Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Honestly, it puzzles me as to why a reputable channel like Club Champion would create content that demonstrates equipment that we general consumers can’t have.

Seems like the Ai Smoke TD Max head might be released to retail in April. Apparently there were some hints dropped in the latest TXG / Clubchampion video with JW of Callaway which they edited out and reuploaded the video.
Yeah Mr. Wunder explicitly stated they were going to be available to the masses and that cut might not have been the one that was supposed to make it in the final video lol

Seems like the Ai Smoke TD Max head might be released to retail in April. Apparently there were some hints dropped in the latest TXG / Clubchampion video with JW of Callaway which they edited out and reuploaded the video.
Fingers crossed it happens

Honestly, it puzzles me as to why a reputable channel like Club Champion would create content that demonstrates equipment that we general consumers can’t have.
In the original video it was suggested this equipment was coming to retail.

Update on my time with the Ai Smoke Max Driver. I am in the 10.5 head turned +1 degree. With Ventus Red 60g S.

I’m a traditional low spin low launch hitter…as in I need all the help elevating the ball that I can get. In the past I’ve played 13 degree drivers! With Smoke Max and this shaft I don’t.

My shotscope performance average is trending upwards as I get a better swing more often. Currently up to 257 for my last 10 rounds. I had a 264 P average last round thanks to two 290 yard bombs. For a guy with mid 90s swing speed and sub optimal low launch… those are fantastic.

However there is another story with this driver for me. Accuracy.

My handicap is 19.4 at the moment so compared to a 15 index… this is a huge testament to the advancement in forgiveness this driver possesses.

1711744120045.jpeg

I have a problem with consistent setup and directional pointing. Thus those penalties. But this driver is point and shoot!

This says a lot more than I think people realize, about the consistency you’re seeing
Long term, if people have been following, it speaks volumes. Perhaps just as much about the other clubs at the top of the bag as well.

I want to give a little context to my thought for readers who are just jumping in now and may have missed the early reviews of the Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Driver. I am playing the 10.5 head and have found the best setting lofted down to 9.5*. My swing speed with the driver is 116-118 and handicap is 3-4. I’m playing the driver shorter than the standard 45.75 at 45. Instead of the movable weights being 14g and 2g, they are 14g and 12g to maintain the swing weight. Shaft is Ventus TR Black 7x. My preferred ball flight is a fade and played the Paradym TD previous to the Smoke.

Like the Ai Smoke TD fairway, the Ai Smoke TD Driver has big shoes to fill coming from the Paradym TD. The short and sweet of my experience with the Ai Smoke is that Callaway has improved on everything that made the Paradym TD a special club. Specifically, what does stand out is how consistent and forgiving the Smoke TD. It honestly doesn’t seem right that a players driver is this forgiving.

Seeing the consistency in spin on the launch monitor is wild. The spin window is tight. That has led to consistent ball speed, carry, and confidence. I know what to expect from the Smoke TD and I am getting off the tee as well as I ever have.

My miss is a spinny high slice. That miss has been reigned in a bit with the Smoke. I am seeing a neutral ball flight. I don’t think it is as fade biased as the Paradym TD. Ball flight is also more penetrating than what I saw with the Paradym.

Sound/feel is what you want from a players driver. There is nothing loud or off-putting. I continue to be impressed on all fronts with the Smoke TD.

First official round for the Max coming tomorrow. Very excited to get this to the course

Update on my time with the Ai Smoke Max Driver. I am in the 10.5 head turned +1 degree. With Ventus Red 60g S.

I’m a traditional low spin low launch hitter…as in I need all the help elevating the ball that I can get. In the past I’ve played 13 degree drivers! With Smoke Max and this shaft I don’t.

My shotscope performance average is trending upwards as I get a better swing more often. Currently up to 257 for my last 10 rounds. I had a 264 P average last round thanks to two 290 yard bombs. For a guy with mid 90s swing speed and sub optimal low launch… those are fantastic.

However there is another story with this driver for me. Accuracy.

My handicap is 19.4 at the moment so compared to a 15 index… this is a huge testament to the advancement in forgiveness this driver possesses.

View attachment 9252558

I have a problem with consistent setup and directional pointing. Thus those penalties. But this driver is point and shoot!
This was my hope when I purchased mine. Not more fairways as much as less wayward shots.

