Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

I chose Max over max d having has the X and std Paradym.

My X with loft down 1 degree had little to no draw bias.

The Max D has at least 10 yards more draw bias than the X.

That was my rationale. I don't like a left miss.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Order it through Callaway, use the AI Smoke shaft to plug into your trade. Voila.
Good Mythical Morning Agree GIF by Rhett and Link

Order it through Callaway, use the AI Smoke shaft to plug into your trade. Voila.
Actually it hit me that my local shop will probably just let me swap shafts right in the store assuming they have the head in stock….

season 16 episode 10 GIF

Actually it hit me that my local shop will probably just let me swap shafts right in the store assuming they have the head in stock….

season 16 episode 10 GIF
Some do and are cool about it, and some aren’t. I don’t ever understand why they’re not, it’s the same exact thing ffs

Some do and are cool about it, and some aren’t. I don’t ever understand why they’re not, it’s the same exact thing ffs
Yeah, it’s never made sense for the stores that won’t. Thankfully I shop small and am loyal so I don’t think it will be a problem.

Can’t wait for my 1st really good range session with this driver! I love just banging balls down range and figuring the swing out and with the added forgivness factor on the TD compared to most low spin options… I’m excited

Why did you go Max instead of Max D from coming from the X?

(why am I getting sucked in… :oops:)
Because the AI Smoke Drivers are so good.

season 16 episode 10 GIF
Looking forward to watching you hit this in the wild Sunday

9/14 FW (64%) with the Ai Smoke Max again today. Over my last 20 rounds I'm averaging 62% fairways hit, and very few of the misses are costing me in the form of penalty strokes or unplayable lies. And I'll agree 100% that the sound is so good. I really liked the sound of the Paradym X, but the Ai Smoke Max is even better.
Where were you previously?

(yes enablers, I’m going back through the thread… 😆)

Stock Tensei. You’re welcome to swap it to whatever you’d like to try it
You are such an enabler and I love you for it

Why did you go Max instead of Max D from coming from the X?

(why am I getting sucked in… :oops:)
Because that was what my fitter at ECPC fit me into, and I trusted him. I wasn't a slicer with the X, and I still had mental scar tissue from the Mavrik Max (which I could hook off the planet), so I would have been leery of going into the Max D anyway.

As it turns out, the Ai Smoke Max is (at least to me) very neutrally biased. With the slider set full to the draw position and the hosel at +1/D, I'm still getting a straight to slight fade ball flight, and I don't think I've actually hooked one shot yet with it - my misses left are usually pulls

Hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel soon. Lesson scheduled for next Tuesday, and I hope that by this time next week I will at least have a concept of what I am doing so aggregiously wrong, and have a plan. The little things at this point. Starting to get excited again!

Hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel soon. Lesson scheduled for next Tuesday, and I hope that by this time next week I will at least have a concept of what I am doing so aggregiously wrong, and have a plan. The little things at this point. Starting to get excited again!
Let's go!!! Happy for you, hope to see you get it sorted out before the season starts for you!

Took a few more swings while I was out today with the MaxD. I probably won't be upgrading this year.
This aged well 😂

I did have a question for the group. Does anyone know how much the lie angle changes when you switch the cog into D settings?

I did have a question for the group. Does anyone know how much the lie angle changes when you switch the cog into D settings?
Wunder did a fun little test on this. I don’t feel like drawing eyes away from the forum, so see below :)

Loft up +2 (8.5 to 10.5)
Loft down -1 (8.5 to 7.5)
Upright +3 (56 to 59)
Neutral (8.5, 56)
Strong lofted tip:
Loft up +1 (8.5 to 9.5)
Loft down -2 (8.5 to 6.5)
Upright +3 (56 to 59)
Neutral (8.5, 56)
Flat tip:
Loft up +2 (8.5 to 10.5)
Upright +2 (56 to 58)
Flat -.75 (56 to 55.25)
Neutral (8.5, 56)

Question for those that have adjusted the APW to try and dial in flight and dispersion. Do you find it working better than previous releases? The last time I tinkered with the APW in a Callaway head I didn't see as much help as others. I am wondering if with the overall head design with Smoke it that allows the APW to really help dial in the ball flight along with the cog settings.

Man I am really getting impatient waiting for my driver :cry:

Wunder did a fun little test on this. I don’t feel like drawing eyes away from the forum, so see below :)

Loft up +2 (8.5 to 10.5)
Upright +3 (56 to 59)
Neutral (8.5, 56)
Strong lofted tip:
Loft up +1 (8.5 to 9.5)
Loft down -2 (8.5 to 6.5)
Upright +3 (56 to 59)
Neutral (8.5, 56)
Flat tip:
Loft up +2 (8.5 to 10.5)
Upright +2 (56 to 58)
Flat -.75 (56 to 55.25)
Neutral (8.5, 56)
much appreciated. I tend to do better with more upright lie angle which would lead me towards the Max D, but it sounds like the Max D is more draw biased than the Paradym X. Given my stats with the X I don't want to be even more left-biased.

Back