Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

my understanding is you can trade in a pretty wide range of clubs; the limitations are for the bonuses.
Ah yes, limited to the bonus. People can scour the BST, fb market etc, to get sets and trade in just for the bonus haha my 16 pros would fetch 525, if I have 4-5 more sets of them the "profits" could cover more of these gorgeous irons

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ah yes, limited to the bonus. People can scour the BST, fb market etc, to get sets and trade in just for the bonus haha my 16 pros would fetch 525, if I have 4-5 more sets of them the "profits" could cover more of these gorgeous irons

i was pleasantly surprised by the value they were willing to give for some of the sets i have laying around. but then some were kinda disappointing. so it will balance out to be very decent. i'm almost 100% committed to buying these, just need the fitting to confirm everything.

Was at Edwin Watts the other day and tested these, and I was seeing a little improvement in my mishits and feel compared to my CF16's. Overall distance was about the same may a little more with the Apex. Jury is still out, but I was not fit and these were just demo units with Catalyst graphite shaft. So I need to take that into consideration.

That Catalyst shaft didn’t work for me. I got fit into the Recoils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really intrigued by these. Would love to try them with a recoil. So leaning towards Callaway being my next set. Have never bagged Callaway clubs before. Not a single one. I love Callaway golf balls though.

Well both PGATSS Apex fittings are booked for this weekend, so I booked some time at Club Champion on Monday to see if I get fit in to these irons or the 919HM.
Maybe even the Berthas.

My buddy who is 78 just ordered a set of the Bertha's he demoed the APEX and APeX pro and he plays rogue pros, but the bertha's were a club longer and he said they felt great.

He is vexed though over the size of them..

Well both PGATSS Apex fittings are booked for this weekend, so I booked some time at Club Champion on Monday to see if I get fit in to these irons or the 919HM.
Maybe even the Berthas.

My buddy who is 78 just ordered a set of the Bertha's he demoed the APEX and APeX pro and he plays rogue pros, but the bertha's were a club longer and he said they felt great.

He is vexed though over the size of them..

I'm in really no need to change as I "Assume" the Rogue will get "Refreshed" in 2020, However, there is nothing like Forged and I know it.
I'm encouraged by the GD guys getting fit for them in and round my HDCP. So, Well see.
Club Champion had a 33% sale going on fittings and while I'd rather not pay, I like the options it gives me shaftwize and opens the possibility of the Hot Metals.

#jealousThat's awesome, what you trading in? I think it was limited to pretty much only recent Callaway, or was that maybe only for the epic flash?

I've got a 4-PW CF16 combo set with Recoils, and an AW with the original XP95 shaft. With the bonus, and a few other odds and ends I should be able to do ok.

i want these so badly! another review just popped up online, and it confirms what the grandaddy guys have been saying, and what i experienced in my testing. which is this: these irons are bad f'ing ass!

The TXG guys did a quick review and it was pretty good. Granted I’m not that consistent, but it tells the story of the clubs and what they are capable of.

The TXG guys did a quick review and it was pretty good. Granted I’m not that consistent, but it tells the story of the clubs and what they are capable of.

that’s the one that had me excited today! matt’s spin numbers were really good. and he barely lost any distance on mishits. he was actually noticeably surprised, and ian was as well. just more validation of what the grandaddy guys are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

that’s the one that had me excited today! matt’s spin numbers were really good. and he barely lost any distance on mishits. he was actually noticeably surprised, and ian was as well. just more validation of what the grandaddy guys are seeing.

Plus I like how the offset, while there, isn’t a big issue for a player like Matt.

i was pleasantly surprised by the value they were willing to give for some of the sets i have laying around. but then some were kinda disappointing. so it will balance out to be very decent. i'm almost 100% committed to buying these, just need the fitting to confirm everything.

Look at it this way. They are forcing you to get new irons.

As someone who's pretty low spin generally, my eyes lit up when DNevs talked about how they worked on spin in the short irons. And I was really, really happy with what I saw in my fitting of having the irons be just below what I was seeing in a players cavity. And I've seen the same thing on course - I feel like I have had zero issues with distance control, which was at times an issue for me with the CF16.

I'm glad others are seeing the same thing.

As someone who's pretty low spin generally, my eyes lit up when DNevs talked about how they worked on spin in the short irons. And I was really, really happy with what I saw in my fitting of having the irons be just below what I was seeing in a players cavity. And I've seen the same thing on course - I feel like I have had zero issues with distance control, which was at times an issue for me with the CF16.

I'm glad others are seeing the same thing.

I agree about the distance control. I know a lot of people have complained about "flyers" with another brand's players distance iron but I don't see that with these.

