Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

It's great to hear that outdoor feedback. This is basically the final frontier for me before i declare this the greatest ball for me.

BTW if you want dense thumpiness in an X ball, give the B-XS a try. That thing feels so dense to me i swear one of these days i'm gonna hit it and it's gonna big bang and start a new universe

The CTx is firmer than the B-XS, but the heaviness/thumpiness is similar outdoors, for sure.

I played several different golf balls today for my first outdoor round of the season. Chrome Tour took the honors on the final two holes and I quite enjoyed it. Hit a nice shot into a par 3 with the wind in my face. Even the guy I was playing with commented on how nicely it played through the wind, and it did. Felt really good off the driver as well and felt really good off the wedge for a 30ish yard pitch shot.

I played several different golf balls today for my first outdoor round of the season. Chrome Tour took the honors on the final two holes and I quite enjoyed it. Hit a nice shot into a par 3 with the wind in my face. Even the guy I was playing with commented on how nicely it played through the wind, and it did. Felt really good off the driver as well and felt really good off the wedge for a 30ish yard pitch shot.
Nice to hear that you got out.

Buddy of mine is now a convert after playing on his sim for an afternoon. He didn’t care as much for the CTx as it spun too much for him (same friend, same) but the chrome tour? Oh man. He was hitting carry numbers he hasn’t seen since his 20’s. Even on the mishits he had, he was getting similar numbers to what were his best strikes with his previous ball.

Feels like my secret weapon going into 2024 has been found out, and now have to go back to developing talent. I wasn’t ready for that going into the time change :(

I played today with a Chrome Tour and a Chrome Tour X I love the feel of the Chrome Tour. These will be a great addition. I want to try to see how long I can make 1 ball last before it scuffs. I have hit a good number of wedges, on a chipping range with t to see how it reacts and handles then played today with fresh grooves. My Chrome Tour X has 1 little scuff. I think I hit a rock in a bunker that may have scuffed it. but I like the feel. I have been a prov 1x guy for a long time. and this finally feels close to it.

Year of the dragon Chrome Tour. Packaging is amazing and the golf ball looks outstanding! Looks like the gold standard met black label!

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpegIMG_1450.jpegIMG_1451.jpegIMG_1452.jpeg

Played another 18 with the CT Sunday. The round provided me with a look into an aspect of the golf ball that I needed to see, but didn't enjoy witnessing. While it proved to be an above-avg ball-striking day, I think I managed to hit every tree on the course. Twice. While incredibly maddening, I walked away impressed by the durability of the ball. I played the same ball over 18 holes and saw nothing worse than one small, light abrasion. While I didn't rip any back, I had no issues stopping approach shots (6i - wedges) throughout the day. I continue to enjoy the feel of the CT across all clubs: not clicky, but not mushy.

Got out on a lovely 70 degree March day and took the Chrome Tour for a spin. I was down to my last sleeves of G CSX balls, so I needed to try the new ball before making a buy 3 get 1 order at the club.

It didn't take me long to decide Chrome Tour is my ball for the year. It is straighter off the driver, and launches higher off all the clubs for me, which is something I am looking for. Feels great on full swings, and I am liking the triple track more than ever.

On a rather windy day, distance was definitely affected, but I felt that my lateral dispersion was tighter, especially into the wind where lateral misses get bigger.

Unfortunately, lost one to a plugged lie, but the other ball made it through the rest of the round and looked good as new afterwards. Committed and made my order!

I played a par 3 course today using the CS X LS and the Chrome Tour. Man, these Chrome Tour golf balls are significantly better than the X LS.

Ball flight between the 2 was about the same. They both went about the exact same distance. That was about it.

The CT feels less firm, but not soft on the face on full swings. On pitch and chip shots the CT feels a lot less firm than the X LS. The same holds true with the putter. Now that I’ve used the CT a bit, the X LS feels way too firm on the putter face. I made some putts at 10 and 20 feet using the TruTrack alignment aid and the CT ball. The X LS ran longer on putts compared to the CT as well, this might have to do with the firmness of the core, not sure.

The green side spin of the CT is pretty nice. It definitely checks up well.

Today I pitched one in from about 10yds away and chipped and pitched several others within a few feet of the hole.

