Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

i hit a handful of drives on trackman with the callaway rep yesterday using my mav max 10.5 at -1N with my thce16 shaft. the first strike registered very strange. it was high toe, but spin was around 3,100. the next strike was pretty centered, and spin dropped to 2,300 with a 0 aoa and neutral path, 260 carry 285 total, 101 ss, smash 1.54 (lol). i hit the next couple on the bottom as aoa increased but i was hanging back too far, and spin obviously kicked up. but out of the middle, the max is not spinny for me. in fact, it's arguably better than perfect.

i hit a handful of drives on trackman with the callaway rep yesterday using my mav max 10.5 at -1N with my thce16 shaft. the first strike registered very strange. it was high toe, but spin was around 3,100. the next strike was pretty centered, and spin dropped to 2,300 with a 0 aoa and neutral path, 260 carry 285 total, 101 ss, smash 1.54 (lol). i hit the next couple on the bottom as aoa increased but i was hanging back too far, and spin obviously kicked up. but out of the middle, the max is not spinny for me. in fact, it's arguably better than perfect.

I see something very similar to you. A tad bit higher spin wise, but not much.

I see something very similar to you. A tad bit higher spin wise, but not much.

the rep said something i wholeheartedly agree with: the mav max is the driver not enough people are hitting.

I had a rotten day from the tee last Saturday afternoon. I had a two way miss and it was laughably bad. I played again on Monday morning and man what a difference, I was much better with the Mavrik and just pounded my normal course into submission on the way to a 78. I did nothing in between those two rounds, no thoughts, no practice. I did not even warm up before Mondays round and it was one of my best driving days of the year. It all comes down to confidence. I do not have confidence in my swing from round to round but I know without a doubt that my driver fits me perfectly and there is only one thing causing my bad shots and its me.

Driver swing still isn't as good as I want it to be, but the std. Mav is plenty good for my game. Still tinkering with the B21, but so far it hasn't managed to knock the Mavrik out, even with me having more of a right miss than I usually do. Going to try the Riptide again next time out to the range. I've been playing the OG HZRDUS Yellow in it pretty much since I bought it.

I'm going to get my hands on some new new again later, so I better come in here and get my head right before I do. I had let off a little my last couple rounds at home, but had to play one round here fairly long and accurate and one just crazy freaking long and accurate. Checked the stats.

Sub Zero: 80% for my last 100 at 297 avg (294 median) with zero penalties.

There is no better driver, there is no better driver, there is no better driver...

I need to get that tattooed somewhere I see it.

Last edited:
I'm going to get my hands on some new new again later, so I better come in here and get my head right before I do. I had let off a little my last couple rounds at home, but had to play one round here failry long and accurate and one just crazy freaking long and accurate. Checked the stats.

There is no better driver, there is no better driver, there is no better driver...

you're gaming a driver that is giving a higher percentage and basically spot on average as a pga tour player. so you're correct: for you, there is NO BETTER DRIVER.

those stats are pretty damn amazing, dude.

you're gaming a driver that is giving a higher percentage and basically spot on average as a pga tour player. so you're correct: for you, there is NO BETTER DRIVER.

those stats are pretty damn amazing, dude.
I know. The way I've flipped that club compared to last year still kind of blows my mind. I never really thought it would be an asset for me, and I see that it is more every round lately.

I'm going to get my hands on some new new again later, so I better come in here and get my head right before I do. I had let off a little my last couple rounds at home, but had to play one round here fairly long and accurate and one just crazy freaking long and accurate. Checked the stats.

Are. You. Kidding Me.

I am not going to post how many I drives I can hit between zero penalties 🤡 .... nevermind the % or distance.

Are. You. Kidding Me.

I am not going to post how many I drives I can hit between zero penalties 🤡 .... nevermind the % or distance.
Oh don't worry, it's not error free. When I looked at the shot chart I was like 'I swear I've lost a couple way left, why don't I see them?'. And then I realized whacking them directly into trees keeps them from going much further that direction. :LOL:

Does the Cyclone Aero Shape in the MAVRIK standard really enhance aerodynamics to reduce drag for more speed?

