Any more questions on the JAWS Raw? My black 56W still has not rusted at all.

Full disclosure I have also not been able to play because of travel very recently so it is sitting in my bag but I'm itching to get back out there hopefully next week.

And they come out lower too! It took a little time to adjust for me. How about for you?
I wanted to give this a few trips to the course before making any "too sudden" statements. The 58 z grind has surprised me with the amount of spin it generates, even on chips. I've hit several chips exactly where I wanted to land them only to see them check up instead of releasing. I believe the Full Toe wedges were giving me more rollout (possibly because of the extra weight higher) but in any case I'm quickly figuring these out. On full swings these seem to be very spinny and about a half club shorter in distance than my full toe. Once again, that could be more me and my delivery but one difference is that I have the tour s400 in my full toe wedges and the s300 in the 58 z grind. I'll likely do the internet golfer thing and throw in a s400 to see if that changes anything. I will say that I can hit some crazy flop shots with the 58z. Even with range balls I can throw them high and get them to spin back. The spin is consistent but these might be the highest spinning wedges I've played. I am excited to get better at judging this as the added spin on my chips can help me get them closer once I throw them farther and trust it.

I can't decide if it hasn't rusted or it's just harder to see on mine. The grooves look dirty no matter what I do, so guessing there's a bit of rust in there. No worries either way as long as they keep performing!

Regripped these this week (with some boring MCCs, I hate you supply chain), so it's official. Think the Edels are going to be up on the marketplace soon.

Full disclosure I have also not been able to play because of travel very recently so it is sitting in my bag but I'm itching to get back out there hopefully next week.
My 54 has not rusty either.
I've gotten to the point that I don't know what more I can say about this wedge.
It's as close to a "Point and Shoot" wedge has I have ever had.
85 yards and in, I'm wedging it close and giving myself a chance at a 1 putt.

Last edited:
I can't decide if it hasn't rusted or it's just harder to see on mine. The grooves look dirty no matter what I do, so guessing there's a bit of rust in there. No worries either way as long as they keep performing!

Regripped these this week (with some boring MCCs, I hate you supply chain), so it's official. Think the Edels are going to be up on the marketplace soon.
Believe me, when it actually rusts, you will know.

I’ve really liked them greenside, but I have had a few terrible shots from outside of 50 yards with the 56°. Missiles that go way over the green.

Not sure why, don’t remember doing this with my other wedges. Maybe shaft or grind or I just need to go to the range and practice.

I have my season final match this Saturday not sure if these will be in the bag.

I haven't played much at all lately but this wedge has been my favorite club in the bag my last few times out. I'm getting tempted to replace my set gap wedge with one because of how much I love my 52*.

So, THP.....

Show of hands.... Who enjoys walking up to their ball and knows that the right club to use is the JAWS Raw wedge? Just because they are looking forward to using the wedge and knows what the result will be...

To be honest I'm really enjoying the clubs in my bag, but if I'm honest I smile just a little bit more when I know it's time to use the 58* Z!

Mine has defintely rusted, but I clean it gently to remove the rust.

**CHIP IN ALERT!**
Nice little chip today with the 54° RAW wedge
1663541339718.png
Had a great weekend with the 54° Lots of Gimme 1 puts because I chipped so close. I’m to the point that I’m only using my FT for sand shots or where I need to put it up high.
Couldn’t be happier with this wedge.

Last edited:
Okay I promised some videos of chipping. These are 24' from the hole with the 58Z.

1. Taking loft off club to have it run a little
2. Standard chip
3 & 4 are flops. The number 3 one wasn't all that great but number 4 was awesome (for me at least)

Our 9y/o wanted to show off his skills on the same 24' chip with the 58 Z!. He did great!

Last edited:
Okay I promised some videos of chipping. These are 24' from the hole with the 58Z.

1. Taking loft off club to have it run a little
2. Standard chip
3 & 4 are flops. The number 3 one wasn't all that great but number 4 was awesome (for me at least)

I can say, before the 58 Z I wouldn't have ever attempted a flop shot like that during a round, maybe to be silly or practice. It's not a high percentage make for me. The Z grind makes that easier...

Our 9y/o wanted to show off his skills on the same 24' chip with the 58 Z!. He did great!

Look at the kid with the crispy touch on 5 straight!

Yep, he was doing that all night around the green from about 24' to about 25 yds. He's getting a 58 Z with a shaft that matches the rest of his clubs!

He also said he wanted THP to see how easy it is to use these wedges since he's 9 and it was his first time using them.

He said that he likes these better than his existing sand wedge around the green because he can hit the ball up in the air a lot easier, it stops better and is easy to line up.

@JB are you still enjoying the 60Z bent to 62*? Probably placing my order this week or next for 3 new wedges including the 60Z bent to 62*

Any questions the community might have on the Chrome 58 Z grind?!

@JonD are you playing the MMT scoring wedge shafts?

Back