Chip in with 62* JAWS RAW & CT at 10yds
IMG_1455.jpeg

20 yd pitch to 2’ with JAWS RAW 62* & CT
IMG_1457.jpeg

15yd chip to 3’ with 62* JAWS Raw & CT
IMG_1461.jpeg

Last edited:
Added a dozen chrome tour today. Excited to see how they fit my game

Forgot to mention how the covers looked after I was done playing. I played in total 13 holes with the Tour X and 5 with the Tour, and the X looks better for whatever reason. I didn't have anything unusual when playing with the Tour and didn't hit anything, I just chewed it up easier. I do remember looking at the face of wedges after a few shots and the Jaws Raw has sharp teeth lol, chunks of cover in the grooves after a few shoots.

Here is the Tour

IMG_1507.jpegIMG_1508.jpegIMG_1509.jpeg

Here's the X

IMG_1512.jpegIMG_1511.jpeg

Golfballs.com has other variants besides TT on the B3G1 deal.
Bernie Mac Day GIF

I held off playing the X for quite a while and put it back in play today. And the TT was killing me.

3 for 1 has been ordered. Chrome tour x.

Grabbed a dozen Chrome Tour Yellow to try out for my next round. I like a softer feel, and need the lower driver spin so that's what drew me to the Tour over the TourX. Will be interested to see if they can beat out the Chrome Soft which I love the feel of

View attachment 9246484
20 yd pitch to 2’ with JAWS RAW 62* & CT
View attachment 9246481

15yd chip to 3’ with 62* JAWS Raw & CT
View attachment 9246485
those are the tiny-est greens ever haha. good shots!!!

Forgot to mention how the covers looked after I was done playing. I played in total 13 holes with the Tour X and 5 with the Tour, and the X looks better for whatever reason. I didn't have anything unusual when playing with the Tour and didn't hit anything, I just chewed it up easier. I do remember looking at the face of wedges after a few shots and the Jaws Raw has sharp teeth lol, chunks of cover in the grooves after a few shoots.

Here is the Tour

View attachment 9246634View attachment 9246635View attachment 9246636

Here's the X

View attachment 9246638View attachment 9246639

I was literally coming here to ask if anyone else was having cover issues.... I have gone through 3 balls in 2 rounds due to having pretty beat up covers. The test balls I had, i don't recall beating up the cover that badly, but this second dozen I bought, I'm not super happy with the covering. Ball performs great, but after legit sand shots or even some full wedges (my wedges are old btw), i notice the same scuff marks or cuts on the ball as above.

View attachment 9246484

I was literally coming here to ask if anyone else was having cover issues.... I have gone through 3 balls in 2 rounds due to having pretty beat up covers. The test balls I had, i don't recall beating up the cover that badly, but this second dozen I bought, I'm not super happy with the covering. Ball performs great, but after legit sand shots or even some full wedges (my wedges are old btw), i notice the same scuff marks or cuts on the ball as above.

They are ridiculously tiny greens. I was upset that my GIR was so low, but then I reflected on just how small they really are and I wasn't too worried about it.

View attachment 9246484

I haven't had any issues with durability with the CT or CS, they've both held up well for me. But I don't hit the ball anywhere near as hard as @Kmench, he does terrible things to a golf ball! :ROFLMAO:

I haven't had any issues with durability with the CT or CS, they've both held up well for me. But I don't hit the ball anywhere near as hard as @Kmench, he does terrible things to a golf ball! :ROFLMAO:
That's honestly been my experience, as well. I didn't even think about the differences in swing speeds. I definitely don't abuse the golf ball like (I've heard) @Kmench does.

That's honestly been my experience, as well. I didn't even think about the differences in swing speeds. I definitely don't abuse the golf ball like (I've heard) @Kmench does.
I'm surprised his golf balls even stay round.

haha I certainly don't bring the speeds like he does either :LOL: but I have seen some cover wear. Maybe unlucky dozen. At this point, it won't keep me from playing them, but as i mentioned, i did retire three balls to the backup part of the bag for the rounds that go awful and I'm not trying to lose the good balls haha

I also have had no issues with the CTX or CT. I did get a mark on them for a tree here or there but no cuts and i kept playing them.

Back