Does the Cyclone Aero Shape in the MAVRIK standard really enhance aerodynamics to reduce drag for more speed?
I saw the presentation of the cyclone shape during the Grandaddy and believe the testing they did to be accurate. I was using a trackman for weekly lessons leading up to the event so I knew my swing speed numbers pretty well. I saw a real 1-3 mph increase in my swing speed after switching to The Std. Mavrik. I go back on the trackman every once in a while and the gains are still evident.

the rep said something i wholeheartedly agree with: the mav max is the driver not enough people are hitting.

I have the Max three wood and it’s a beast. I do regret not giving the driver a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow I’m headed to GT to test out the Max and original Mav. Excited to see what numbers come of this this could end up being in my bag by weeks end

When I had my fitting the standard head gave me the highest club head and ball speed. It also gave me the best numbers overall - by far.

A couple of range sessions lately and I continue to like what I see out of the Max. I need to get on a monitor to check out the spin, but paired with my PX THCE it's hitting the launch window I need and honestly I don't want to know the spin numbers. I'm hitting carry distances and it's not ballooning on me, that tells me all I need to know.

I have a round tomorrow morning and I am going to track all my drives and see if I can average out carry distance and see if it's where my eyes tell me I am based on the yardage for second shots I have been seeing.

best driving day i've had yet with the mav max today. i played a course that has routinely been very difficult for me. i made a few shaky swings, the worst of which were coming down the stretch with a good score in my sights, but the standouts were on a few holes that have my number on this course. one is a long par 4 that doglegs around a lake running down the left side of the hole. i hit a perfect push draw off the right that ended up in a perfect spot, leaving a short iron in where usually i have a long iron. there are also a couple holes that you can only hit driver if you hit it over trees, and high launch is not usually in my wheelhouse. for whatever reason i just felt confident in that today, and pulled off those drives perfectly. i'm loving this mav max.

best driving day i've had yet with the mav max today. i played a course that has routinely been very difficult for me. i made a few shaky swings, the worst of which were coming down the stretch with a good score in my sights, but the standouts were on a few holes that have my number on this course. one is a long par 4 that doglegs around a lake running down the left side of the hole. i hit a perfect push draw off the right that ended up in a perfect spot, leaving a short iron in where usually i have a long iron. there are also a couple holes that you can only hit driver if you hit it over trees, and high launch is not usually in my wheelhouse. for whatever reason i just felt confident in that today, and pulled off those drives perfectly. i'm loving this mav max.
Good hearing you coming into your own with this driver. (y)

This driver with the rogue white continues to impress. 4/5 fairways tonight, with the miss being about 10 feet off. Such a confidence booster that even my miss-hits are playable.

This driver with the rogue white continues to impress. 4/5 fairways tonight, with the miss being about 10 feet off. Such a confidence booster that even my miss-hits are playable.
It is amazing the forgiveness in the driver across the face.

I'm a big fan of this combo myself!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Same combo for me and it’s been an absolute game changer In L-R dispersion.
I’m playing a 10.5 degree at standard loft, Draw bias, and Heavy weight back. launch and flight are a little high for me sometimes, though I can control it somewhat if I try, but it’s one more thing I’d like to not have to think about.

Haven’t messed with adjusting loft to -1 since my understanding is that opens the face as well (unless Callaway has figured out loft/angle independently with the dual cog system?) and my previous usual miss was a push slice so no matter what I want to maximize that draw bias.

Same combo for me and it’s been an absolute game changer In L-R dispersion.
I’m playing a 10.5 degree at standard loft, Draw bias, and Heavy weight back. launch and flight are a little high for me sometimes, though I can control it somewhat if I try, but it’s one more thing I’d like to not have to think about.

Haven’t messed with adjusting loft to -1 since my understanding is that opens the face as well (unless Callaway has figured out loft/angle independently with the dual cog system?) and my previous usual miss was a push slice so no matter what I want to maximize that draw bias.

Are we talking the Max?

I like the look of a closed face so I always add a degree to the loft for that effect. I have the standard Mavrik after playing the SZ versions of the precious drivers. I added the Project X Even Flow White to bring the flight down and it’s everything I hoped. High ball flight for maximum carry but penetrating enough it gets roll now.

Are we talking the Max?

I like the look of a closed face so I always add a degree to the loft for that effect. I have the standard Mavrik after playing the SZ versions of the precious drivers. I added the Project X Even Flow White to bring the flight down and it’s everything I hoped. High ball flight for maximum carry but penetrating enough it gets roll now.

Yes, Mavrik Max.

Back