didn’t care for the first Wingman at all.

I mean, I love a good time, but I’m not a bro 🤣

I’ve seen your recent apparel purchases. You’re a little bro-ish! Bro adjacent.🤣

Rocking this one pool side with the fam today, changed the EQ mode, and boom, it’s perfect for out here.

Bought the Wingman 3 years ago and wouldn’t be without it. Pairs easily and works great!

Great write up and unit looks real solid. I am looking for an upgrade from my current setup and this could be the one once the time comes to purchase. I like the dual mode feature as I use my current speaker everywhere.

Hopefully they have fixed the battery issue my wingman stopped charging after one season and bushnell won't stand behind their product so probably won't b buying another.

Hopefully they have fixed the battery issue my wingman stopped charging after one season and bushnell won't stand behind their product so probably won't b buying another.
No issues here, I’ve got a LOT of time on it now.

I’ve also never had an issue with their CS, that is a bummer to hear!

I’ve also never had an issue with their CS, that is a bummer to hear!
I wrote this in the laser review, but I dont think I have had a single week in the last 5 years where I have not received at least 1 complaint about Bushnell customer service.

I wrote this in the laser review, but I dont think I have had a single week in the last 5 years where I have not received at least 1 complaint about Bushnell customer service.
Ugh. That’s not the kind of track record you want, especially when your segment is getting HYPER competitive

I kinda want one of these. I use the older version but only as a speaker.

This looks like a really solid upgrade from the original, which is fantastic. Love the display rather than needing to use the remote for audible distance. Maybe hole overview in the next iteration!

I have had this in the cart for the last three rounds. I’m impressed. I was not a huge fan of the first version (I still have it, missing the remote). I thought the interaction with the app was spotty at best, and I could never get it to work quite right. I know others had the same issue.

The wingman view is superior. The triangle design absolutely makes a difference. Sometimes I like to toss it in the cart or basket so it’s not blasting tunes in my face. The new shape keeps it from rolling around. It also seems to cast the music farther so I can hear it away from the cart much easier.

The GPS/range function is awesome. I have not had an issue with the app, aside from the first time I tried to pair it and failed. Once I got everything reset, I was able to pair and use. I think being on WiFi helped, as the first time I tried to pair it I was on the course. It makes the space overall much more efficient and is value added over having to bring a speaker and a GPS unit.

Nice comments @BigDill

I’ve had my eyes on this since I saw it and I also have the 1 version which has basically been used as just a speaker.

Nice comments @BigDill

I’ve had my eyes on this since I saw it and I also have the 1 version which has basically been used as just a speaker.
I think its way better than the first generation. I would compare it to the new Blue Tees option and see what’s better for you.

I received one of these as part of Indoor Golf Shop's holiday giveaway. I've been using it in my garage and the sound quality is good.

Took it out to the course yesterday for the first time. Listened to music on it the whole round and also turned on the GPS function. I was also using my Alphard for the first time so I didnt mess around with every single feature on the View. GPS seemed in step with my Shot Scope watch, and the Bushnell GPS app seems pretty nice. Only thing I couldn't find (if it exists) is how to change holes without opening the GPS app. I only used the voice GPS a couple times. It's not something I thought I'd care about but seems kinda useful actually so I might try that more.

The speaker didn't fit super comfortably in my push cart basket, and I like to have that basket for stuff anyway, so I found a random metal bracket to stick on the underside of my cart which I think will work nicely.

ECA6A6B2-9AF4-48D7-85A8-F039C4001ACB.jpeg

Question as a new owner- I don't want the gps to speak distances, just use the speaker to play music. Is this a possible setting?
If you don't open the Bushnell golf app on your phone, I don't think the GPS will start and it will just be a speaker. This is how I've been using it in my garage and assume it's the same on the course.

If you want to listen to music and use the GPS but not talk, I'm assuming there's some settings in the app for that, but I haven't used them.

If you don't open the Bushnell golf app on your phone, I don't think the GPS will start and it will just be a speaker. This is how I've been using it in my garage and assume it's the same on the course.

If you want to listen to music and use the GPS but not talk, I'm assuming there's some settings in the app for that, but I haven't used them.
Thank you. Yes I want to see the distances but not hear it talk. I'll keep looking.

Back