Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Well I played 18 on Tuesday with the new sticks. Honey moon phase is definitely in full effect. The most significant conclusion that I came to is that the Apex CF 19 forged irons are extremely forgiving. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't make my best contact the ball still flew nicely and I didn't lose much distance.
Second observation is that the feel off the face of these clubs is extremely pleasing with the ball seemingly mushing (is that a word?) off the face. Really nice forged feel off the face. Third observation is that even though the feel is nice and soft, the ball seems to come off hot off the face with a very nice medium high trajectory.
Now, compared to the Epic irons I have been playing, the Apex Forged are hands down better feeling and more forgiving. The heads appear to be the perfect size. The wedges on this set are outstanding and quickly became my favorite clubs. Additionally, the 4 and 5 iron are extremely easy to hit. I felt no trepidation in pulling out and hitting a long iron. Given the fact that I am distance challenged I was hoping I wouldn't lose any distance that I had with the Epics. I was pleasantly surprised that I was hitting the Apex around the same distance.

I am a true club ho that changes clubs frequently. I can say that these will be keepers. They look great, feel great and are as forgiving as an SGI iron I have played. I have the recoil 460 shafts in them and it seems they are the perfect match. I only played one round so far but I feel these irons will only keep performing better for me the more I use them.

Nice feedback and I'm glad they worked well your first time out! It's pretty crazy to think they found a way to improve on the CF16 but it certainly looks that way.

Stock setup is what I've got in the bag. Fitting had that setup performing the best, who am I to argue?

it's such a stupid way to feel, but i have a "fear" that i would go to the grandaddy and have carte blanche to the build the perfect set, only to find out i'm stock all the way through!

Not sure why but the hesitation to preorder without seeing a non fitting cart apex in person is real RN. Just can’t pull the trigger yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious to see how these compare to the CF16's. Did they really make them that much better? I love the CF16's with Recoil shafts but the club ho in me wonders if these are worth upgrading to.

it's such a stupid way to feel, but i have a "fear" that i would go to the grandaddy and have carte blanche to the build the perfect set, only to find out i'm stock all the way through!
You never know...you could go to The Grandaddy and build the perfect set!

Like me!

That would be perfect then cause you would never have to do going simple and ordering stock set ups.

Kind of a novice question. My 5-8i is stamped with "CF 19" while my 9-AW are stamped with just "19"

I have read so many reviews how the scoring clubs have this new spin control VFT face. I've always had the 360 FaceCup from my XR's to my Epics.

What have you guys noticed with the scoring clubs? Still pretty much as forgiving as the longer clubs? And how is the spin feature/aggressiveness?

Kind of a novice question. My 5-8i is stamped with "CF 19" while my 9-AW are stamped with just "19"

I have read so many reviews how the scoring clubs have this new spin control VFT face. I've always had the 360 FaceCup from my XR's to my Epics.

What have you guys noticed with the scoring clubs? Still pretty much as forgiving as the longer clubs? And how is the spin feature/aggressiveness?

5-8 have cup face, 9-AW do not.

5-8 have cup face, 9-AW do not.
Correct. 9-AW have the VFT and no CF. Just wondering what the forgiveness is like with these 3 clubs for the guys who have swung them so far.

Correct. 9-AW have the VFT and no CF. Just wondering what the forgiveness is like with these 3 clubs for the guys who have swung them so far.

Sorry dude, long, sick, night, and I missed the bottom of the post.

They’ll be as forgiving imo, difference is the longer clubs benefit most from the cf as misses are bigger in the longer clubs for most mortals, and launch lower, in the scoring clubs it isn’t needed as much if that makes sense.

I am curious to see how these compare to the CF16's. Did they really make them that much better? I love the CF16's with Recoil shafts but the club ho in me wonders if these are worth upgrading to.

I’ve played my CF16’s for 3 years. I’ll be making the jump to these for sure. Just need to test some shafts first.

I'm addicted to this thread and can't WAIT for mine to come in. I haven't been this excited for an equipment purchase in years. I'm way worse than a kid before Christmas.

I’ve played my CF16’s for 3 years. I’ll be making the jump to these for sure. Just need to test some shafts first.

Have you hit them yet? What is the biggest difference? I have changed my bag dramatically in the last couple months going to more FW and 5/6 hybrids replacing the 5 and 6 iron. Trading in my 4-AW and getting CF 19 7-AW would work out well

Have you hit them yet? What is the biggest difference? I have changed my bag dramatically in the last couple months going to more FW and 5/6 hybrids replacing the 5 and 6 iron. Trading in my 4-AW and getting CF 19 7-AW would work out well

I have not. Just going on feedback from those who have. I will hit them one of these days.

I found the short irons to be perfect. Forgiving and long. I just got the SW delivered separately and I can’t wait to hit it. PW and AW are money.

Going for free iron 2019 Apex iron fitting at the PgaSuperstore tomorrow at 2PM. Hope I'm swinging it well! It's the "PGA TOUR Superstore Fitting Van Experience" promo they are offering.

Looks like I may be able to get into a set for about $450 after trade in. Kinda still waiting for smoke...

i want these so badly! another review just popped up online, and it confirms what the grandaddy guys have been saying, and what i experienced in my testing. which is this: these irons are bad f'ing ass!

i want these so badly! another review just popped up online, and it confirms what the grandaddy guys have been saying, and what i experienced in my testing. which is this: these irons are bad f'ing ass!

Link??

Yes, yes they are!

Link??

just texted you. it's a prelim testing, but what stands out to me is the incredible ball speed retention on mishits. the tester hit one that he expected to be 10y short, only to have it less than 2y short in carry. let's just say i'm more excited than i was before, and i was already really damn excited!

Looks like I may be able to get into a set for about $450 after trade in. Kinda still waiting for smoke...

Burn that ski mask once you're done....that is highway robbery!

Was at Edwin Watts the other day and tested these, and I was seeing a little improvement in my mishits and feel compared to my CF16's. Overall distance was about the same may a little more with the Apex. Jury is still out, but I was not fit and these were just demo units with Catalyst graphite shaft. So I need to take that into consideration.

Going for free iron 2019 Apex iron fitting at the PgaSuperstore tomorrow at 2PM. Hope I'm swinging it well! It's the "PGA TOUR Superstore Fitting Van Experience" promo they are offering.
#jealous
That's awesome, what you trading in? I think it was limited to pretty much only recent Callaway, or was that maybe only for the epic flash?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#jealousThat's awesome, what you trading in? I think it was limited to pretty much only recent Callaway, or was that maybe only for the epic flash?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

my understanding is you can trade in a pretty wide range of clubs; the limitations are for the bonuses.

Back