Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

I hit these as well today, along with the 2.0's and the Cg 16's. They are not a bad iron, but my least favorite of the three. I agree with the "clunky" feel and would take that one step further and say it kinda felt like hitting a Top Flite on a cold day.

The Burner 2.0's were very nice but the CG 16's took the cake for me. I also liked the looks of the CG16's a little better than the Burners but both have nice lines and look great.

A friend of mine hit all three as well and preferred the Burner 2.0's. He bought them. He was a Callaway guy that just didn't like the "feel" of the Razr X. He also liked the CG 16's but preferred the Burners.

Having hit these and the 2.0s both indoors and outdoors today, I am going to agree with you; I didn't like the feel off the face either. Now, when I switched to hitting it with graphite shafts, the feel was much much better so maybe some of this is in the Callaway uniflex shaft I don't know. They were almost as long as the burners for me but not quite.

I found the regular Razr X to be clicky in terms of feel, not harsh but lacking some the feel attributes found in the 2.0 and CG16. However I find the performance better in the Razr X to be more reliable than the offering two offering. I'm not looking for distance out of my irons so that is the last thing I consider, dispersion is number one and for my game that goes to the Razr X. I recently started trying out the Razr X Tour and if you are looking for feel IMO that club offers better feel than the 2.0 and CG16 while sacrificing very little in terms of forgiveness.

I found the regular Razr X to be clicky in terms of feel, not harsh but lacking some the feel attributes found in the 2.0 and CG16. However I find the performance better in the Razr X to be more reliable than the offering two offering. I'm not looking for distance out of my irons so that is the last thing I consider, dispersion is number one and for my game that goes to the Razr X. I recently started trying out the Razr X Tour and if you are looking for feel IMO that club offers better feel than the 2.0 and CG16 while sacrificing very little in terms of forgiveness.

Thanks for the feedback. I had the chance to finally hit the Razr X Tours and they were very impressive. I'm shocked at how much forgiveness they've packed into such a sleek looking head at address.

Today I went to a huge Demo Day at an indoor range near my house and hit all 3 sets. I preferred the Razr X Forged over all 3, even though I'm not a low handicap. They're pretty forgiving, and very workable. They were a close 2nd next to the Nike VR Pro Blades and the CG16's which were nice.

I hit all three lines this weekend. I really, really love this line. If it werent for the Morgan Cup I'd be walking out with one of these or the CB's lol... Anyway some random impressions:

Razr X: Most crisp sounding/feeling of the bunch for my swing. I liked it because it was definitely more of a crack with these. I unfortunately still was hitting inside but I could tell these were beastlike for distance. I like the Uniflex shaft but would prefer something else. Unless the other shafts didnt work well. Can't wait to see what we have in store for fitting. I thought these were extremely forgiving in feel and sound. Ill hold off complete judgement until I can see outdoors ballflight.

Razr X Tour: These feel a bit softer with a good shot. I didnt get the feel of great forgiveness when I mishit though. The head doesnt really twist alot of shots off the toe which is something I like. One thing to note, I hit a 2* upright and PGA Superstore and I felt like I was hitting those better than a standard lie. Again, can't wait to hear what options we have.

Razr X Forged: I don't care, I love these clubs. They look gorgeous in hand. I would hate to see these on a bad swing day. I like the feel throughout the swing better but I know these were not forgiving. I could tell right away, low off the face was killer. usually from what I saw of the face my strikes were close to center but I don't know if I want to see what the actual shot dispersion is like. I almost prefer just keeping mylove affair with these to an inside mat.

All in all I came away more impressed than last time and I was impressed then. The Razr X has me won over on feel/sound and forgiveness but the Razr X Tours feel better throughout the swing. I don't know if changing shafts on the Razr X is the best because I haven't seen numbers or outside ball flight.

Good write up yoccos. I spent some more time with the Razr X Tours yesterday and if these are an option, they'll be in my bag for the Morgan Cup. I'm shocked at how much forgiveness Callaway has packed into an iron that looks like this one does at address. It's a sleek iron, that many should gravitate towards. It may be the sleeper pick for iron darkhorse of the year for 2011. I'm really excited about the possibility of putting these in my golf bag.

I also thought the Razr X irons were very adequate. They felt and sounded much better than my X22's.

Good stuff Yoccos! I liked both Razr X and Razr X Tour. I'm not sure which one I'd go with yet. I can't wait to hit them outside.

I agree TC with the sleeper observation. I really think more people should give this line a look. On the Simulator my mishits with the Tours lost more distance but stayed straighter. Might be the shaft but I'd love to see these outside! They are really sleek. I never thought that would be something I'd look at but at address they are very appealing.

Good write up yoccos. I spent some more time with the Razr X Tours yesterday and if these are an option, they'll be in my bag for the Morgan Cup. I'm shocked at how much forgiveness Callaway has packed into an iron that looks like this one does at address. It's a sleek iron, that many should gravitate towards. It may be the sleeper pick for iron darkhorse of the year for 2011. I'm really excited about the possibility of putting these in my golf bag.

I also thought the Razr X irons were very adequate. They felt and sounded much better than my X22's.

