Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Just got to see these in store. SZ is a beauty.

TBH though, I have a good few backup fw shafts tipped for a TM, so I’m leaning in that direction me thinks.

TBH though, I have a good few backup fw shafts tipped for a TM, so I’m leaning in that direction me thinks.
I haven't seen the SIM line in person. To me it looks like the SZ fairway is a great deal smaller to the eye?

Take the time to try it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

3w shipped. Arriving Tuesday.
Correction: 5w

Last edited:
I thought that the FW & Hybrids were the low key MVP of the Rogue line and from the feedback in this thread ... It looks like that might be the case with the Mavrik line... Looking forward to hitting them.

I thought that the FW & Hybrids were the low key MVP of the Rogue line and from the feedback in this thread ... It looks like that might be the case with the Mavrik line... Looking forward to hitting them.

i really liked my rogue 5w except for the wild lefts i would get from time to time. but this mav max 5w is just bonkers.

i really liked my rogue 5w except for the wild lefts i would get from time to time. but this mav max 5w is just bonkers.
Ask @OITW I get wild left all the time too... lol

I don’t have a hybrid in the bag, but the FWs are nuts. Driver is really really good too.

I haven't seen the SIM line in person. To me it looks like the SZ fairway is a great deal smaller to the eye?
Yes, I believe you are right. I tend to play a 5 wood turned down a bit as my only fw and the TM looks great. I dont typically play a 3 wood because my home track doesnt require one and I do struggle a bit to launch low lofted fws.
I have no horses in this race and don't plan to make any purchase without trying all options. My only bias towards the TM is my backup shaft selection, the adjustability and I did own an M5 and really enjoyed it. The Mavrik SZ looks incredible and the Aldila 130 option In the 4 wood is whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

Yes, I believe you are right. I tend to play a 5 wood turned down a bit as my only fw and the TM looks great. I dont typically play a 3 wood because my home track doesnt require one and I do struggle a bit to launch low lofted fws.
I have no horses in this race and don't plan to make any purchase without trying all options. My only bias towards the TM is my backup shaft selection, the adjustability and I did own an M5 and really enjoyed it. The Mavrik SZ looks incredible and the Aldila 130 option In the 4 wood is whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

if you want some extra loft, you gotta try the max. at your speed i'm not sure the stock riptide would make sense for you, but a fitting cart should be able to find the best option. maybe ventus blue. I know some of our faster swingers got fit into ventus and they're loving it.

So no lefts with the Mavrik? Minimized to the point where it’s absolutely a beast?

Ask @OITW I get wild left all the time too... lol

:LOL: Your cure for that is saying you don’t fade it, then you hit 5 fades in a row;)

I could just leave the driver in the bag and tee off with the 3+ every time and not have an issue.

Man, I was a hooker in Vegas with the Rogue fairways.

So no lefts with the Mavrik? Minimized to the point where it’s absolutely a beast?

it’s the anti left club that the super hybrid is, but in play i don’t recall a single well struck shot that has hooked off the planet like rogue was prone to do

Love that the Mavrik fw Aldila option comes in 70g and 80g flavors. The 80g is super enticing.

So. Thoughts?

Let’s go MAVRIK hybrid first, shall we?

1) Setup - I have the standard in for review of the hybrids and while I’m most curious about the Pro and the return of the X2hot face shape, this one is exciting because I also reviewed the Flash in the 4h for the homepage (shameless plug, check it out :p). Mine is paired with the catalyst 75 in 6.0.

2) Looks - It’s a nice overall shape if you’re a square toe Callaway fan, it’s what we have come to expect from them in hybrids honestly. Little deeper front to back, but not crazy big. Does set up neutral to ever so slightly closed to my eye. It’s a simple look here, jailbreak and carbon is there, but it’s a straight forward aesthetic really. No HC so I can’t comment there.

3) Flight and Distance - This, I hit well my couple days before vacay. High and long, maybe as long as the Flash was for me which was frankly bordering on stupid. While the distance monster hybrids aren’t my preference in the bag, I can admit no one is putting up the distance in hybos that Callaway is. By eye test, flight is definitely above my 30y preference, and easily so. Versatility to be determined but it elevated well off the deck too. Miss was left, but, small sample so I’ll come back to that as we go. Hope for monitor time this week sometime.

4) Sound/Feel - Better than flash. Flash hybo was sharp and harsh imo, my only real knock against it. This is still on the sharp side but it’s more a feedback of power and not “what was that?” From your playing partners. Shockingly didn’t explore the face with this one yet, but be assured I will haha.

More soon!

I leave you with a pic!

DSC01121-L.jpg

Just the max. Soles and leading edges are adjusted on all three differently. Check out the homepage article if you haven’t! It might help some, at least I hope it does!

Thanks for clearing that up. I read the home page article (great into as always), what confused me was Callaway’s website. I took something about “leading edge geometry” as meaning it was in all 3 models since it was mentioned on the webpage for all of them, and then the video posted earlier in the thread with Doc Hock said Max only. Guess I know which model I’m going to hit first now...

@DNevsCG is back wit Doc Hoc and this time they break down and give you all the information on the technology behind the fairway woods and hybrids. It's a great video packed with a ton of information

@DNevsCG is back wit Doc Hoc and this time they break down and give you all the information on the technology behind the fairway woods and hybrids. It's a great video packed with a ton of information

Nice, thanks for posting!

I absolutely LOVE the flatter lie angles on the Mavrik Sub Zero fairway metals.
I wish they offered that model in a broader range of lofts.

4B61D4FA-E9E8-42C9-BB95-C9D62782A905.jpeg

??:oops:?

Back