Review Callaway Epic Forged Irons

I had mine out today and hit 12GIR. Nice being able to hit an 8 iron instead of a 7 or even possibly a 6 when I had the ZX7 irons. I don't have issues holding greens even today at 45°. Going to be a hard decision to decide if I want to switch irons this year or just keep on with these. Especially when the first round out is 77.
Which Nippon shafts do you have in them and why did you go that route?

Nippon ns 85s, I was fit into them by Club Champion as I had an extremely flat backswing... trying to correct that and move up a bit to 95s

Last edited:
For those that are still gaming these, How has the spin been?
Seems like they lack a little spin and run like "Forest Gump" when they hit the ground
Thinking they might be better with an "X" ball like CS, PV1 or XV.

Seems like they lack a little spin and run like "Forest Gump" when they hit the ground
I used the regular Chrome Soft with it and had minimal run out.

When I played them, they definitely had more spin than I was comfortable with sticking on the green. I ended up adjusting the club to add some loft to get a quicker descending ball to stop sooner. Ultimately, I battled them quite a bit but could never get the spin numbers where I wanted and was comfortable with for my swing.

I have had no problems holding greens up to the 6 iron but I use X balls.

I have used these irons for a good part of the summer and have had no difficulty stopping the ball on the greens. I play a higher spin ball with them, but the key to me is that they launch so high, the descent angle should allow most to stop the ball reasonably well.

Epic Forged Start Irons - Japanese Versions on Sale at CPO - Outlet = Brand New:

1642710757839.png

I have used these irons for a good part of the summer and have had no difficulty stopping the ball on the greens. I play a higher spin ball with them, but the key to me is that they launch so high, the descent angle should allow most to stop the ball reasonably well.
Interesting, I've found these work well (for me) with a Supersoft ball like Wilson Duo Optix.

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Back