Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

I do, I am going to go with a UST Elements Chrome. I know that shaft well and have used it in my woods in the past with success. Just need to track one down on eBay.
From what I have seen, they are a steal too.

Elements chrome is ordered for the Heavenwood. It should wake this one up and make it a little more consistent for me to hit.

Hello there...

76F0E7D7-6A58-40DC-B8FD-20148C80941B.jpeg

I was mashing my 3 wood in league tonight. I'm not sure why it seems so much easier to hit off the sim turf bit I've had almost no issues doing it. I'm pretty pumped to see how it performs on the course this season.

I was mashing my 3 wood in league tonight. I'm not sure why it seems so much easier to hit off the sim turf bit I've had almost no issues doing it. I'm pretty pumped to see how it performs on the course this season.
I don't get it either. After a few swing ls with it, your confidence just starts rising. Not a feeling I'm used to having with a fairway, that's for sure

The Fitting Room podcast that came out yesterday on the fairway woods is definitely worth the listen. They also addressed the length, confirming that the Mavrik line is the same lengths as the recent generations (Epic Flash, Rogue, etc.). The extra .25" is because Callaway previously did not measure to the end of the grip, so that's where the extra quarter inch comes in.

Now I want a 9w too... haha

Had I known that I likely would have ordered it 1/4” longer. Still it is the exact same length I have been playing the 816 so it should be fine.

I hit the 15* SZ off the tee today on a short 4 and was long. I love this club.

Im going to say this, and I mean it.

The standard Mav hybrid is the best club in the whole Mavrik release.

Yep. I said it. What I saw with the 3H yesterday at Club Champion before breaking down was impressive for what swing I was working with, and at this loft I was still hitting 80-90 feet on good moves into the ball. Filthy long, but INSANELY forgiving and straight.

Max was a hook monster for me, it was a look and setup thing. The Pro is really good too, but the standard is killer. So so so impressed.

Need to get out and hit these hybrids and the super hybrids apparently.

Yep. I said it. What I saw with the 3H yesterday at Club Champion before breaking down was impressive for what swing I was working with, and at this loft I was still hitting 80-90 feet on good moves into the ball. Filthy long, but INSANELY forgiving and straight.

Max was a hook monster for me, it was a look and setup thing. The Pro is really good too, but the standard is killer. So so so impressed.

Filthy long as in SH long?

Dunno, I couldn’t get the 17 SH airborne and holy **** does that thing set up open.

I love it. But those might be getting replaced

I hit the Mavrik 3h standard hybrid model today and have to agree that is pretty amazing. I like the feel of it quite a bit better than the Pro model, just more effortlessly hot coming off the face where the Pro feels more solid and not as fast if that makes sense. I think the standard had a really nice balance of launch and spin, and it is LONG for me. The 18* 3h was within 8 yards of the Mav SZ 16.5* 4w that I picked up today after ordering a couple weeks back. The standard Mav hybrid may be my favorite between the Mav Pro, Mav standand, and Superhybrid at this point.

About that 4w... ?

IMG_5799.jpgIMG_5800.jpgIMG_5801.jpgIMG_5805.jpgIMG_5807.jpg

And, some gapping numbers from today with hybrids. The Mav Pro was a 20* 3h vs. Mav Std 18* 3h. I didn't hit the Pro well today, although I did hit is more normally a couple weeks ago. Today, the standard Mav hybrid shined on ease of use.

IMG_5795.jpg

Last edited:

I am in love with the Max fairway woods, but after hitting the standard 4H today during some simulator rounds, it’s hard to argue with that. This thing is so straight. And feels so good when flushed. Easily one of my favorite clubs in the bag.

Got the 4W out today. Of course I topped the first shot with it. When my swing got better I saw some promising things.

I love the sound at impact with the standard and the Max heads. Feels crisp and solid. Head felt a bit light at first but gradually felt more comfortable.

Is there any benefit design wise that these aren’t adjustable?

To me the fixed hosel stopped me before I even got started.....can’t easily play with other shafts....without going to the pro shaft and put another one on. Move along nothing to see here.

Weight savings from the adapter allows for some of that to be incorporated into the design.

Count me a fan of fixed hosels that come with a good stock shaft offering. Like the Riptide.

Weight savings from the adapter allows for some of that to be incorporated into the design.

Excuse my ignorance, what performance gain was achieved by this weight savings or weight relocation ?

Excuse my ignorance, what performance gain was achieved by this weight savings or weight relocation ?
Increased moi. Plus, since this isn't replacing the Epic Flash, they have a fixed and adjustable fairway.

Back