Cake: red velvet. German chocolate. Black Forest. Carrot.
Pie: key lime. Boston. Coconut custard. Coconut cream. Babnana cream. Lemon meringue.

My choice of all the above: cheesecake.

Since that’s not allowed, I’ll say pie.

Pie for me.

Chocolate or banana cream pie. All day!

I like my cake, but pie is my vote all day and twice on Sundays.

Warm apple pie with some vanilla bean ice cream... heaven on earth!

I absolutely hate frosting and hardly ever eat cake. My birthday cakes always have whipped cream instead. But I'm the only one I know that does cake like that. So I'm going to pick pie since having cake that way is rare

Nothing wrong with that cake

I think cake slightly takes it for me, but that's maybe the toughest question I've ever seen.

1. Pumpkin Pie
2. Cheesecake (which is really a pie)
3. Vanilla/Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
4. Keylime Pie

Given 3 of my top 4 are pies, pie for the win.

If it's my mom's Upside Down German Chocolate Cake or my Granddad's Cinnamon Bundt Cake then I will go with cake. Otherwise I will go with Pie. Key LIme, Pumpkin, Pecan, apple are all great. While I like other cakes, I think I have had more bad cakes than bad pies. I've had cakes before that we so dry you couldn't eat them even with a big glass of milk.

Ic an think of several pies I would rather eat than my favorite type of cake:

Pecan
Apple with Caramel
Chess
Butterscotch
Chocolate chess
Peanut Butter

All of those would be in front of Red Devil Cake or Carrot Cake which are my 2 favorite cakes. Cake is probably my least favorite desert:

1. Ice Cream
2. Pie
3. Cookies and Brownies
4. Cake

I've always been a cake kind of guy. No idea why, just always have. My parents both loved pie, but I've always leaned hard towards cake.

I don't hate pie. In fact, you'll never see me turn down a slice of hot cherry (or peach) pie with ice cream.

I don't pass up either very often (as I should), but there's just something about a moist cake with the right frosting, especially with a little ice cream 🍰

Cake sucks. Give me a Dutch Apple pie every time!

Of course a good Kuchen is right up there as well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Really good cake is better than really good pie.

But really bad pie is better than really bad cake.

I'm picking pie.

If I want chocolate, cake all day.

If I want something sweet/fruity, pie ... specifically my MIL's apple pie.

Slight edge to pie, though not all pies are greater than all cakes. Very tough decision

Pie for me and it’s not even close. So many fantastic flavors for pretty much any occasion or time of the year.

So many great cakes. While pie May have a higher ceiling, it certainly has a lower floor as far as my tastes are concerned. I’m team cake

I refuse to choose. They're both yummy.

As an expert in this field, there is a time and place for each. Including the DQ Ice Cream Cake as a cake makes this about as tough a decision as I’ve ever made. But considering it may not be a cake, PIE it is.

Pie. Love a nice warm slice of pie and ice cream on it. Can’t do that with cake lol

Back