Calendar Apps - What do you use?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I NEED a calendar for daily use. I forget stuff and I need reminders for appointments, project due dates, etc.

Even though I'm an Apple user and iPhone user I dislike the Apple Calendar very much. Google Calendar is better because it allows me to use colors and stuff which I like to see when opening to check. What other apps are out there that can share with others and get reminders, etc.

I'm a straight up Google Calendar user. Love it for the email and push notifications, I have my Apple Watch set to show me any calendar reminders right at the top of the face so I know what's up.

I use the Apple Calendar, because of native integration, but definitely use color codes throughout.
Have you considered Apple Reminders? It works really well for this type of thing.

I'm a combo of google calendar and outlook. Seems to work, I have not forgotten to get the kids from daycare yet so it's basically a victory.

it's called calendar, came with the phone. I think it's google. 🤷‍♂️

• Admin
I use the Apple Calendar, because of native integration, but definitely use color codes throughout.
Have you considered Apple Reminders? It works really well for this type of thing.
Yeah I've used that for some things but I don't use it frequently. I just find the Apple calendar and its dots annoying. I like seeing the color bars of google. My kids keep forgetting about stuff too so I thought an app might be better. I guess I could just share the calendar with them but they don't need to see all the stuff I do.

Yeah I've used that for some things but I don't use it frequently. I just find the Apple calendar and its dots annoying. I like seeing the color bars of google. My kids keep forgetting about stuff too so I thought an app might be better. I guess I could just share the calendar with them but they don't need to see all the stuff I do.
Interesting. I dont have dots, I have highlighted color bars on my desktop and daily view on my mobile. It could be the way its viewed. As for calendars that work really well. I tried Fantastical last year and really liked it.

Google Calendar linked to smartphone (Samsung) calendar.

I could just share the calendar with them but they don't need to see all the stuff I do
This is my problem with calendars. I would love to have just one but between having a personal calendar, a family calendar, and my work calendar, as well as the firm's master calendar, I end up with duplicate work entries, invites to other things that create duplicate or triplicate entries and things GMail pulls from emails, my calendar is f'n hot mess. My wife and family don't need access to my personal or work calendars and the office doesn't need access to my family calendar or other things that pop up. Other than having separate calendars to all of these things, I don't know what to do.

This is my problem with calendars. I would love to have just one but between having a personal calendar, a family calendar, and my work calendar, as well as the firm's master calendar, I end up with duplicate work entries, invites to other things that create duplicate or triplicate entries and things GMail pulls from emails, my calendar is f'n hot mess. My wife and family don't need access to my personal or work calendars and the office doesn't need access to my family calendar or other things that pop up. Other than having separate calendars to all of these things, I don't know what to do.
Thats why I was asking if there was an app haha

Interesting. I dont have dots, I have highlighted color bars on my desktop and daily view on my mobile. It could be the way its viewed. As for calendars that work really well. I tried Fantastical last year and really liked it.
On the computer yes it works fine but on my phone…where I need it most of the time this is what I see from Apple Calendar
1410D404-F9F3-4EC3-9FB9-51091948CBFD.png

From Google Calendar I see this which I like better
IMG_1345.png

Cozi is the app my family uses and it works pretty well for us.

Outlook. I use it for email and calendar. It really integrates my 5 email/calendar accounts well.

Outlook for work, Apple Calendar on my phone for personal.

Never cross the streams!

I haven't used outlook since like 1998 :ROFLMAO:
It's definitely not ideal but it's a corporate environment so it's what's there. We have been moving more towards slack and away from as many emails so that's nice.

We use the Google calendar and it's worked pretty good. I would be interested to see what others are using and see if its more efficient.

google calendar for me, but I am an android user. For work, we use outlook and teams

Fantastical seems to be the one I hear the most about as a Calendar alternative. No first-hand experience though, I just use Apple Calendar.

I use the inbuilt calender app on my iPhone. I find it integrates really well with my outlook account on my work phone.

I miss Ecco Pro, a PIM from the 90s that got everything right better than anything else I tried. I use Outlook for works and the iPhone calendar for a personal schedule I don’t share.

Outlook for work and personal

My financial app has a monthly calendar that I can list things on. It changes automatically each month.

I no longer have any concept of time anymore. I rarely know what day it is without looking.

Back