Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

my bias opinion is in terms of softest to firmest it goes Recoil - Catalyst - SF. In terms of feel during the swing, i would say SF is lack of feel while catalyst provides the most amount of feel at impact and through the swing. recoil in same flex and weight will feel softer and looser than catalyst IMO. If you want a more stout feeling i would go recoil proto over catalyst and standard recoil. that's just my experience. My ss for reference is 99 with driver.

100% agree with everything in this. if someone loves steelfiber, i'm not sure they would love catalyst as much. i think of catalyst like a steel-y recoil. smooth and explosive but very stable.

For me, the apex pro ‘19 are everything I had hoped the previous versions would be. The new pro look feel and perform so much better for me. The turf interaction is better. The feel at impact is better. The toe side gear affect is better in terms of forgiveness and playability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say previous version, I am guessing you mean the 16's?? I have the model just before that. Not sure how to compare but reading this thread is FORCING ME TO CHANGE lol

I went with the standard Apex as much as I like to think I am a golfer, I need some forgiveness. I have played irons usually with shaft weights around 120-130grams. Decided I wanted to try something a little lighter. Going with the stock Elevate shafts. 5 iron through approach wedge. I have been gaming Srixon z585’s and I really do like them. However, as a first class HO, I had to try these out with everyone giving such glowing reviews. I am anxious, and nervous.

Enjoy them, you 1st class ho! :D

They’re too pretty, and my will power is too weak. Apex 5-AW w/ PX LZ 6.0’s have been ordered.

They’re too pretty, and my will power is too weak. Apex 5-AW w/ PX LZ 6.0’s have been ordered.
Sounds to me like your will power is just the right amount.

Sounds to me like your will power is just the right amount.

Well, I DID resist picking up a Stroke Lab Double Wide while I was there. Good for me. I think I’ll crack a beer to celebrate my restraint.

Well, I DID resist picking up a Stroke Lab Double Wide while I was there. Good for me. I think I’ll crack a beer to celebrate my restraint.
I stand corrected....you need to lose some will power.

Normally I’d be all about the smaller irons as a set, but the satin finish on the combo set is literally worth me thinking combo.

Normally I’d be all about the smaller irons as a set, but the satin finish on the combo set is literally worth me thinking combo.

I still wish the combo set was available in December. The combination of that satin finish and a little extra forgiveness in the top of the bag would be perfect. I don't mind chrome at all so it worked out fine anyway going with straight Pros.

That is a great point. Satin is way better than the chrome, in my opinion. Then there's the smoke finish too. Ugh, thanks for complicating things!

That is a great point. Satin is way better than the chrome, in my opinion. Then there's the smoke finish too. Ugh, thanks for complicating things!
Yall are crazy. Chrome FTW!

I actually think all 3 finishes look awesome and there is no wrong choice. I'm actually really glad that the regular Apex just absolutely didnt work for me because otherwise I'd be tempted to grab a combi set after every missed 5 iron - which is a common occurrence for me lol.

Yall are crazy. Chrome FTW!

I actually think all 3 finishes look awesome and there is no wrong choice. I'm actually really glad that the regular Apex just absolutely didnt work for me because otherwise I'd be tempted to grab a combi set after every missed 5 iron - which is a common occurrence for me lol.
I'm a chrome guy too, but I was blown away by how good the regular Apex irons looked (especially in my future bag).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did you get standard or combo? Either way both are great. I have the same shaft. Love them congrats

Standard. Give me that extra forgiveness for when that 3rd cocktail gets in the blood stream. I mean, for when the swing is a little off.

5i and 7i today for most of a large bucket. the driving range close to me is pure unadulterated garbage right now, but i still hit some really nice shots. i didn't see the pronounced draw tonight, so maybe i'm adjusting. we'll see what actual on-course results look like if i ever get to play golf again. forgiveness across the face is pretty freaking awesome. but i'm not sure i see the forgiveness off the bottom of the face that is so heralded with the cf line. these are so freaking fun, and i'm thrilled with this purchase.

I’m honestly pumped about how the black elevates are going to look....

The black Recoil Smacwraps look and feel great.
4e36b65b42d6d867fb887c814f1ca34a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I’ll post photos of mine when they arrive

I’ll post photos of mine when they arrive

Will be a good teaser for me until I see them much closer!

8f0c238cf58309ccf5abbd900df9dac9.jpg

Hit AW-9-7-5 tonight and came away very happy. AW and 9i was an easy groove and then got a little quick with 7i, little flying right elbow syndrome not staying connected causing some thinned shots. Stepped back and put it on a tee to swing easier and get some confidence back. Placed it back on the grass and was hitting it better. No need to swing harder at all.

Small push with the 5i but was able to work with it and put it back in the bag content with the swings.

No golf until Monday but happy with the irons. Hit them well and hope to keep the consistency.

Yeah baby!!! I’ll have some thoughts from the real world tomorrow evening.
a64000818595c97d412ea743da17ba29.jpg

Yeah baby!!! I’ll have some thoughts from the real world tomorrow evening.
a64000818595c97d412ea743da17ba29.jpg

Very nice indeed. Looking forward to thoughts

Back