I agree about the distance control. I know a lot of people have complained about "flyers" with another brand's players distance iron but I don't see that with these.

I had the cf16 and I had issues where if I hit the ball up a little on the face (towards the exact middle) it went noticeably longer. I imagine the cup face like a trampoline. The closer you get to the middle, the higher you can jump. I saw that this version of the cup face is thin around the edges and thicker in the middle. That would be the equivalent of putting a piece of plywood in the middle of a trampoline. If you jump anywhere on the plywood, the jump height will be about the same.

Based on all of the reviews, the change is working.

You can see the stiffening online if you search. I imagine they put a huge amount of thought into this. Towards the toe and heel, its still really thin. Off center strikes are going to give you more spring than a perfectly centered one which should give you really consistent distance.

Last edited:
This is 100% the set is love to game this year. I’ve been itching to get out and play but it’s either been too cold and wet or raining. Disappointing but the lack of playing is making me want to buy golf stuff badly and these are on my list of needs!

DO IT!!!

Well I played 18 on Tuesday with the new sticks. Honey moon phase is definitely in full effect. The most significant conclusion that I came to is that the Apex CF 19 forged irons are extremely forgiving. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't make my best contact the ball still flew nicely and I didn't lose much distance.
Second observation is that the feel off the face of these clubs is extremely pleasing with the ball seemingly mushing (is that a word?) off the face. Really nice forged feel off the face. Third observation is that even though the feel is nice and soft, the ball seems to come off hot off the face with a very nice medium high trajectory.
Now, compared to the Epic irons I have been playing, the Apex Forged are hands down better feeling and more forgiving. The heads appear to be the perfect size. The wedges on this set are outstanding and quickly became my favorite clubs. Additionally, the 4 and 5 iron are extremely easy to hit. I felt no trepidation in pulling out and hitting a long iron. Given the fact that I am distance challenged I was hoping I wouldn't lose any distance that I had with the Epics. I was pleasantly surprised that I was hitting the Apex around the same distance.

I am a true club ho that changes clubs frequently. I can say that these will be keepers. They look great, feel great and are as forgiving as an SGI iron I have played. I have the recoil 460 shafts in them and it seems they are the perfect match. I only played one round so far but I feel these irons will only keep performing better for me the more I use them.
Great feedback and I too fell in love with these things right away! Glad they are working for you!

It appears my irons are stuck at the Border...or at least my AW is...darn it.

It appears my irons are stuck at the Border...or at least my AW is...darn it.

It took 7 days for my Apex hybrids to get here once I got notification they were at the border.
At least yours are at the border. Mine are not.

Still nothing on the combo set - anyone seen movement on these ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex with the Catalyst 100 shafts are calling my name!!
I'm really pondering the combo set though. I love how the Apex Pros look.

Hit both of these today with big expectations. Expectations met with the "Pro" for sure, and still a little concerned with the standard. The standard felt nice, good ball flight, a little low actually with good yardage, 175yd 7 iron (My i200 benchmark is the same number) but the spin was down in the 3500 range. I had this problem with the CF16 and with my swing it doesn't seem to be fixed. The "Pro" is phenomenal. I'd consider this an upgrade and IF I was looking for irons, this would be it. I hit it directly against the i200 and got the same results (175 yard 7 irons) spin in the upper 6k range with great feel and response. I don't think I need a change but this is and will be it when I do. Highly recommend. The club head isn't as small as I thought it would be, it is very soft, frames the ball well, high flight, quick stop, easy to move in either direction (considering my ability).

Hit both of these today with big expectations. Expectations met with the "Pro" for sure, and still a little concerned with the standard. The standard felt nice, good ball flight, a little low actually with good yardage, 175yd 7 iron (My i200 benchmark is the same number) but the spin was down in the 3500 range. I had this problem with the CF16 and with my swing it doesn't seem to be fixed. The "Pro" is phenomenal. I'd consider this an upgrade and IF I was looking for irons, this would be it. I hit it directly against the i200 and got the same results (175 yard 7 irons) spin in the upper 6k range with great feel and response. I don't think I need a change but this is and will be it when I do. Highly recommend. The club head isn't as small as I thought it would be, it is very soft, frames the ball well, high flight, quick stop, easy to move in either direction (considering my ability).
One of the great things about this release is that the Pros, the regular Forged line and the Berthas are all really really good. Callaway covered the full spectrum of skill sets with premium iron offerings.

One of the great things about this release is that the Pros, the regular Forged line and the Berthas are all really really good. Callaway covered the full spectrum of skill sets with premium iron offerings.

I agree. They seemed to have something for everyone in this one release.

Back