Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing the feedback from the testers.

I will be definitely following this thread. Look forward to hearing what the testers think of the Alpha 815 driver.

I look forward to following along.

I'll be hitting this on Saturday on a monitor so I'll have some thoughts and comparisons to other releases.

Can't wait to get started with this one. The low spin/forgiveness sounds right up my alley. Very exciting!

Wish I had one to try, I'm interested in seeing the numbers from a regular flex stock shaft.

I'm waiting to hear back from the guys at CPC Canada when is the earliest they can get me in to test this club.

It's going to be hard to beat out my BBA with Aldila Rip Alpha. I finally got it tuned in after 3 months of trial and error with different shafts, settings and weights. I love low drive fades. Hope the 815 can pull it off.

I will be in this thread with reviews and comparisons for the 815 and 815 DBD.

Is this driver supposed to be even more forgiving that the bertha?

Can't wait to get the club in my hands

Love to see what shaft was chosen for me

Is this driver supposed to be even more forgiving that the bertha?

I belive it is supose to be more forgiving then the BBA but i do not know about the BB

OK some bad news. Minor setback but we will prevail.

As the sole lefty of the group the world works against me. GG did say there will be a delay in me getting the 815. But that didn't discourage me. I thought to myself I owe it to THP to get a review in ASAP so I contacted my people here in Canada.

LH 815's no where to be found. Not even in Callaway Canada HQ's. They are all sitting in the ports in California due to labour disputes so nothing is being shipped at this time.

So they will notify me once they get theirs or I get mine and the review will start on the spot. Hang in the THP.

As the sole lefty of the group the world works against me. GG did say there will be a delay in me getting the 815. But that didn't discourage me. I thought to myself I owe it to THP to get a review in ASAP so I contacted my people here in Canada.

LH 815's no where to be found. Not even in Callaway Canada HQ's. They are all sitting in the ports in California due to labour disputes so nothing is being shipped at this time.

So they will notify me once they get theirs or I get mine and the review will start on the spot. Hang in the THP.

Dang, that sure is a bummer man. Hopefully it works out for you ASAP. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

We will get you the LH version in the next 10 days.

Thats a downer but i am sure Callaway will get it to you as soon as they can, Port labor disputes really can slow thing down

I'll be hitting this on Saturday on a monitor so I'll have some thoughts and comparisons to other releases.

I'm hoping to as well, either Saturday or Sunday. Plan on comparing directly to my personal Bertha, as well as my other drivers (R9 460, 913D2, XCG6). Hopefully they don't kick me out of the shop for hogging the sim haha

I will be comparing it to a few others than just my gamer I also have a R1 and R11sV2 to go aganist the 815

My only comparison on the course will be with a Razr Fit and R1. If the nasty weather that's expected sticks around for a little while I will take it up to Golfsmith and hit it against some newer released drivers. Ones that I have liked so far from LM testing is the Adams XTD w/ Stiff Red Tie and X2Hot with stock R flex.

I have already hit !0.5 with a stiff speeder 565 on the launch monitor. I normally play a regular. With gravity core down, definitely flatter trajectory than the Big Bertha. May have to go up a degree in loft. I'll find out on the course Saturday( my 10.5 with regular speeder 665 arrived yesterday). I can tell you that it is more forgiving than the Big Bertha and the head feels a lot better.

I will be in this thread with reviews and comparisons for the 815 and 815 DBD.

Interested in seeing the spin and forgiveness differences between the DBD and 815 alpha! If they are close forgiveness wise and the DBD is indeed a decent bit lower spin wise, I would go DBD. I love the ultra deep face look.

Interested in seeing the spin and forgiveness differences between the DBD and 815 alpha! If they are close forgiveness wise and the DBD is indeed a decent bit lower spin wise, I would go DBD. I love the ultra deep face look.
Will do my best to compare with my swing. Will document how misses in different parts of the face react

My 815 showed up today. I didn't hit it yet. I'm salivating. Too bad I have a family dinner!

I will be comparing it to a few others than just my gamer I also have a R1 and R11sV2 to go aganist the 815
I already have it in the bag Brian lol

Back