Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

That’s interesting if it’s the case - with all of the comments on sound, coming through the TV I at least prefer the sound of Hadwin’s driver.

I think it sounds way better than the rogue, epic, and other OEM’s carbon drivers. *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d think tour guys can get the driver hot melted to modify the sound if need be. I think it’s just best for everyone to try it and decide for themselves.

I guess that’s why it’s my opinion. I thought it was. I’m not saying he doesn’t have a right to his own opinion. I just thought it was a bit distasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fair enough. It's -8 outside with no golf season in sight. I'm knee deep in cabin fever and apologize if I came across as confrontational. I need to go eat a Snickers

b7b46a6dfe7c89a2b654ba25febc7a2c.jpg

Much like JS continually going back to old club does the same for Titleist. I dig it, it’s just strange because Phil is usually one of the quickest adopters (and I love that about him).

This is purely sarcastic but it's a good thing that 95% of the golfing population say they don't care what tour Pros have in their bag .

That’s interesting if it’s the case - with all of the comments on sound, coming through the TV I at least prefer the sound of Hadwin’s driver.

Everything sounds good at their swing speeds hahaha

Well, ok, maybe not the ole Sasquatch

Yes it was directed at you for one of your previous post. I personally think it was a bit tacky and there are better was to provide constructive feedback.

You’ve been to the Grandaddy. You know the effort that Callaway puts into the products but that post just wasn’t very tasteful the way it came through.

Yes, I do understand that sometimes stuff comes through differently in text vs speaking. But, the content of that post did come off as completely ******** on the product.

No I haven’t tried it yet so I’m not endorsing it or saying everyone should. Constructive feedback is fine but I did feel your post was a bit distasteful. If that makes me a bad guy for pointing it out then so be it.

Like I said I was giving the product crap since that is my opinion of it FOR ME so I guess the content of the post came off as intended.

I would say the same thing to anyone at Callaway in person. I don’t live in a fairy tale rainbow land I call it as I see it. If you have a problem with that or me frankly I don’t really care you can move along.

Rather than spending your time telling me how you perceive my tone (which is funny) why not go hit the flash and provide your own feedback.

I guess that’s why it’s my opinion. I thought it was. I’m not saying he doesn’t have a right to his own opinion. I just thought it was a bit distasteful.

Opinions are like a#sholes ... Everyone has them.
I think that discord has a place here.

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the EFSZ since you didn’t convert to the Rogue.

I think it sounds way better than the rogue, epic, and other OEM’s carbon drivers. *

Sound is so personal. Everyone prefers something different which is why it is a great year to be searching for a driver, something for everyone.

Everything sounds good at their swing speeds hahaha

Well, ok, maybe not the ole Sasquatch

I think we can all agree that Driver releases have come a long way since the Sasquatch...

Sound is so personal. Everyone prefers something different which is why it is a great year to be searching for a driver, something for everyone.

Totally. There is so much good product for the 19 model year it’s insane.

I asked this question and the response was that this driver hit tour pretty late, some jumped right in, others are still in testing. They are pretty confident they will have near 100% adoption based on what they are seeing early on.

The results are speaking for themselves. Xander and Lowry win with it, and 2 in the top 5 to finish in this one. Crazy!

I think we can all agree that Driver releases have come a long way since the Sasquatch...

I will admit, I owned a Sasquatch Tour. And yes, it was pretty much because Tiger had one. I was young and impressionable. It didn't take me long to realize that it sounded like crap and you can't always get results with what you see being played on TV.

Some are speculating because you can’t get as much weight forward with the Flash SZ, but that’s just speculation

Haha, too true.

Much like JS continually going back to old club does the same for Titleist. I dig it, it’s just strange because Phil is usually one of the quickest adopters (and I love that about him).
That's interesting. I suppose with the track in the back, there's just more weight in the back than there used to be. The track alone has to add some weight. I wonder how it would play with no weight in the back and a heavier one up front.

Some are speculating because you can’t get as much weight forward with the Flash SZ, but that’s just speculation

Haha, too true.

