Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Holy launch batman and great numbers!

Hi Curtis, why I love having the monitor with club data as well as ball is I am able to work on my AOA last week it was around 1 degree now I am consistently getting plus 4 to 5 degrees. Focusing on that and club path has helped me avoid chasing numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really cool how you have such great launch paired with such an aggressive descent angle. Love that!

And that was a little off the toe, centered up I think it carries 235 at least. Baby steps

I may be wrong, I don't think he was saying anyone is "misrepresenting their opinion." Most human bias is subconscious. I read "How We Decide," and I was blown away by the subconscious factors (including, physical attraction) that inform how we perceive things. I'm sure, for example, I talk more glowingly about a product during the honey-moon phase than later on.

That said, you're right, the skepticism naturally comes up each year. You Grandaddy guys have always done an amazing job on club reviews, including of on-course performance, and supporting those reviews with data. The Rogue line's performance and sales certainly backed up what you guys found and reported last year. And I suspect the exact same thing can be said about the Epic Flash. Everything I have ever read from the Grandaddy crew the last two years (only ones since I started on THP) seems 100% honest.
^^^this.

Hi Curtis, why I love having the monitor with club data as well as ball is I am able to work on my AOA last week it was around 1 degree now I am consistently getting plus 4 to 5 degrees. Focusing on that and club path has helped me avoid chasing numbers

Very nice work man. I also have a +3 or so AoA with driver these days and that's a big reason why I'm in the lowest loft head I've used in over 5 years at 9.5 (10.5 head in the N -1 setting)

And that was a little off the toe, centered up I think it carries 235 at least. Baby steps

Toe side this has been better than any driver I’ve ever used. Both in terms of speed and holding its line. Still see gear effect but there are swings I’ve stayed in play on that I wouldn’t have with the XR16.

That would be so nice to have. It sounds like you're able to get the most out of your swings.

I'm curious which shaft I'd be fit into. If I get fit into the EF Green (likely), I'll stick with the stock colors. But if I get fit into the Smoke (less likely), or another black or white shaft, it'll be hard to resist buying a blacked-out custom Flash.

I'm curious which shaft I'd be fit into. If I get fit into the EF Green (likely), I'll stick with the stock colors. But if I get fit into the Smoke (less likely), or another black or white shaft, it'll be hard to resist buying a blacked-out custom Flash.

Harry had the murdered out head in the bag. It was really cool looking.

I may be wrong, I don't think he was saying anyone is "misrepresenting their opinion." Most human bias is subconscious. I read "How We Decide," and I was blown away by the subconscious factors (including, physical attraction) that inform how we perceive things. I'm sure, for example, I talk more glowingly about a product during the honey-moon phase than later on.

That said, you're right, the skepticism naturally comes up each year. You Grandaddy guys have always done an amazing job on club reviews, including of on-course performance, and supporting those reviews with data. The Rogue line's performance and sales certainly backed up what you guys found and reported last year. And I suspect the exact same thing can be said about the Epic Flash. Everything I have ever read from the Grandaddy crew the last two years (only ones since I started on THP) seems 100% honest.

I apologize if my post came off heavy handed...

My commentary centered around the Heat every Grandaddy Team catches when they attempt to offer their opinion, and a lot of this criticism is unwarranted and at times disingenuous.

Example:
When I reviewed the Rogue Pros I posted sim numbers that didn’t show them being better than the Apex CF16s. In fact the sim numbers were almost identical, and my review reflected this fact.

As always take any opinions of gear from here or other websites with a grain of salt and judge for yourselves. I know for a fact, all the Callaway people ask is for the team to provide their honest opinion.
Remember if you like your driver, you can keep it.

And another btw, some of the Callaway Customs color schemes are SICK based on the ads.

I want a red and black one so bad!

So I have thoughts on this. Honestly, I thought the same thing in the past about previous Grandaddy teams. I mean how can you not be dedicated to a brand that just treated us to a once in a lifetime experience?

But here's the thing. We made a commitment to give honest feedback whether it was negative or positive. You are seeing feedback from a group of guys that has been out on the course with these clubs, not just taking a few swings on a launch monitor. You are seeing feedback on our thoughts of the colors (I personally don't care for the color combo and told a couple of the ZooCrew that), the sound (we've said it's different than previous Callaway releases and might not please everyone. I even took a video to share with the forum), and performance. To me and to many of my teammates performance trumps all. My experience is still pretty limited but I have seen some really good performance so far. If I was struggling with it I would 100% be completely honest about it, just like I've been honest about how I haven't been able to hit a Callaway driver well since the FT9.

