Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

The Pro 4i is a fun club. Long and easy to hit! Bending it 1*strong and you should still get plenty of launch and height.
Awesome. I think that's the route I'm going to go. I've hit the 5 iron and loved it, no problem with height there -- can't imagine the 4 will be a total disaster.

In blending, I definitely want to go Pro 4, 5, 6 and CB from 8 down. The 7 iron is where I'm on the fence. Unfortunately no lefty CB demo head at my local golf shops yet! @Jman and others who have hit both ... obviously there's gonna be a significant forgiveness difference, and the Pros are super forgiving. Anything you can compare the CB to? Either, how dramatic is the drop-off from the Pro ... or how's the CB compare forgiveness-wise to some other clubs on the market, maybe like T100? Just trying to figure out which way to go and looking for any intel that could get me off the fence. Since Callaway is so great about returns for credit, I'm not too worried about making the wrong call ... I can always send it back and go the other way. Come to think of it, maybe I should just get both 7 irons...

Awesome. I think that's the route I'm going to go. I've hit the 5 iron and loved it, no problem with height there -- can't imagine the 4 will be a total disaster.

In blending, I definitely want to go Pro 4, 5, 6 and CB from 8 down. The 7 iron is where I'm on the fence. Unfortunately no lefty CB demo head at my local golf shops yet! @Jman and others who have hit both ... obviously there's gonna be a significant forgiveness difference, and the Pros are super forgiving. Anything you can compare the CB to? Either, how dramatic is the drop-off from the Pro ... or how's the CB compare forgiveness-wise to some other clubs on the market, maybe like T100? Just trying to figure out which way to go and looking for any intel that could get me off the fence. Since Callaway is so great about returns for credit, I'm not too worried about making the wrong call ... I can always send it back and go the other way. Come to think of it, maybe I should just get both 7 irons...
CB is a true players forged cavity back, so in terms of forgiveness you get some, and maybe more than you might expect, but there is still a level of demand. I’d say in line with T100 so far, but I plan on looking at data to know for sure.

Only 350 out on this par five let's hit a couple of irons and see how much fun they are

5 iron, PE , two putt parimage.jpgimage.jpg

218 in on a long par four into a little bit of breeze, and just tried to smooth the fore iron, see what the distances are like ended up Pin high just off the left edge love the way the ball jumps on these

Last edited:
Short par 4 7th at Frisco Lakes , laser a 4 iron to about 120

Gotta ask about Apex Pro irons. I was at PGASS yesterday and decided I wanted to go hit these just for the fun of it. The fitters told me I could hit the new CB but not the Apex Pro's. They were all recalled back to Callaway for a technical glitch or problem. Anyone else hear of this? Or did I miss something?

These cut turf when you hit down and thru the ball, such spin from the thin ground. Hit a few 9 irons and wedges from the rough as they just SAT

Not the way to play a long par 3 ; 224 slightly down but straight, tried to see if I could carry the 4 lol topped it to 157 out. Hit an 8 iron to 4 feet 1 putt par

Good drive from the back tees on 17 left me 166 to the pin , 7 iron to middle 2 putts, par I love the distance in these for sure and I am playing my baby draw

I gotta see if heads are in locally, I imagine they must be, the fitting pro was supposed to call me. My swing was trash the first day with him, maybe he doesnt want to see me back? jk, it's a local independent, I'm good for a set of irons every year or 2, and lots of misc inbetween.

Gotta ask about Apex Pro irons. I was at PGASS yesterday and decided I wanted to go hit these just for the fun of it. The fitters told me I could hit the new CB but not the Apex Pro's. They were all recalled back to Callaway for a technical glitch or problem. Anyone else hear of this? Or did I miss something?
I heard something the other day about something like this. Not sure the extent of things though but I thought it was in the original look at these or something along the lines of before they were released.

If I remember right, it was something with the fitting heads only, not the actual production clubs that have gone out to the public. Maybe @xThor can confirm, I thought I remembered him posting something about it.

If I remember right, it was something with the fitting heads only, not the actual production clubs that have gone out to the public. Maybe @xThor can confirm, I thought I remembered him posting something about it.

Some of the fitting heads need a little repair done to get some sound issues fixed. It's not a performance issue. I (no inside knowledge here) think it's something with the urethane microspheres, or lack of, in these fitting heads that makes it sounds a little more metallic/tinky. And its not all of the fitting heads, just a select few.
I'm sending mine in to get fixed after a fitting event this weekend. I have a bunch of bonded samples, and numerous retails clubs, and all of them sound perfect.
Again, no performance issues, just isn't really indicative of what the heads will sound like when they get into customers hands, so we want to make sure we get that fixed.

I. Want. The. Pros

Next season can't get here soon enough

Very interested in the Pro but still wonder what the next standard Apex will be like!! The 21 was a great club in fittings but I never pulled the trigger

I. Want. The. Pros

Next season can't get here soon enough
If you were in TN, the season doesn't end, so you could just go ahead and order. :LOL:

Hit these at CC over the weekend. I thought I was impressed with the T-150s but the Pros absolutely blew me away. Crazy hot off the face while still getting really good spin numbers in the high 5000s with a 6i. Forgiveness was impressive too. On mishits I was really only losing about 5 yards of carry
How would you compare the forgiveness between those two?

Back