Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver and Fairways

I struggled a bit with my game today in the cold and having not played in quite some time. This driver though, I hit pretty darn well and I’m going to keep it in the bag for a bit.

I struggled a bit with my game today in the cold and having not played in quite some time. This driver though, I hit pretty darn well and I’m going to keep it in the bag for a bit.
This one is going to be fun to hit. And even more so fun to see team THP hit!

Yea, I am looking forward to checking this driver out vs the soon to be driver. Should be a fun comparison

Yea, I am looking forward to checking this driver out vs the soon to be driver. Should be a fun comparison
Definitely sounds like fun to try them head-to-head!

Let me think about it... I thought about it .. and no

Excited to give this GBB some action @ ECPC in a few short weeks!

This one is going to be fun to hit. And even more so fun to see team THP hit!
It won’t be for everybody as it’s a pretty targeted club, but it sounds fantastic and if you struggle with some left to right (RH) it could be perfect

I can’t recall that head well enough to compare. But they nailed the sound.
I agree. First round with 3 wood today. Very muted but satisfying contact. Light. Chunked a couple but hit 2 that were 10 yards farther than Ping G425SFT have been going. Beautiful club.

@mancest i believe you picked one of the 3woods up recently. How's that going for you?

I played with it on new years day.... hit it 4 times, not one of them I would consider a decent swing. Today, I hit it twice, 1 terrible swing that sent a high block to the hazard, and another a bullet that went about 225.

With a good swing it is a monster. just wants to launch high in the air and go.

Need to get my swing in a better place, but I think it can be what I need in my bag after driver.

How does the lighter grip affect the overall light feel of the club? Is it a drastic difference?

How does the lighter grip affect the overall light feel of the club? Is it a drastic difference?

I did not go with the stock grip, I put on a Lamkin sonar.

I did not go with the stock grip, I put on a Lamkin sonar.
A heavier grip would make the swing weight lighter, was it that noticeable?

A heavier grip would make the swing weight lighter, was it that noticeable?

actually it would make the swing weight lighter (more weight on the grip lowers swing weight, more weight in the head raises swing weight). But I got it from Callaway with the sonar on it, so I didn't swing it without. No issue for me to swing it as is.

JB are you using the stock grip or a normal weighted one? How did it affect the swing weight of the club either way?

PSA - Golf Galaxy has the B21 listed for $299 currently, a full $200 less than the original price tag. Still an amazing driver. I’m tempted to buy a 2nd one for when my current one is too beat up to use, lol…

Drivers are showing up on CPO for $400.00 Like New Condition.
Wonder how close this is to the TSR1?

Well, took a 30 day Performance Guarantee flyer on a 12* Great Big Bertha Driver with an upgraded UST Helium Nanocore Black 50 Stiff shaft.
It was $10 more to get a new one vs CPO.
Also got a Flat COG to keep it going left.
Let's see if I can get some dispersion consistency.

Received my GGB Driver yesterday however it did not come with the correct COG.
I specifically order it with a Flat COG (Red Line) and what makes these driver unique is that the different COG's are options off the website.
Even the paperwork that Callaway sent me with the club makes no mention of the Flat COG even though it's on the order specs.
So I took a photo of the club showing the standard COG and that little trifold Callaway Customs includes with a custom order
Sent it to my guy at CPO that I order it from. He agreed it was not correct and he was sending that email to someone above him.
I mean, who's doing the QC'ing?

I told my rep that to be honest, all I needed was a new shaft with correct COG and same grip.
No need to be sending club heads all over the place - nothing wrong with the Driver Head
I'm supposed to hear today what the resolution will be.
In the meantime, I was told that I could use the driver, so I will.

To me, it looks like it has a little bit of a closed face so that Flat COG will become even more important and I'm a natural draw hitter.
The color of the head makes it look bigger, like it's not trying to hide the fact it's "Husky"
I'd guess it's done to make the driver look "Forgiving" and easy to hit.

Back