Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Got this out on the course for the first time today. Results were good. This is primarily a sand wedge for me, or other shots where my chipper just won't quite work. I'm a fan of this club. I'm not playing a ton of fancy shots but this club just performs consistently. Unless I screw it up...

I was debating a sure out wedge and I may still pick one up but this is in my bag for the next couple of months at least.

When I picked up my driver at Ace of Clubs I talked to Frank about the wedges. Ended up leaving them with him to put in the modus 105 wedge version so the weights would be closer tobmy Pings and ball flight will come down. He said when come back we can see if I need the loft adjusted.

Can't wait...making a great wedge even better!!

Just added a 58 because I love the 64 so much. The 64 is mostly used for 50-60 yard pitches and short sided green side shots. I envision the 58 to be more versatile near the green. Only question is now what wedge to fill between the PW (47) and the 58.

Played 9 holes with my 60* yesterday. It's looking like this might be my favorite wedge ever. I've had a 60* in the bag for a long time, and had up to a 68* in the bag. I like the higher lofts for the ease of keeping the ball close to the landing area. I'm not a high spin player so the ability to keep the ball from rolling out 40' past the hole is nice. As such I've learned to execute a pretty tolerable flop shot.

This club is just easy to hit. Out of the bunker, way below the green, on the other side of a hazard, in 3 rounds with it I think I've chunked two or three shots. Opening the face up is something I've always had a bit of trouble with, and I'm able to do it with this club very easily and not skull the shot clear across the green. It's just a fun club to have in the bag.

Played 4 rounds with the 56 and 60, amazing wedges. Can hit any shot with them, great feel, right amount of spin. Excellent wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play the first round with my 60* PM and it's just as good as the 56. Best wedge out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I got the 56/60 before my vacation. The wedges were so easy to hit out of any lie, and really great from tight lies. The 60 is like cheating out of the sand.

I had the 60 back out yesterday as a 15th club in the bag and forgot how fun it is, interestingly though I just can't spin it like I can the RTX3 60*, if I could, holy cow it'd still be in the bag.

My 60 has saved me more and more, love them both (56&60)

I hit a shot with this today that ensured it's going to be in my bag for a bit. 65 yards out and just a nice easy full swing and it drops down and rolls about two feet. Just an easy club to hit. Plus the waaaay up high and drop shots look super cool.

First round out for with 60 yesterday, I'm not used to hitting a (full swing) 75 yard lob wedge. Now I want to mess around with a 64.

First round out for with 60 yesterday, I'm not used to hitting a (full swing) 75 yard lob wedge. Now I want to mess around with a 64.

It's fun huh?

Check out the Sure Out thread for a 64* wedge idea.

I'm absolutely in love with my 58* pm grind. I'm about to drop a hybrid and get a 64* pm to go with it. Full shots with the 58 are stupid easy (for my swing) and it's almost impossible to not get it out of a bunker

double post

Any insight on when a new PM Grind is going to come out? I might just pick up another 56/60* just to have. I absolutely love these.

Any insight on when a new PM Grind is going to come out? I might just pick up another 56/60* just to have. I absolutely love these.

I hope they either come out with a new pm grind or never discontinue this one. If I hear a hint of them being discontinued I'm gonna buy a few in each loft I use. Love this wedge

My 58* PM was a workhorse yesterday. Time and time again I found myself with delicate chip shots or that tweener distance and each time it came through with results as I expected.

Every time I ponder getting rid of my 60˚, it reminds me why I keep it in the bag. Played horridly yesterday, but had two spots where I had to hit the ball high and have it stop for a short pin. Was able to slide the PM60 under neatly on both to give myself some chances at par (at least I made one of them). First one I actually missed out to the toe a bit but really didn't pay a penalty for that with the extended grooves. This wedge stays for sure. It doesn't spin as much as my RTX-3s, but it provides such a great option for tricky shots around the green. I don't use it nearly as much as my 50 & 54, but it's nice having it there for when I do need it.

Anyone not getting the distances they're used to on full shots? They're great for chips, bunker shots and pitches but the 56 and 60 come up noticeably shorter than my Jaws series of wedges. I love the look and versatility but the full swing yardages have been inconsistent. I've ordered a 54 and 60 Forged Mac Daddy wedges to see if it's the wedges or me. Should have them in a week or two.

GM, I find the PM grind to be 'heavy headed' compared to some I've owned but my most lofted wedge is my 56* PM grind SW and it does everything I want it to. But I'm not one who ever needed to know or hit my full shot SW distance, (my guess would be I'd get around 90 yards on full swings?). Usually I'm going to pull a different wedge over say 75 or 80 yards and play a smoother more controlled shot 99% of the time.

My full swing 56 is my 90 yard club which is right in line with other wedges I have used with the same loft.

full swing with my 54* goes about 75-80, 58* goes 65 have played for two seasons now and havent noticed any loss. Though, some of the "magic" with my 58* seems to have faded into a more consistent game. What I mean is I havent had any chip in shots this season while last year I had several chip ins with my 58* but I am consistently hitting good chips instead of one amazing chip and one horrible chip.

Anyone not getting the distances they're used to on full shots? They're great for chips, bunker shots and pitches but the 56 and 60 come up noticeably shorter than my Jaws series of wedges. I love the look and versatility but the full swing yardages have been inconsistent. I've ordered a 54 and 60 Forged Mac Daddy wedges to see if it's the wedges or me. Should have them in a week or two.

They've got a super high CG - I find if I don't really take a divot and compress the ball, I don't get as much distance as I do with my RTX3 on a full swing. The MD3 is a better full swing wedge.

Mine are consistent with any other non set wedge. My full swing 56° is 105-110 and my 60° is 90-95.

This is what I've seen with the LW and is the reason I went RTX in the 54 (was a MD3 54W before that). Still love it around the green and out of bunkers though which keeps it in the bag. It's also nice to have grind options as sometimes the PM sets up better for me when I'm looking at a bare or buried lie. Hard to explain but I definitely try to take both with the green so I have options.

Back