Finally I have decided which driver will be in the bag in 2024.
Tested a few different drivers this year and in the end it was between Smoke ai TD 10.5 or Max 9.
It was Max 9 degrees. So very forgiving and good numbers.
My swing speed is about 100 and I will switch between 2 different shafts.
Hzrdus silver and Hzrdus Blue RDX Pvd.

Finally I have decided which driver will be in the bag in 2024.
Tested a few different drivers this year and in the end it was between Smoke ai TD 10.5 or Max 9.
It was Max 9 degrees. So very forgiving and good numbers.
My swing speed is about 100 and I will switch between 2 different shafts.
Hzrdus silver and Hzrdus Blue RDX Pvd.
What’s the thoughts on switching? I switch occasionally too for the heck of it but I don’t have those planned going in.

Straight pushes. LONG and straight, just gotta get them on line. One particular drive that I did manage to hit straight on a 430 yard par 4 left me 100 in. Just need to get on line

Played yesterday and a guy in my group had the TD version and I had the regular, based on the questions we were getting for the guys that didn’t have one in their bag, I think 2 more will be purchased.

Just got done on a sim w/ @Ronnie D & @jayronmillz10 ….
So many positives with this club coming out of the session… will give more details when I get home

Played yesterday and a guy in my group had the TD version and I had the regular, based on the questions we were getting for the guys that didn’t have one in their bag, I think 2 more will be purchased.
A buddy of mine has the Paradym X (bought it same time I did last year). He refuses to even touch my Ai Smoke Max because he says he doesn't want to spend another $600 on a driver, and if he hits mine he knows he will. :LOL: I play 95+% of my rounds with him, he saw me hit the Paradym X all last year and he's seen the difference with the Ai Smoke.

A buddy of mine has the Paradym X (bought it same time I did last year). He refuses to even touch my Ai Smoke Max because he says he doesn't want to spend another $600 on a driver, and if he hits mine he knows he will. :LOL: I play 95+% of my rounds with him, he saw me hit the Paradym X all last year and he's seen the difference with the Ai Smoke.
I had a Paradym X and switched quickly.

Just got done on a sim w/ @Ronnie D & @jayronmillz10 ….
So many positives with this club coming out of the session… will give more details when I get home
Yeah so this club let me tell you! The tech in this thing is phenomenal. I was not hitting it solid all the time but for the most part unless I wiped across it it went straight. Something my cobra didn't do. I loved the way this thing felt. And again the way it sounded. I know I sound like I am beating a dead horse but this thing sounds soo good. I just fall in love with the sound. But today was the first day I really saw the tech in action ( our other Sim sessions were indoors or in the dark) but today I could see the ball travel and see my ball flight on misshits...

I’m not sure if it was the switch up on my stance or the switch of my CoG setting today.. or a little of both but out of the roughly 9 drives I hit today on the sim…. I did not have a single hook and just 1 pull draw. My ball flight was exactly what I want to see. My miss was a slight pull without the draw or a slightly faded ball. I had been struggling the last few times I have hit the Driver and I was nervous about having the TD. After today I am not nervous. Not all of my drives were center punched either. Toe or heel it didn’t make a difference because I didn’t lose much when it happened.

I’m not sure if it was the switch up on my stance or the switch of my CoG setting today.. or a little of both but out of the roughly 9 drives I hit today on the sim…. I did not have a single hook and just 1 pull draw. My ball flight was exactly what I want to see. My miss was a slight pull without the draw or a slightly faded ball. I had been struggling the last few times I have hit the Driver and I was nervous about having the TD. After today I am not nervous. Not all of my drives were center punched either. Toe or heel it didn’t make a difference because I didn’t lose much when it happened.
All I’m reading is time to buy another driver and another ventus shaft with Cally adapter

All I’m reading is time to buy another driver and another ventus shaft with Cally adapter
I got the Denali Black in mine and so far I think it’s going to work out well

I had Two more holes today to add to the list of longest drive on a particular hole 😁 I think that is up to 10 on the 2 courses I play in Arkansas. I really like the sound on flushed shots

I got the Denali Black in mine and so far I think it’s going to work out well
I demo’d that one with the max, didn’t get along with it the best. Ventus Black has just made driver swing feel so easy. I could probably try tensei 1k black too if I wasn’t looking to burn my money up immediately. I found a shaft that I work well with and I’d rather not switch lol

Back