Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

That’s great to hear! Especially coming from the KBS tour and c taper lite shafts myself.

My general biggest fear with a hybrid is going too far left. Hopefully going to 95g and x flex helps me there.
Any issues with directional misses for yours
ive been working through a change in how far im away from the ball and after a large amount of weight loss since Thanksgiving. My directional misses were slightly left of greens but i think that is user error from having so much more room between my belly and the ball that my mind hasn't adjusted to yet. In short no long pull lefts flirting with ob and no misses right of flag all day .

I keep coming back to the callaway website every day to check and see if my ship date has been updated, cannot wait to test this thing out!
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 8.41.50 AM.png

Just received an email with 50% trade in bonus. Now, just have to decide if I trade in my Paradym X for the new Ai Smoke. Only costing 150 in total for a whole new set of irons.

I keep coming back to the callaway website every day to check and see if my ship date has been updated, cannot wait to test this thing out!
View attachment 9251665
I didn't get my tracking until it went through customs. Shipping and assembly has been fast. Ordered it 3/20. I got notification it's arriving today.

I didn't get my tracking until it went through customs. Shipping and assembly has been fast. Ordered it 3/20. I got notification it's arriving today.
I love that feeling when you get the notification for shipping! I knew there would be a bit of delay based on the shaft I selected.

I love that feeling when you get the notification for shipping! I knew there would be a bit of delay based on the shaft I selected.
Mine was custom. Everything was in stock but am still surprised it got built and shipped as fast as it did.

Hi!
IMG_8865.jpegIMG_8866.jpeg

Smoke 4i arrived today. Took a few swings with it and I think it will work well for my needs and bag.

It’s going to be between my UW at 19* and Apex Pro CB 5*. My 5i bent strong and the Smoke is bent a little week so it should gap well and in line with how my bag has been the last few years.

Coming from the UT, the sound at impact is not as muted, but it’s not unpleasant.

I wanted something a little easier to hit and would offer more forgiveness and I think this will fill that role. I will use it primarily off the tee. Less rare will be using it off the deck going after the green.

Off the indoor mat, it was easy to launch. Ball speed looks to be impressive and didn’t see any tendency to want to move one way or another, which is what I am looking for.

I’m planning on getting out this weekend and will have more then.
IMG_8869.jpegIMG_8867.jpegIMG_8868.jpeg

Smoke 4i arrived today. Took a few swings with it and I think it will work well for my needs and bag.

It’s going to be between my UW at 19* and Apex Pro CB 5*. My 5i bent strong and the Smoke is bent a little week so it should gap well and in line with how my bag has been the last few years.

Coming from the UT, the sound at impact is not as muted, but it’s not unpleasant.

I wanted something a little easier to hit and would offer more forgiveness and I think this will fill that role. I will use it primarily off the tee. Less rare will be using it off the deck going after the green.

Off the indoor mat, it was easy to launch. Ball speed looks to be impressive and didn’t see any tendency to want to move one way or another, which is what I am looking for.

View attachment 9251718View attachment 9251717View attachment 9251719
That look at address…. Ball go far

View attachment 9251718View attachment 9251717View attachment 9251719
Don’t forget to test it lefty. 😂

Looking forward to hearing how it stacks up to your UT.

I just saw the 50% trade in bonus from Callaway for the irons. I am not sure I will be able to resist upgrading.

That look at address…. Ball go far
Yes, sir. Distance is not going to be an issue with this one.
Don’t forget to test it lefty. 😂

Looking forward to hearing how it stacks up to your UT.
From what I have seen so far (haven't looked that closely at the numbers) carry and spin are similar. I am suspecting the biggest difference is going to be on the forgiveness on off center strikes.

Yes, sir. Distance is not going to be an issue with this one.

From what I have seen so far (haven't looked that closely at the numbers) carry and spin are similar. I am suspecting the biggest difference is going to be on the forgiveness on off center strikes.
I've fully tested the off center strike locations. Lots of help all over the face to be had.

I've fully tested the off center strike locations. Lots of help all over the face to be had.
That's what I like to hear. I'm looking for help on those less than ideal swings.

Hitting the center of the face is old news. So happy that the irons are so forgiving across the face!

The goods arrived today…. Rainy and windy out, so off to the range tomorrow.
View attachment 9251553View attachment 9251554View attachment 9251555View attachment 9251556
OK, the irons are really good!
And I think the Tensei White 75g shaft is a great fit for me. Strong ball flight, and great feel, especially for a cast club.
Cold ( For Tucson ) and windy on the range, L to R and into, able to draw and fade pretty easily to various targets.
The hybrids fly high and deep, and feel great as well.
Can't wait to play a round with these.

I just saw the 50% trade in bonus from Callaway for the irons. I am not sure I will be able to resist upgrading.
It's such a good deal!

Smoke irons are really really good for me. The launch is high (paired with the Nippon Pro Zelos 8 shafts) with tons of stopping power. I really have been enjoying even the 6i hitting and staying on the green. I’ve always struggled finding irons that were forgiving but still were able to hold the greens in the 8-6 iron range. I tend to get low spinners that even if they land on the green will roll to the front or off it.

These Smoke irons land with enough angle and spin to let me hold the greens for the most part. I’ll get the occasional roll off but instead of it being 90% of the shots that hit the green, we are only talking about 15 or so percent.

With the trade in bonus and their price point, if you are considering new irons this year - you ought to give them a try!

IMG_9252.jpeg

IMG_9251.jpeg

Smoke irons are really really good for me. The launch is high (paired with the Nippon Pro Zelos 8 shafts) with tons of stopping power. I really have been enjoying even the 6i hitting and staying on the green. I’ve always struggled finding irons that were forgiving but still were able to hold the greens in the 8-6 iron range. I tend to get low spinners that even if they land on the green will roll to the front or off it.

These Smoke irons land with enough angle and spin to let me hold the greens for the most part. I’ll get the occasional roll off but instead of it being 90% of the shots that hit the green, we are only talking about 15 or so percent.

With the trade in bonus and their price point, if you are considering new irons this year - you ought to give them a try!

View attachment 9251945

View attachment 9251946
Distance-wise, are they in line with what you were playing before?

Back