Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Callaway Golf to discuss the new PM Grind wedges.

Sounds very intriguing with no downside

What an interesting design. I'm curious as to the colors filled dots on the outside, is that just weighting, purpose or fun design element? Can't wait to see it in hand and give it a swing.

What an interesting design. I'm curious as to the colors filled dots on the outside, is that just weighting, purpose or fun design element? Can't wait to see it in hand and give it a swing.

From what it looked like to me, it looks like weight porting.

Not shocked a Phil wedge is toe high. He played the Eye 2 wedges as long as possible.

Love the looks and the design of the PM MD wedge. I really look forward to giving a try.

Expectations - a terrible thing to have when you are a high handicap player.

I'm just incredibly indifferent to this one, of course I want to try it, but man...

I wasn't always crazy about the Eye2 wedges, so I shouldn't be all that excited about this; however, it does have green dots, so......

Just want to know what lofts this will be offered in.

I'm just incredibly indifferent to this one, of course I want to try it, but man...

Supposed to be pretty easy to hit, and great results around the greens with mishits since you'll still be able to get spin on it.

The high toe look does take some getting used to though.

chipping made eas-ier....yes please

sucks we gotta wait til May

Definitely a wedge that is mixing it up. I'm intrigued. And I'm glad to hear I hit my wedges better than Gary Woodland. :alien:

I like the looks of these wedges. Some to consider this spring.

Yup, I'm sold (not a hard sell)
Forgiveness in a wedge....sign me up!

I figure it can't hurt my scores, heck might even help them out!
Might have to tip this baby, maybe even a hard step.....

I'm pretty sure we just saw Josh say that Gary Woodland is an average golfer. I think it's time for me to quit the game.

Interesting, but not for me. It looks like a pancake at the end of a stick to me... Glad they could do this for Phil to get the Ping out of his bag.

Supposed to be pretty easy to hit, and great results around the greens with mishits since you'll still be able to get spin on it.

The high toe look does take some getting used to though.

Is it really that big?

Huh, not really sure how I feel about this look. If it's something that may help with my wedge game on mishits I'm up for trying it. Guess like some said it might just take some getting used to

Is it really that big?

To me, it reminded me a lot of the eye two wedge. Compared to looking at the traditional teardrop wedge my entire golfing career, it was noticeably different to my eye. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good or bad thing, it was just different.

At address and even 90° open, it looks just fine. The primary focus for me like with any club is looking at the ball/leading edge not the top of the club.

Cool video and interesting to see the grooves all the way to the toe. The MDs have been my second wedge option if I went away from Cleveland

Loved phils Macdaddy 2 u grind. As a player who likes to open the face this one interests me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the shape of the wedge is fine and I like the weight ports(?) on the back. I'm interested in seeing what loft/bounce combinations are offered.

They certainly aren't the first to have grooves extend all the way to the toe, but the design seems to make sense.

I'm not a fan of the looks, but I think it's interesting. Can I get one with grooves that extend into the hosel as well (just in case).

Whoa - looks like a custom SC got run over by a steamroller!
I am VERY intrigued with this wedge - not sure I can wait until May, tho. Might need to add this to the bag after I destroy a few other wedges.

Back