Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Our swing speeds are very similar. I think I am at about 102 with driver. This is very helpful. Thank you.

I am right there with you guys so good info for me too!
I currentl;y play Recoil 95F4 and they seem perfect on the course and on Trackman. I attempted to play the Proto F4 in 110 and from reading thought it would be a great fit. They felt fine and were not horrible at all, but being 100% honest they were a little too much shaft for me. I disagree with some others in that I feel the Proto 110 plays a good bit stouter than the non-proto 95.
I guess the closest thing to the Proto 110 F4 is the Steelfiber stiff. IMO, the regular Recoil 95 F4 plays a lot like the Steelfiber 95 R.

Just placed my order.

Apex Smoke 4 iron (elevate tour black)
Apex Pro Smoke 5-AW (dynamic gold tour issue)

And a tour grey PM grind 60* for good measure.

Now the tortuous wait begins again. I absolutely can't wait to see this finish in hand.

Wow. Can not wait to hit these.

Attachments

• 20190215_100247_resized.jpg
    20190215_100247_resized.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 3
Order being placed later today. Sent my guy an email to call when he’s ready.

Going Smoke Combo set with Black Elevate Tour 1* up and Black/Red SuperStroke Cross Comfort grips.

Just placed my order.

Now the tortuous wait begins again. I absolutely can't wait to see this finish in hand.

Way to go big man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just placed my order.

sounds like a fantastic combo. really looking forward to your feedback!

Smoke Combo 4-PW, PX LZ 105 6.0, 1° up, NDMC Align

Did you guys have to pay for your trade shipping label?

Hit em both at Dick’s and they feel awesome. These feel so buttery very close to the CF16 models and if not for my new iron purchase I’d bag them. Callaway probably makes the most beautiful playable irons out there. I’m a big fan!

Last edited:

my sales rep sent me free labels. it took awhile to get them and i had to bug him a few times, but it eventually came through with no charge. that was honestly the only part of the process that wasn't perfectly smooth, and even then it was fine. big nod to callaway for making the custom order process super painless. they train their CSRs really well.

I emailed CPO and did mine that way, got the label for free.

Nope. And mine showed up right away, for download and printing.

Hit these on the range today (Pros). Dead straight and stopped on a dime.

Order being placed later today. Sent my guy an email to call when he’s ready.

Going Smoke Combo set with Black Elevate Tour 1* up and Black/Red SuperStroke Cross Comfort grips.

You have to get custom swing weight or did these come in around D2?

I played 9 this morning. The clubs performed pretty commensurate with the swing I put on them. But one item of note for people deciding between Pros and Regular was a 9i from about 140. The green was sloped back to front but the ball rolled back about 15 feet from the pitch mark to off the green. You can definitely shape shots and spin the ball with the Regular Apex irons.

Last edited:
Called the fitting center by me. They have a ton of shaft options so I’ll be in next week to experiment. Then make an order of course. Fittings are booked a week out, so I’ll be bringing a SkyTrak and fitting myself. Will get to see outdoor ball flight as well so that’s good. Hoping for above 40 degree temp.

You have to get custom swing weight or did these come in around D2?

I think D2 is the stock swing weight for Elevate Tours, but I reminded them that D2 was what I wanted.

I think D2 is the stock swing weight for Elevate Tours, but I reminded them that D2 was what I wanted.

I’m so pumped for you to get them

I requested D5 and they said no problem, we shall see though!

I cant speak for the whole set, but from 7-PW, I freaking love these irons. Standard 19, not Pro, and they do everything I would want in an iron in their class, and honestly are probably the most forgiving I have played in this class. Consistency seems improved (although I was not one that struggled with it much in CF16s), but an area that is 100% improved is how great they feel. Paired it with 2 different balls hitting shots today and they have this almost absence of sound when you hit them well.

Playing with Canadan and Mward, I was a bit long on about half my approach shots with them, and realized I am hitting them a bit further. Nothing earth shattering distance wise, but that is something I will adjust to. Paired with the Recoil Proto 95s, they work incredibly well and I just checked them all on the precision gauge and each of the 7-PW loft was dead on the number, minus the 9 iron that was .45 degrees off, but an easy fix.

Should get them in play next week at Hammock Beach for a round and will be playing a different set for the 2nd round there, to do some comparing.

I cant speak for the whole set, but from 7-PW, I freaking love these irons. Standard 19, not Pro, and they do everything I would want in an iron in their class, and honestly are probably the most forgiving I have played in this class. Consistency seems improved (although I was not one that struggled with it much in CF16s), but an area that is 100% improved is how great they feel. Paired it with 2 different balls hitting shots today and they have this almost absence of sound when you hit them well.

Playing with Canadan and Mward, I was a bit long on about half my approach shots with them, and realized I am hitting them a bit further. Nothing earth shattering distance wise, but that is something I will adjust to. Paired with the Recoil Proto 95s, they work incredibly well and I just checked them all on the precision gauge and each of the 7-PW loft was dead on the number, minus the 9 iron that was .45 degrees off, but an easy fix.

Should get them in play next week at Hammock Beach for a round and will be playing a different set for the 2nd round there, to do some comparing.

The forgiveness and ease of use is absolutely nuts - even up thru 4i. Glad you are enjoying

Spent a bunch of time with these on trackman today and continued to see the same thing I have at my last few range session- straight and great consistency with distance.

I agree with JB - the feel is improved over the CF16. The short irons feel as solid as anything I’ve played and there is much less of a difference in feel (sound) going from the face plate to the cup face.

About as complete an iron as you can get.

I look forward to putting these through paces, all the love is a lot to live up to!

I am hopeful that I get mine this week, but I am thinking next week is more realistic. Which is not soon enough!

Another weekend of no golf...too cold. I did go to the garage half dozen times to look at my clubs. Anyone else do that?

Back