Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

It is just a heavier driver shaft same or lower launch than the 60 most likly with less spin

I have not hit the Rouge yet i am sure i will at some point but not for a while unless Callaway wants to send me one but it is said to be close to the Tour Green which i love just a little lower launching

Sounds really good In the end I wouldn't want to put a fairway wood shaft on my new boom stick hehe

Did you try out the DBD as well? I feel like this one would be right in your wheelhouse. We need to get together soon and put em side-by-side.

I tried the DBD on the LM. Same Rogue shaft as the 815. Results were not nearly as good. Hit a couple on the heel that just didn't go anywhere. Really had to hit the center of the club face to get a good reaction.

Too much to worry about with a driver for me. 815 was the easy call.

I said I would do it. These came out amazing.

Old school look with new tech. Love it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
Looking good OUZO!

I'm heading out for round 2 on Friday. Going to start playing with the settings and shafts this round.

Those look amazing!

Those look incredible OUZO. Absolutely outstanding.

Those look great OUZO. You did a really incredible job.

Handmade? Those look awesome OUZO!

Yup hand made from a known cover maker.

Brian didn't you out the sldr on the bay already ...if you did I'm thinking bout a backup lol

Those head covers are absolutely amazing! Do tell your secret. I would love to consider getting a couple made like those for my fairway woods.

Brian didn't you out the sldr on the bay already ...if you did I'm thinking bout a backup lol

Not head for the bay any time soon it is now my back up i might get rid of the R11S V2 but not ready
to part with the SLDR just yet

Those head covers are absolutely amazing! Do tell your secret. I would love to consider getting a couple made like those for my fairway woods.

Im not one to hold back secrets from friends. There is no secret.

But I don't want this thread hijacked. And I would be the one to blame. So I'll send you a PM and whoever needs info just PM me.

Played my first round with my new Big Bertha Alpha 815, 9 degree, Speeder Stiff Shaft.

Set to +1, gravity core down, neutral setting with weight 7 on heel and 1 on toe.

Course was very wet and I got no roll out at all. Course is relatively short and tight and I only hit driver when needed.

Shot a 37-39, and only had 1 that I pulled left, apart from that the other 6 drives were long with an awesome trajectory and straight with a tiny draw. I haven't even spent time with this driver on the range yet and it performed brilliantly. 3 of my drives carried around 275, the other 3 around 260 - no complaints about that.

Playing again on Friday, will try to make it to the range before then. But so far, so good.

Played my first round with my new Big Bertha Alpha 815, 9 degree, Speeder Stiff Shaft.

Set to +1, gravity core down, neutral setting with weight 7 on heel and 1 on toe.

Course was very wet and I got no roll out at all. Course is relatively short and tight and I only hit driver when needed.

Shot a 37-39, and only had 1 that I pulled left, apart from that the other 6 drives were long with an awesome trajectory and straight with a tiny draw. I haven't even spent time with this driver on the range yet and it performed brilliantly. 3 of my drives carried around 275, the other 3 around 260 - no complaints about that.

Playing again on Friday, will try to make it to the range before then. But so far, so good.

That's great to hear! Still just so amazed at my toe shots still going straight. Baffles me.

That's great to hear! Still just so amazed at my toe shots still going straight. Baffles me.

The Forgivness is turly amazing plus it is still as long as most others on the market

So for the my birthday I got the Big Bertha V series drive, which I liked. Today I tried the BB Alpha 815 driver and was blown away. I was taking a lesson and my instructor said he didn't like the V series for me. He handed me the BB Alpha 815 and I crushed it. The 815 sound is amazing and the face is so hot. I was picking up 5-10 yards with BB 815 on the launch the monitor. Thank god, I was within the 90 days play guarantee at PGA Superstore. So I picked up the BB Alpha 815. This is a great club and cannot wait to get it on the course.

This is a trivial question but is something I am curious about. Is this driver supposed to make the clicking noise when the shaft, weights, gravity core are completely tightened? I have tightened stuff to where I didn't want to go any further with it from fear of damage and never heard the click. All other adjustable drivers I have used previously made the clicking sound.

This is a trivial question but is something I am curious about. Is this driver supposed to make the clicking noise when the shaft, weights, gravity core are completely tightened? I have tightened stuff to where I didn't want to go any further with it from fear of damage and never heard the click. All other adjustable drivers I have used previously made the clicking sound.

Mine clicks.

Mine clicks.

With everything or just tightening the shaft? Maybe I stopped just short of the click.

Don't fear. Just tighten until you hear the click. Let the wrench do the work

Back