Phil will be in one at some point I am sure. He tinkers so much and I am sure if they need to tweak the head for him a bit they will. Already seems like a couple different heads out there on tour, be curious to see all the differences in them or if it is just small cosmetic things.

Pretty sure Hadwin and Gooch are both playing it - stacked at the top haha

Has definitely been a great week for the Epic Flash across tours. Think that’s undeniable.

Phil will be in one at some point I am sure. He tinkers so much and I am sure if they need to tweak the head for him a bit they will. Already seems like a couple different heads out there on tour, be curious to see all the differences in them or if it is just small cosmetic things.

Totally agree, it’ll definitely happen.

Like I said I was giving the product crap since that is my opinion of it FOR ME so I guess the content of the post came off as intended.

I would say the same thing to anyone at Callaway in person. I don’t live in a fairy tale rainbow land I call it as I see it. If you have a problem with that or me frankly I don’t really care you can move along.

Rather than spending your time telling me how you perceive my tone (which is funny) why not go hit the flash and provide your own feedback.

If you want to come on that strong then that’s fine. This is the internet. I’m sure in person you’d show a lot more tact.

I do plan to get out and hit the Flash soon and I’ll be in here giving my thoughts. We’ve had record rainfall here and unfortunately I just haven’t had the time.

I’ll have my Flash SZ in hand here in a few days. Same shafts of the same length etc will be in my Epic SZ (thank you again PX and THP for THCE) and we’ll all see how an on course side by side works out.

Also of note: will be using a real ball instead of a range ball. I wonder if that makes a difference in sound as well!
I really think there’s something to this. The worst of the sound for me has come with range balls on covered stalls with high impact points. Outside with normal balls the sound covers a range of spectrums based on impact point.

I'm not looking to change my driver. However, the pro I use to work for sent me his fitting numbers, +3 mph ball speed over Rogue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not looking to change my driver. However, the pro I use to work for sent me his fitting numbers, +3 mph ball speed over Rogue.

That’s 10 yards... hmmmmmm

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I kind of regret selling my G400 from the perspective of not being able to compare numbers. That's the only reason though.

If you want to come on that strong then that’s fine. This is the internet. I’m sure in person you’d show a lot more tact.

I do plan to get out and hit the Flash soon and I’ll be in here giving my thoughts. We’ve had record rainfall here and unfortunately I just haven’t had the time.

I really would be that strong, it’s just my personality always has been always will be. I’m also the first to give credit and praise on things. I get it comes across different than most but that’s what makes everyday interesting. We are all different and approach things differently, sometimes we all agree, sometimes we don’t but I think we can all agree on golf equipment and wanting to improve and celebrate what is here now and coming in the future.

The rain will stop one day here in the Carolinas and when it does I would more than welcome/enjoy sharing a round with you and having an open discussion on equipment and why we like/dislike certain things.

That’s 10 yards... hmmmmmm

He had 8 yards on average carry distance. Different launch for him compared to the Rogue. High spin, high launch guy.

I really would be that strong, it’s just my personality always has been always will be. I’m also the first to give credit and praise on things. I get it comes across different than most but that’s what makes everyday interesting. We are all different and approach things differently, sometimes we all agree, sometimes we don’t but I think we can all agree on golf equipment and wanting to improve and celebrate what is here now and coming in the future.

The rain will stop one day here in the Carolinas and when it does I would more than welcome/enjoy sharing a round with you and having an open discussion on equipment and why we like/dislike certain things.

Sounds great. I’d love to have you as a guest at my club.

I’m going out on a limb and guessing the pro hits center more often than not. To gain 3mph is huge for him, but goes back to my original opinion that less than consistent players like myself will see some bigger gains and that’s where this one shines over the Epic and Rogue lines, let alone anything that might be it’s competition this release cycle.

I think the bigger story here is the dispersion and how on mishits it’s keeping people in play. I can only offer perspective based on what i saw on a launch monitor, but offline numbers were tighter.

Back