Callaway Apex Hybrid Review Thread

I agree with the size and profile needing to stay the same. The original is the perfect shape and works so good as an iron replacement. I'm hoping that Jailbreak would help with more forgiveness vs. adding more distance though.
Same. I don't need a distance hound hybrid as much as I need/want consistency in my gaps at that spot.

Well, the pic I may or may not have seen on the internet last night drew an audible 'Holy ****' from me.

Yeah, dude! Seems like similar profile to me.

Sorry to bring an old thread up.

Just wondering i play stiff shafts in all my clubs but have found an apex hybrid for a good price but its regular, do you think this wouldnt work for me or is there not much difference between stiff and reg?

Just wondering i play stiff shafts in all my clubs but have found an apex hybrid for a good price but its regular, do you think this wouldnt work for me or is there not much difference between stiff and reg?

It depends, which doesn’t help you. What is your driver club speed, how smooth is your transition, etc?

To be honest i dont know my club head speed but im saying around 100. I have quite a fast transition.

It would probably bother me personally and I would question it too much.

For a normal person though it might be fine, I'm not really sure I guess.

I play Apex4 in regular shafts. I also play Pjng tour R on G400. Not sure what my swing speed is but Regular shaft feels fine. It seems play tad stiffer which is ok since I’m between stiff and regular. Kurokage in apex is pretty stable. I could swing hard and it works out pretty good. I don’t see any other hybrid I would replace it. Very versatile club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest i dont know my club head speed but im saying around 100. I have quite a fast transition.

Based on that information, I would probably suggest sticking with stiff. I am sure you could find a pretty good price on a stiff version, if you poked around on the internet, including eBay.

Alright @Jman, I was able to get some comparisons for you. Unfortunately my swing was pure crap today but I captured some pictures of my best swings with each club.

These are from off of a tee:

Previous Apex
7e9c482524c009626e8ff7a728985ee2.jpg

2019 Apex
d145e2d50b1e541138f64aec4b307beb.jpg

From the mat:

Previous Apex
43a7ea6876d7537ab30369e211b29584.jpg

2019 Apex
a5a83cbd1c0f8636d6aabb379d5947e9.jpg

The trend that I have seemed to notice in a couple of sim sessions is that the 2019 version seems to launch about a half a degree less than the previous model and slightly less spin. I'm not sure how much that's going to hurt or help me this year but I'll update throughout the year. It does seem to have very forgiveness over the older model IMO which is something I can always use.

If you have any questions fire away!

@KEV

I heart you. That helps a TON.

On a whim I put this in the bag for the first time in more than a year. I only hit 2 shots with it but both of them were excellent. I've been firmly believing the UT is the best club for that spot in the bag, and it has been great, but now I have something to think about.

Why I went away from these is beyond me. I put my 3 back in play today and found instant success. This look fits my eye so well and I'll put my 5 hybrid up against the Titleist 5 hybrid the next time I hit. Should have never went away from them last year...but the future with these is very bright!

Welcome home 3 hybrid. I've missed ya.

And the Titleist experiment is essentially over. Apex 5 beat out the 818 and is back in the bag. I love the profile and look of these hybrids so much! Oh, yeah, performance isn't too bad either....

Nothing but good things from this club the past few rounds. I think it will stay in the bag full time again.

Back