Callaway Apex Hybrid Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the details of this new line can be found right here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-apex-hybrid-preview/

In Hand Pictures
IMG_9851-L.jpg

IMG_9850-L.jpg

IMG_9844-L.jpg

IMG_9848-L.jpg

IMG_9847-L.jpg

Im not a massive fan of the shape but i bet they perform amazingly.

The face shape screams ADAMS which isn't a bad thing, I'd give it a hit and if I liked it, wait til the price drops in a couple months when they release more clubs.

Love the shape. Think I will be looking hard at two of these once I can get my hands on them

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

It looks clean & I like it.

Very nice!

I wish I could hit hybrids because this one looks fantastic.

I wish I could hit hybrids because this one looks fantastic.
Throw a HEAVY stiff shaft in them and you will be surprised how easy they are to hit. I was in the same boat for a long time. I have found that a certain profile works better for me. Just so happens this has that profile.

Throw a HEAVY stiff shaft in them and you will be surprised how easy they are to hit. I was in the same boat for a long time. I have found that a certain profile works better for me. Just so happens this has that profile.

That may help. For whatever reason I really get along with the UT and can't consistently hit a hybrid in the direction I want it in lol I will absolutely give this one a chance though

I wanted to hit this so bad the other day. I really like the squarish toe and compact size of the head.

I'm not a hybrid guy, but the shape looks very appealing.

Honestly...not really excited about this one. Sure I'll hit it but it certainly doesn't instill confidence at first look.

I wanted to hit this so bad the other day. I really like the squarish toe and compact size of the head.

Looks very compact! That's the first thing I noticed. I ideally would like a compact hybrid with a lot forgiveness. Looking forward to see if there is a trade-off with this one by looks alone. But this hybrid does look fantastic. Very Adams-ish,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOVE!!!!

I cannot wait to try these.

Me too. I would have broke out my old right handed swing to hit it!

Face definitely makes me think Adams but then the elongated toe gets away from that look.

Not a shape I've had great success with but I do like what they are doing with the Apex name and branching it out further from just irons.

Another one I'd like to hit. The Big Bertha head was just a bit too big and heavy I think. Smaller appeals to me. Still digging the matte finish too.

Skinny is what I see. Skinny doesn't make me ooze with confidence while standing over the ball.

Nice looking club but just seems to be another hybrid built for distance rather than a versatility. Still waiting for the day the warbird sole makes another appearance. The squared shape just never works for me.

This looks XR/X2Hot pro ish to me, based on my limited amount of time with those clubs. I'll be interested in giving this a swing.

This looks even better in person :) got a peak at it the other day and looks stealthy and dangerous. I admit I don't game aby hybrids and haven't in a while, but this I'd give it a shot on looks alone

Looks amazing. My old I20 Ping hybrid might be my favorite club in the bag right now but I will definitely be testing this out.

Is it okay to say that looks very "Adamsish."

Too skinny for me. I never got along with Adams hybrids. I know Chip Brewer's work bio but thought this would be more XR and less a throwback to Adams.

But if it performs like the XR...

(okay, reading below, it's a hybrid for gapping irons ... that goes against the grain, and many will appreciate it.)

Last edited:
Nice looking club but just seems to be another hybrid built for distance rather than a versatility. Still waiting for the day the warbird sole makes another appearance. The squared shape just never works for me.
Having hit it, I can say that isn't the case. These are built to be true iron replacements gap for gap, not distance monsters.

Back