It may seem like we are defending the sound and to a point we are because it seems like it hasn't been a huge deal. We've admitted it's a different sound and isn't as muted as others but it just hasn't sounded as obnoxious as others are making it out to be. With that said I completely understand that everyone is different and has their preference and that's great. However, and I'm not calling anyone individually out, some other forums and other members may have their own bias against Callaway or other brands and that's fine also. You're going to see different feedback from everyone and I can tell you that Team THP is going to give you honest feedback, good or bad.

This is well said. It’s why we do events with just about every company out there. It’s why we put the gear from just about every company out to the people here. Feedback. And the one thing every event participant or forum testing participant hears...be honest.

But every thread where there is an event and the equipment gets high praise, this comes up. See Cortex for most recent example and fill in the blank for every other one.

No big deal though, the same still holds true. We want honest feedback with tact (be it good or bad) and everybody that has been to a THP event knows the only real rule. Don’t be a dick. That’s it.

On that note, I’m heading back in for some previews on booths from the show and looking forward to hearing more from everybody on THP.

A difference of opinion is fine. To come in and totally **** on a product is just absurd. The heads are not that drastically different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m assuming that is directed at me which that is fine you are entitled to your opinion.

Truthfully if someone comes and gives a product crap so be it. If that is the way they feel then they should feel comfortable sharing. Just as if someone loves something they shouldn’t have to defend themselves on why they love it.

Truly great companies and people are the ones that can take the 100% bold, honest and sometimes harsh opinions and build to be better off the feedback. Take the positives and negatives and make the next release even better. Show me a company not wanting to hear and improve on the negative opinions and I will show you a company that will very quickly fade away. I think we can all agree Callaway is not that type of company and wants to hear what people have to say.

No one should have to defend anything about how they perceive something because it goes against the grain.

I am 100% sure the flash will be a great driver for some and I am sure it will be a dud for some others. Also fine.

For me the flash is DOA because of the sound. Anyone that takes the time to know me knows that I have said that about many many other drivers of pretty much every oem. I just will not play something I dislike the sound of.

Sharing feedback is a great thing everyone should open their minds and not get so hurt if someone’s opinion goes against their own.

I want a red and black one so bad!

Me too. I thought the colors were ugly when I first saw pictures. I didn’t think it looked bad in person, but I think I would probably regret not going custom.

I apologize if my post came off heavy handed...

My commentary centered around the Heat every Grandaddy Team catches when they attempt to offer their opinion, and a lot of this criticism is unwarranted and at times disingenuous.

Example:
When I reviewed the Rogue Pros I posted sim numbers that didn’t show them being better than the Apex CF16s. In fact the sim numbers were almost identical, and my review reflected this fact.

As always take any opinions of gear from here or other websites with a grain of salt and judge for yourselves. I know for a fact, all the Callaway people ask is for the team to provide their honest opinion.
Remember if you like your driver, you can keep it.

Nah, I get it, bud. I'd be the exact same way, and I know what you're talking about. Last winter was my first deep dive into THP, and I think I read almost all of the post-Grandaddy reviews. The entire crew did a great job, and I thought yours were especially good. In fact, I thought you were a staff writer.

Nah, I get it, bud. I'd be the exact same way, and I know what you're talking about. Last winter was my first deep dive into THP, and I think I read almost all of the post-Grandaddy reviews. The entire crew did a great job, and I thought yours were especially good. In fact, I thought you were a staff writer.

Thanks man...

I’m assuming that is directed at me which that is fine you are entitled to your opinion.

Truthfully if someone comes and gives a product crap so be it. If that is the way they feel then they should feel comfortable sharing. Just as if someone loves something they shouldn’t have to defend themselves on why they love it.

Truly great companies and people are the ones that can take the 100% bold, honest and sometimes harsh opinions and build to be better off the feedback. Take the positives and negatives and make the next release even better. Show me a company not wanting to hear and improve on the negative opinions and I will show you a company that will very quickly fade away. I think we can all agree Callaway is not that type of company and wants to hear what people have to say.

