Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

The extra sliding weight I have is only 5g.
Is this available anywhere? Maltby claims the Epic Flash slider does not work.

Is this available anywhere? Maltby claims the Epic Flash slider does not work.

I had a gaggle of Epic and Epic Flash slider weights around, and they all work on the Epic Max drivers. It‘s been perfect, as I had some 16g/17g weights, as well as some medium and lighter weights, that I have switched around whilst testing different shafts. They fit in place, they slide, all good to me. YMMV.

work is sucking the joy out of everything, and i'm staring at my custom epic max that hasn't even seen green grass, let alone had a chance to punish a golf ball yet. i need to fix this, and soon.

Here is a 12g stock Epic Max weight in my Max LS with Speeder 661, and a 17g Epic weight in my Max with Rogue White 60 stiff. I’ve run the gamut in weight when throwing in some Tensei Blue 65, Evenflow Riptide assortment, etc. 8g-13g needed in Max LS, and 13g-17g needed in Max. All for D2-D3 SW.

C4318C56-53CA-4D89-8251-03EBE3D9BA3E.jpeg

Really want to try the Speed fairway wood. Loved the Mavrik and want to see if they have managed to improve on it. Also like the idea of getting a touch more loft in the 4W.

Second round today with the Max LS and I AM LOVING IT!!!! Hit 86% FIR today, which is the best I’ve hit in over 2 years! I was hitting some absolute bombs with it as well. My heal side miss isn’t nearly as bad as far as punishment compared to my Flash. I am hitting this driver farther than my Flash but that could be due to the shaft combo as well and the reduction in spin. So the biggest adjustment for me is the sound. I’m not complaining about it, but it is definitely different sounding than the Flash and on mishits, you can really hear more of a “ting” sound if that makes sense. Centered, this thing sounds like a mute metal sound. I’m not saying I dislike it but just different from what I gamed the last 2 years.

I finally got my Epic Speed driver on the course yesterday and though my swing is a work in progress i hit some decent drives with it. @Smryan12 then hit some absolute bombs with it. I also hit a couple good shots from the fairway with my epic Max 5 wood. I cannot wait for the swing changes to get more ingrained but even where I'm at now the performance was really good.

My order is due in by the middle of June.
This is just not going to work.
Waiting in queue for Callaway CS to find out the problem.
Grip or my AD HD shaft is my guess.

My order is due in by the middle of June.
This is just not going to work.
Waiting in queue for Callaway CS to find out the problem.
Grip or my AD HD shaft is my guess.
For what it is worth, when I ordered my clubs from Club Champion before the end of February, I was told that starting March 1, it was going to be a 6-8 week lead time from Callaway.

For what it is worth, when I ordered my clubs from Club Champion before the end of February, I was told that starting March 1, it was going to be a 6-8 week lead time from Callaway.
If that is true, I'm, cancelling the order. I'll just go get something from Golf Galaxy.
If it's the shaft: I liked the IM10 shaft and the MMT.
I took a shot at the AD HD anyways.
I ordered on 2/27

If that is true, I'm, cancelling the order. I'll just go get something from Golf Galaxy.
If it's the shaft: I liked the IM10 shaft and the MMT.
I took a shot at the AD HD anyways.
I ordered on 2/27
Order changed to the MMT 60 S.

The AD-HD shaft was the hold up.

Order changed to the MMT 60 S.

The AD-HD shaft was the hold up.

That's a win-win, get a no up-charge shaft, and get the club quicker. I picked up the IM10 60 6.0 and MMT 60 S with my two Epic heads, and look forward to testing them out on the course (hopefully this coming weekend). Both seem nice, but not sure if they'll overtake my incumbent shafts like the Rogue White.

When’s the new ETA?
I forgot to ask. The MMT 60 S is in stock.
I'm expecting a new email at some point.
I told them, it think his name was Seth, to call me back if anything pops up.
I need the head more than anything. My Riptide is going in first with the MMT getting a good shot at it.

That's a win-win, get a no up-charge shaft, and get the club quicker. I picked up the IM10 60 6.0 and MMT 60 S with my two Epic heads, and look forward to testing them out on the course (hopefully this coming weekend). Both seem nice, but not sure if they'll overtake my incumbent shafts like the Rogue White.
You are correct. Normally I would never pay the big up charged shaft like this.
The AD HD is $380 but I was going to get it for $240 through Callaway. My driver plus the 50% upgrade is about $250.
So it was all covered. I am not waiting until June for a club I order on 2/27

I need the head more than anything. My Riptide is going in first with the MMT getting a good shot at it.
MMT is soooo good! I have the 60X and I have hit some absolute bombs with the Max LS/MMT combo!

You are correct. Normally I would never pay the big up charged shaft like this.
The AD HD is $380 but I was going to get it for $240 through Callaway. My driver plus the 50% upgrade is about $250.
So it was all covered. I am not waiting until June for a club I order on 2/27

Trust me, I see the allure of a GD Tour AD shaft, but when you can get "stock" shafts like the Smoke IM10, MMT 60, Smoke Black, Tensei Blue, Rogue White, Evenflow Riptide, etc., you're in good shape anyway. Callaway has that angle covered very nicely IMHO.

Just got the call my custom max ls has shown up, will finally have it in hand this afternoon

I actually hit balls today!!!

I’m also very optimistic about the Max LS after trying it out today. The golf balls are trash and my swing isn’t much better, but I think I’m going to like having this driver around. I gave the toe side a workout and it really doesn’t disappoint.
Love the setup of this driver too.
Thinking it will be a season long battle between this and my TSi2. I like the TSi2 sound by a fair amount but they are both really great options.

And the Ventus black 7S is nice.

Didn’t have much time to fiddle, but will enjoy dialing this driver in for sure!

F36EE283-B462-4165-8E2E-FE9D87FCB8AE.jpeg

I forgot to mention, I loved the MMT so much I just purchased 70x in the fairway shafts to put in my Mavrik Max fwy woods. Should work out great...well, at least I hope lol.

Reactions: MH
I have to say, if your miss is toe side....man, the LS impressed me today with the Ventus in it. I hit some quite a bit out there on the ole toe and was very pleasantly surprised to see the ball on a nice solid flight.

Gonna try some other shafts I have for it. I took off Friday to go to a bit better range and to fiddle some more.

So wife did the whole 'I wonder what comes in a box like this :unsure:' after the doorbell rang, set it by me, and I shrugged it off as no big deal AND waited until she went to bed to open it because #husbandoftheyear :p but now....

20210310_211212.jpg

20210310_212301.jpg20210310_212333.jpg20210310_212431.jpg20210310_212502.jpg

I take back what I said about a little golf break.

Also,
20210310_212138.jpg

I will be carrying 2 drivers again for a little while :D

Back