Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Overall I think it is important to remember that even with advances in technology and AI, that a driver can only do so much. If you have significant swing flaws, like next level issues, a driver isn't going to give you 300 yds with a draw into the middle of the fairway.

Able to make a decent swing and find the face? That Ai Face is going to help you out, minimize your miss and make it less penalizing. Need to tweak for a draw or fade? Well the sliding weight could help to get you to that desired shot shape. Adjust the OptiFit adaptor, add loft, or take some away, and get those spin numbers more in line with where you want it.

Here is sort of where it gets personal/frustrating/entertaining:
I saw a lot of those changes at ECPC. Even more when I got home and could really look at numbers.

What the driver won't do, in all honesty, is fix things if you suck (for lack of a better way of putting it).

Currently, I suck. Absolutely terrible. The worst. Trying to undertake a grip change/swing change with a brand new set of clubs in the bag, is maybe the dumbest thing I have ever done. My confidence is sapped, and the results are over the place. The biggest issue, I cannot hit driver and woods to save my life. Changes screwed up how I deliver the clubhead, face and path are all sorts of silly. Spin still stays ok, but launch has tanked.

If you want to see absolute disaster, I've got some numbers for you... they aren't pretty:
Spoiler

Messing around with old grip. Not great, but my straight to fade came back. (Old grip technique, new screwed up swing)
View attachment 9251263
Swings below with incorporating the new grip, and in effect a new swing since everything changed.
View attachment 9251264View attachment 9251265

The hope is that with instruction, analyzing club data, and hard work, that we can build back to better than we were before. The idea of pairing that with the new Smoke Max driver is exciting, and really keeping me going at this point.
Hang in there Brad! Trust the process and all the work you are putting in. You are grinding to a better swing in the future.

Overall I think it is important to remember that even with advances in technology and AI, that a driver can only do so much. If you have significant swing flaws, like next level issues, a driver isn't going to give you 300 yds with a draw into the middle of the fairway.

Able to make a decent swing and find the face? That Ai Face is going to help you out, minimize your miss and make it less penalizing. Need to tweak for a draw or fade? Well the sliding weight could help to get you to that desired shot shape. Adjust the OptiFit adaptor, add loft, or take some away, and get those spin numbers more in line with where you want it.

I saw a lot of those changes at ECPC. Even more when I got home and could really look at numbers.

What the driver won't do, in all honesty, is fix things if you suck (for lack of a better way of putting it).

Currently, I suck. Absolutely terrible. The worst. Trying to undertake a grip change/swing change with a brand new set of clubs in the bag, is maybe the dumbest thing I have ever done. My confidence is sapped, and the results are over the place. The biggest issue, I cannot hit driver and woods to save my life. Changes screwed up how I deliver the clubhead, face and path are all sorts of silly. Spin still stays ok, but launch has tanked.

If you want to see absolute disaster, I've got some numbers for you... they aren't pretty:
Spoiler

Messing around with old grip. Not great, but my straight to fade came back. (Old grip technique, new screwed up swing)
View attachment 9251263
Swings below with incorporating the new grip, and in effect a new swing since everything changed.

The hope is that with instruction, analyzing club data, and hard work, that we can build back to better than we were before. The idea of pairing that with the new Smoke Max driver is exciting, and really keeping me going at this point.
Hang in there brother. Change takes time. Luckily the technology in the Ai Smoke will deflect the bad and give a little good. With my swing change I have no idea which ball flight I’m going to get from one swing to the next. Fortunately with that being said I know I won’t be penalized too bad.

Spoiler

View attachment 9251263

Grip change in the hardest thing to implement. Keep working on it, buddy.

On a cold, windy and wet day, I finally had a good contact day with the driver. My tempo Abd delivery was good.

Ai Smoke rewarded me with two 290 yard drives. Abd up hill 277, a 268 and a few 250+ into the wind. 264 average on 10 fairway hits.

That was fun! And quite the highlight of my round.

Had a crazy windy round this morning On a pretty tough course. 9/13 FW’s hit and none OB. Hit this wind aided monster on the final hole.

IMG_4645.png

I’ve found distance and feel to be better than my other drivers . My 10k drivers are a bit shorter but straighter. Toss up on wanting 5-7 yards more or wanting to be automatic.

Just wrapped up my first full range session with the Smoke.
This was the very first swing

IMG_2824.jpeg

I can confirm when struck there it destroys the ball.

I obviously don’t find that spot every swing but out of the maybe 20 swings only 1 time would I have found myself in real trouble out on the course. The results on the range backed up what I had seen on the sim so that makes me super excited to get this out for real here soon

View attachment 9251460

I obviously don’t find that spot every swing but out of the maybe 20 swings only 1 time would I have found myself in real trouble out on the course. The results on the range backed up what I had seen on the sim so that makes me super excited to get this out for real here soon
Crazy to me seeing you sing praises of a driver. Happy you appear to of found one that works sir!!

Crazy to me seeing you sing praises of a driver. Happy you appear to of found one that works sir!!
Still early days but really happy with what I’ve seen to this point

View attachment 9251460

Can’t wait to see this in person

Can’t wait to see this in person
Hoping to get a coupe rounds with it before the trip. As @jlew mentioned, the driver spot has been a constant struggle for me. So far, this has really been a joy to hit though

I love my Paradym X....
I love my Paradym X....
I love my Paradym X....

With all the feedback here the pull of this one is strong
do it jewish GIF

Once I get back from work travel this week a special shaft will be getting its maiden voyage in the Ai Smoke Max driver! I can’t wait!!!

Bro just do it…
I know… I’ve read enough here to know I’m not losing anything if I go away from the current gamer, Paradym X

I think this summer head will match very nice with the tour AD HD shaft. Even the color scheme matches

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

The more and more I think about this driver, the more and more I can honestly say I've never been this excited or confident to play golf.

My tee game has by far been the worst part of my game probably since I started playing golf, but what I have seen in the short few rounds with this AI Smoke Max D is truly incredible and has been jonesing to play golf all the time, which I want to do quite a bit regardless, but with this driver, it has been itching to go out even more. Maybe even just to practice!

The more and more I think about this driver, the more and more I can honestly say I've never been this excited or confident to play golf.

My tee game has by far been the worst part of my game probably since I started playing golf, but what I have seen in the short few rounds with this AI Smoke Max D is truly incredible and has been jonesing to play golf all the time, which I want to do quite a bit regardless, but with this driver, it has been itching to go out even more. Maybe even just to practice!
Love hearing this. I can't think of a time that I have ever had a better combination of options off the tee than what I have with the Smoke TD driver, fairway, and UW.

I'm dying in the snow. All I want to do is go out and hit this damn club again. Next time I play, it will be posting season so we will see how I hold up when I can't take two off the tee. I've never been more confident though!

I'm dying in the snow. All I want to do is go out and hit this damn club again. Next time I play, it will be posting season so we will see how I hold up when I can't take two off the tee. I've never been more confident though!
I can appreciate this. I am anxiously awaiting being able to bring the Max D on to the course. Waiting for my club to open . We had a good snow and ice strorm Saturday. Although it will be melt this week. I am not looking forward to playing in the mud.

Last edited:
I’ve had to adjust my alignment some and not aim so far out to the right. The ball still moves to the left but not as much as before. Less overall movement.

Back