No one should have to defend anything about how they perceive something because it goes against the grain.

I am 100% sure the flash will be a great driver for some and I am sure it will be a dud for some others. Also fine.

For me the flash is DOA because of the sound. Anyone that takes the time to know me knows that I have said that about many many other drivers of pretty much every oem. I just will not play something I dislike the sound of.

Sharing feedback is a great thing everyone should open their minds and not get so hurt if someone’s opinion goes against their own.

Yes it was directed at you for one of your previous post. I personally think it was a bit tacky and there are better was to provide constructive feedback.

You’ve been to the Grandaddy. You know the effort that Callaway puts into the products but that post just wasn’t very tasteful the way it came through.

Yes, I do understand that sometimes stuff comes through differently in text vs speaking. But, the content of that post did come off as completely ******** on the product.

No I haven’t tried it yet so I’m not endorsing it or saying everyone should. Constructive feedback is fine but I did feel your post was a bit distasteful. If that makes me a bad guy for pointing it out then so be it.

Opinions don’t have to be pretty. They don’t have to be articulate. Most of all, they don’t have to be read if one doesn’t like what’s in them.

How about we get back to the driver, and how much Callaway is going to wish it was in Phil’s bag today if he wins, haha.

Opinions don’t have to be pretty. They don’t have to be articulate. Most of all, they don’t have to be read if one doesn’t like what’s in them.

How about we get back to the driver, and how much Callaway is going to wish it was in Phil’s bag today if he wins, haha.

Pretty sure Hadwin and Gooch are both playing it - stacked at the top haha

Yes it was directed at you for one of your previous post. I personally think it was a bit tacky and there are better was to provide constructive feedback.

You’ve been to the Grandaddy. You know the effort that Callaway puts into the products but that post just wasn’t very tasteful the way it came through.

Yes, I do understand that sometimes stuff comes through differently in text vs speaking. But, the content of that post did come off as completely ******** on the product.

No I haven’t tried it yet so I’m not endorsing it or saying everyone should. Constructive feedback is fine but I did feel your post was a bit distasteful. If that makes me a bad guy for pointing it out then so be it.

I just re-read what he wrote. How on Earth did his opinion come off as distasteful? He thinks it feels awful. It is within his rights to feel that way. It's within his rights to share that opinion too. Is he supposed to pull punches because he was a granddaddy participant in the past? Every OEM puts forth a ton of effort. They won't please everyone, and that's ok. I am sure they realize this. I would imagine they had an idea that the drastic change in sound may be polarizing too. Maybe they get similar feedback from others and decide to address it in the next release.

I do wonder why it isn't. He is typically an early adopter of sorts. Maybe he is still dialing it in. It's fun to see him compete at a high level yet.

But it might help unload the remaining Rogue inventory... I think it speaks to the quality of the product that Callaway has released in the last several cycles ...

I do wonder why it isn't. He is typically an early adopter of sorts. Maybe he is still dialing it in. It's fun to see him compete at a high level yet.

I asked this question and the response was that this driver hit tour pretty late, some jumped right in, others are still in testing. They are pretty confident they will have near 100% adoption based on what they are seeing early on.

I just re-read what he wrote. How on Earth did his opinion come off as distasteful? He thinks it feels awful. It is within his rights to feel that way. It's within his rights to share that opinion too. Is he supposed to pull punches because he was a granddaddy participant in the past? Every OEM puts forth a ton of effort. They won't please everyone, and that's ok. I am sure they realize this. I would imagine they had an idea that the drastic change in sound may be polarizing too. Maybe they get similar feedback from others and decide to address it in the next release.

I guess that’s why it’s my opinion. I thought it was. I’m not saying he doesn’t have a right to his own opinion. I just thought it was a bit distasteful.

That’s interesting if it’s the case - with all of the comments on sound, coming through the TV I at least prefer the sound of Hadwin’s driver.

Some are speculating because you can’t get as much weight forward with the Flash SZ, but that’s just speculation
But it might help unload the remaining Rogue inventory... I think it speaks to the quality of the product that Callaway has released in the last several cycles ...

Haha, too true.

Much like JS continually going back to old club does the same for Titleist. I dig it, it’s just strange because Phil is usually one of the quickest adopters (and I love that about him).

Back