Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

That came out really well done.

Just got back from a fitting with a Callaway guy and I was so impressed with the results of my fitting...I picked up between 15 to 20 yards with the Mavrik vs my Ping G400...walked out of the store with a 10.5 SubZero regular shaft I will be gaming it on Monday to see if the distance gain is there on my regular golf course vs the monitor at Dunn...

Just got back from a fitting with a Callaway guy and I was so impressed with the results of my fitting...I picked up between 15 to 20 yards with the Mavrik vs my Ping G400...walked out of the store with a 10.5 SubZero regular shaft I will be gaming it on Monday to see if the distance gain is there on my regular golf course vs the monitor at Dunn...

wow that's quite a gain! I wonder if the LST would have been closer to the Mav SZ since I seem to recall the g400 being more mid-spin than low spin. but those extra yards are going to make the game a lot of fun!

I took my G410 lst with me to compare against the Mavrik. I was all set on ordering the Mavrik yesterday after I hit it and I did hit well again today. However my Ping showed me that it can hold its own, ball speed was a couple mph faster and spin was very similar in the 2100 - 2400 rpm range. Launch with the Ping was between 12* - 14* with the Mavrik being slightly higher. Granted the shafts were not the same and the Mavrik was also 1/2” longer but I don’t think I will be buying a new driver for a bit. The Mavrik is an excellent driver and part of me is disappointedly that I couldn’t justify spending $650 for some odd reason but for me right now the 410 lst is staying in my bag.

While I finally left the house for the 1st time this week and went to Dick's, they have some demo's and I gave them a go. It was better, I checked the SIM and it was set on 0 altitude and no wind so as good as it will get.

Tried the reg with riptide 6.0 60 and it felt good but right as right can be with spin in the 3,000's but 92-94 CS 19* launch.

Switched to the Sub zero 9.0 with msi 60S, same CS spin down below 3,000 same launch

Switched to the 10.5 SZ with msi 70x spin down 2,400-2,600 CS 91-93 slightly lower launch ball speed mid 130's straight to slight left. So better than I saw the other day, still not crazy long but that's me not the club.

For giggles they had a TM SIM with a 60 ventus blue and I was shocked to see the CS drop to 88-90 right away, so that tells me there is something to the headshape stuff on the Mavrik.

Going back tomorrow with mine to see the numbers on that SIM and and try my shaft in the 10.5 SZ, I have bought a lot of golf balls and grips off the guy there so he said i could take all the time I want and switch things around.....I may olny still carry the ball 215 - 220 yds but if the spin is down I might get some roll and downwind is always fun as high as I hit it.

Anybody using a SZ with a Riptide 60 5.5 shaft? This is what I'm at least looking at. Be interested in anybody else's point of view.

Last edited:
I went 9* std with Aldila rogue 130. The sound and feel are 10x better than the Epic flash. I dumped the Epic after one round and temporary deafness.

I took my G410 lst with me to compare against the Mavrik. I was all set on ordering the Mavrik yesterday after I hit it and I did hit well again today. However my Ping showed me that it can hold its own, ball speed was a couple mph faster and spin was very similar in the 2100 - 2400 rpm range. Launch with the Ping was between 12* - 14* with the Mavrik being slightly higher. Granted the shafts were not the same and the Mavrik was also 1/2” longer but I don’t think I will be buying a new driver for a bit. The Mavrik is an excellent driver and part of me is disappointedly that I couldn’t justify spending $650 for some odd reason but for me right now the 410 lst is staying in my bag.
I can’t wait to put the Mav against my 410 LST as well. That driver is a worthy foe.

Just curious, those of you that have nice new Calloway customs. Are you now the proud owner of 2 Mavrik drivers or were you able to send it off to get the work done?

Two ?. When one gets wonky, it’ll sit in timeout. ;)

Ordered through Callaway customs. Added a stiff flex Riptide shaft too just in case I add speed this offseason.

Two ?. When one gets wonky, it’ll sit in timeout. ;)

Ordered through Callaway customs. Added a stiff flex Riptide shaft too just in case I add speed this offseason.
I can appreciate that. Good to have options. You and @HarryPotter did a nice job with them!

Back