Callaway Apex MB Irons

Supposed to arrive Mon/Tues next week. Think I might need to plan a day off for them.

Outstanding. My order went in yesterday. I'm kind of hoping to have them by the weekend of the 14th.

Outstanding. My order went in yesterday. I'm kind of hoping to have them by the weekend of the 14th.
I stopped in to ask. "Wheretf are my blades?! I hit 18 greens today! Do you know what I could have done with those Apex??!!?" :p:LOL:. I suppose I can settle for start of the week, but man, a day like today makes a guy anxious to get some fine crafted precision in his hands. Like, yesterday..

If you're a weekend player I do hope you get yours by the end of the week instead of a Monday. I hate sitting on new clubs.

Last edited:

Awesome.... did you end up going with a CB/MB combo set? I am thinking 4-7 (CB) & 8-G (MB) with the stock MMT shafts. I played yesterday playing my Srixon 565/765/965 combo (Recoil) and really like the blade feel at the upper end, hadn’t played them all year and didn’t skip a beat, just great irons.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Awesome.... did you end up going with a CB/MB combo set? I am thinking 4-7 (CB) & 8-G (MB) with the stock MMT shafts. I played yesterday playing my Srixon 565/765/965 combo (Recoil) and really like the blade feel at the upper end, hadn’t played them all year and didn’t skip a beat, just great irons.

Looking forward to your feedback.

I went with 5-A all in MB. I was thinking combo on the 5 & 6 but the feel off the MB's drew me in. I'm apparently a sucker for punishment. Also a 4UT to play around with.

I love my Recoils and would have been an easy choice to put those in, and still may. Recoils really opened my eyes and now I'm wanting to experiment with more, so I went MMT for shafts as a start, pure curiosity. Recoils made me a graphite convert.

Last edited:

I'm scared to ask how many sets of irons this now makes? :)

I'm scared to ask how many sets of irons this now makes? :)

:unsure::unsure: Gamers or vintage? This is the 3rd set with Apex stamped on them, though only two of them are Callaway.

Might have to break down an sell the '18's to stay level, hard to justify both perhaps aside from collector tendencies. I do like options. The '18's are bloody graceful.

C80B669D-7110-407F-B925-52427FFB8846.jpeg
4E288AF4-B07A-4C6A-B144-B0D6D0458F0A.jpeg
421C047E-C8EF-4DC1-BE65-47A48A4DC095.jpeg
3B5D9206-9FDC-42FE-8376-5DD7A9C25A94.jpeg

Oh, you lucky MotherF...... I called to see if mine were in yet about an hour ago, and they seemed to think it was unreasonable for me to expect them Monday morning when they told me 'early next week' last week.

I disagree.

I want them. NOW.

Give us all your grassy thoughts. Please.

Haha, that is funny. I'd disagree too.

My grassy thoughts are mostly idle fantasies... I'm stuck at work! I took some practice swings at lunch (no golf balls). I love the satin. I love the look at address.

Currently developing a plan to ditch work tomorrow and golf instead. No way I can make it till the weekend with 70* weather in NH i November! :sneaky:

Haha, that is funny. I'd disagree too.

My grassy thoughts are mostly idle fantasies... I'm stuck at work! I took some practice swings at lunch (no golf balls). I love the satin. I love the look at address.

Currently developing a plan to ditch work tomorrow and golf instead. No way I can make it till the weekend with 70* weather in NH i November! :sneaky:
I feel like the rest of NH would be waiting for you like 'where ya been?' That's crazy good weather for this time of year, so tomorrow sounds like it needs to happen. They look great!!

Houston we have two nine irons. One of them is shorter than the other. And no mfAW

Houston we have two nine irons. One of them is shorter than the other. And no mfAW

I don't want my clubs to know about it. What IN THE ****? Of all the clubs! Not the AW! 😢

Last edited:
I'm thinking going towards Callaway for irons for 2021 and moving towards more forgiveness than my current set.... But I won't lie the PW/AW from the MBs are on the back of my mind for a possible combo set.

They're in!

And I don't think I have time to grab them before we tee off. :cry:

Early reports are that the clubs are all different, and have the appropriate heads and lengths though.

Sounds like a 6 iron and a 9 iron!

LOL what is funny here is that the club in question was built as a single so it has a shrink shaft band that specs custom AW. And the head is a 9. I did a triple take. Will call Callaway here in a bit.
B442EAEB-DB74-4649-AF24-21F7DEB9CEBD.jpeg4E093132-97A9-4CCD-B58E-FA7664B111A2.jpeg33AB81AA-4FB8-449E-AE60-19E0C5D5A294.jpeg

Post round workout

6FC7EF64-424C-434B-8F11-98B7E0930026.jpeg

@dacatalyst41 me either. Enough about the AW non-issue here’s the new toys :D

CAB8B328-3D4A-4AED-A0D8-666AC1345995.jpeg

20201110_151755.jpg

Quick little range sesh with how I think I'm going to play them to start.

Back