Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I set the loft at 8* draw and found another gear this morning, played a course I know very well and saw places on three holes I have never been. Had 200 or less into 2 of the par 5s today and got on both in 3 with the super hybrids. Birdied both but at least had eagle looks.

That's awesome!

Standard 10.5 Degree with the Riptide 50 in Stiff and playing at 45' is on the way. A cool $15 after trade ins. Will give the Riptide a shot at least before I likely order my Helium.

Wicked deal.

Standard 10.5 Degree with the Riptide 50 in Stiff and playing at 45' is on the way. A cool $15 after trade ins. Will give the Riptide a shot at least before I likely order my Helium.

Just wondering if you have to go stiffer when choosing 60g shaft?
I have this impression that lighter shaft plays softer compare to 65g in same flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if you have to go stiffer when choosing 60g shaft?
I have this impression that lighter shaft plays softer compare to 65g in same flex.

I don't think that is true with the Riptide shaft. I have the 60 in Regular flex and driver is 95-98. No issues with it.

I don't think that is true with the Riptide shaft. I have the 60 in Regular flex and driver is 95-98. No issues with it.
The RT is all there, deceivingly so with its torque rating.

I had a Mavrik in hand. Decided to upgrade to Custom. Now I just wish I didn't have to wait 3 weeks.
Good thing my Epic Flash SZ is still a BEAST!

I had a Mavrik in hand. Decided to upgrade to Custom. Now I just wish I didn't have to wait 3 weeks.
Good thing my Epic Flash SZ is still a BEAST!

Oops I meant to ask is 50g feels softer compare to 60g shaft in same flex.

Watched the TXG video last night comparing my Epic Flash SZ vs. Mavrik SZ..... my wallet liked the outcome. Now I can with a clear conscience go test some 3/5 woods. Good watch.

I have one of each, both in regular flex. I’ll spend more time with each in the coming days to test if the 50g is noticeably softer. But my gut says no.

I was swinging in the 93-94 range at the ECPC and was fit into the 50r. I am back swinging in the 96-98 range, and the 50r has held up very well.

I was pretty shocked by the spin numbers the other day in the max.

@Jman for the max, could I ask was your shaft a low spin shaft hence you got those numbers?

@Jman for the max, could I ask was your shaft a low spin shaft hence you got those numbers?
Riptide is classified as mid/mid, it’s never played that way to me though.

This isn’t just a case of a shaft though, this is a driver head thing imo. Will everyone who tried it be that low? Heck no, but it’s not a mid or high spin head as some are assuming.

The 10.5 standard head with the Riptide shaft has been low spin for me as well. 2200-2600 rpm and I have a negative attack angle that usually creates 3500+ spin rate. It launches perfectly in the 12-14 degree range.

Riptide is classified as mid/mid, it’s never played that way to me though.

This isn’t just a case of a shaft though, this is a driver head thing imo. Will everyone who tried it be that low? Heck no, but it’s not a mid or high spin head as some are assuming.

Which riptide did you use? I wonder if it due to the weight and flex that gives it a lower spin as well. Could a 50/60g regular riptide 5.5 produce such results?

Hoping to test these and the Sim line next week in Myrtle beach. Looking forward to it. Also hoping to interview a 4 wood. Will likely buy a fw next week and save the driver purchase for some trade ins.

Which riptide did you use? I wonder if it due to the weight and flex that gives it a lower spin as well. Could a 50/60g regular riptide 5.5 produce such results?

Swing matters more than anything. Fit is key, as always.

I’ve seen great numbers with a 50 6.0 and a 60 6.5. Shaft is important, but even then you’re not talking as many RPM as some seem to think or expect.

It won’t take 3 weeks ?
I agree. Mine was just a regular Max head but some custom shaft work and it showed backorder 2-3 weeks. I think it took just over a week including a couple days stuck in customs.

I hit both the 50 and 60 in stiff yesterday in the Riptide. Did not find them to play differently at all other than one being 10g heavier. The 50 Stiff is still extremely stable. I find these shafts to definitely play true to flex if not even a little on the firmer side. Just my opinion.

This was pretty cool. I listened to the Podcast this morning. @DNevsCG setup this fitting between all 3 drivers with him, @TylerSheanCG, and Nate being fit by Gerritt Pon.

They hit all 3 drivers and let's just say DNevs has a new driver in the bag haha. Interesting conversation here about each model.

Absolutely crushed my MAV SZ on the sim today. Out about golf machines are juiced about 15 yards but average carry was 310. If I see 290 carry outside I will be thrilled!

Watched the TXG video last night comparing my Epic Flash SZ vs. Mavrik SZ..... my wallet liked the outcome. Now I can with a clear conscience go test some 3/5 woods. Good watch.

it’s a good video for matt. few of us swing like matt, though. i still think it warrants a test because this one is all about improving sound and performance AWAY from center.

This was pretty cool. I listened to the Podcast this morning. @DNevsCG setup this fitting between all 3 drivers with him, @TylerSheanCG, and Nate being fit by Gerritt Pon.

They hit all 3 drivers and let's just say DNevs has a new driver in the bag haha. Interesting conversation here about each model.

This was a great podcast. Listened to it on the train yesterday. Loved to hear @DNevsCG’s results.

Took bunch of trades to Roger Dunns.
Walked out with Mavrik Max 10.5 RP 60g in stiff and 5h.
I was surprise 60g stiff gave me beat results. I went in and looking at only regular but when I try stiff shaft it felt just right.

Launching at 14*
Ball Speed at 134
Spin at 2200-2300.
Only driver that carry more than 220-230.
Can’t wait to take it to course.

I don’t expect to drive 250(after roll) but I just want to be close as possible.

Oh yeah it cost me $11.23 out of the pocket. lol

7c5de26c6a6adae66f56ff7e48eb3127.jpg

Back