Me either bro! Should be an exciting experience. I just have this feeling the distance on the Razr X is gonna be something I'm not used too. In a really good way.

Good stuff Yoccos! I liked both Razr X and Razr X Tour. I'm not sure which one I'd go with yet. I can't wait to hit them outside.

nice write up Yoccos. I am dying to get to hit these again, I hit them in Florida when visiting THP and thye left me wanting more.

I'm having flashbacks right now dude. I need to get a job where I make money and don't have to show up so I can just go hit golf clubs lol. They're all so unique feeling much like TM's line.

nice write up Yoccos. I am dying to get to hit these again, I hit them in Florida when visiting THP and thye left me wanting more.

This line of irons have me very excited for the Morgan Cup. Callaway irons and me haven't always gotten along. The only one I have really considered purchasing was the X20 Tour. I am really looking forward to putting these to the test. I'm sure there will be a lot of people attracted to these down at the THP Demo Day.

They will definitely be very happy they hit them man. I can't wait for more people to get their hands on these.

This line of irons have me very excited for the Morgan Cup. Callaway irons and me haven't always gotten along. The only one I have really considered purchasing was the X20 Tour. I am really looking forward to putting these to the test. I'm sure there will be a lot of people attracted to these down at the THP Demo Day.

Hit the Razr X Forged again today...these things are money. Can't wait for the upcoming demo day here so I can hit em with the proper shaft and see whats what.

I agree. I wish I had your swing to consistantly hit them man! If I did, I couldn't not bag them. I'll be living through you. Haha.

Hit the Razr X Forged again today...these things are money. Can't wait for the upcoming demo day here so I can hit em with the proper shaft and see whats what.

I have spent the last 2 hours on Callaways website just dreaming....

I was really thnking a lot about these this last weekend and after my round. I was doing a little experiment with my iron set up. Going back and forth between the two to see pros and cons. It's amazing how off my perceptions were.

I'm really excited to hit these again and Ill be taking some more trips to the store when I can. All kidding aside I am about 90% sure the Razr X are going to be the iron for me. I love the Tour version but after doing my little experiment I realized how much more there is to forgiveness other than the sweetspot area.

Love to hear more feedback from those considering and gaming these clubs.

I was really thnking a lot about these this last weekend and after my round. I was doing a little experiment with my iron set up. Going back and forth between the two to see pros and cons. It's amazing how off my perceptions were.

I'm really excited to hit these again and Ill be taking some more trips to the store when I can. All kidding aside I am about 90% sure the Razr X are going to be the iron for me. I love the Tour version but after doing my little experiment I realized how much more there is to forgiveness other than the sweetspot area.

Love to hear more feedback from those considering and gaming these clubs.

I thought you didn't need a sweetspot? I am between both too, I've only hit them in a sim. I'm looking forward to hitting them outside to I can see the ball flight

Lol well yeah that's why there are other things I need to consider ;)

Each time I hit these I come away more and more impressed.

I thought you didn't need a sweetspot? I am between both too, I've only hit them in a sim. I'm looking forward to hitting them outside to I can see the ball flight

Looking forward to trying these at a demo day! Great looking sticks

I stopped by my local Dick's last night b/c my son was very good and as a reward, sometimes he likes to go to Dick's and putt on the putting green. Anyone with a 2 1/2 year old will know what I'm talking about when I say that the kid is obsessed with the putting green.

It's good time for him and for me, b/c I can always spend some time with the Razr X Tour irons. I love them. I think they feel so differently compared to past Callaway iron offerings. The feel so smooth and delicious off the club face. I also really like the profile of these irons at address. It's amazing how much forgiveness they've packed into an iron that sleek. I really look forward to hitting them outside.

I stopped by my local Dick's last night b/c my son was very good and as a reward, sometimes he likes to go to Dick's and putt on the putting green. Anyone with a 2 1/2 year old will know what I'm talking about when I say that the kid is obsessed with the putting green.

It's good time for him and for me, b/c I can always spend some time with the Razr X Tour irons. I love them. I think they feel so differently compared to past Callaway iron offerings. The feel so smooth and delicious off the club face. I also really like the profile of these irons at address. It's amazing how much forgiveness they've packed into an iron that sleek. I really look forward to hitting them outside.

Yeah, ever since I hit them in Florida I have been dying to hit them again. They feel incredible.

Hi Guys and Gals

Just wondering, now that the RazrX irons have been out for awhile and golf courses are opening, how do the new Callaway irons perform on the course?

I am still considering either the RazrX or G15 irons and want to wait until I can actually hit them off grass.

I've hit both but unfortunately neither on the course. They have very different feels and are both good irons. I preferred the Razr X as they felt/sounded crisper to me. Anything draw you to the Raxr X other than having the X-20s?

Hi Guys and Gals

Just wondering, now that the RazrX irons have been out for awhile and golf courses are opening, how do the new Callaway irons perform on the course?

I am still considering either the RazrX or G15 irons and want to wait until I can actually hit them off grass.

I hit these at GG the other day. I really love the look of the Tours and the Tours when I hit a good shot but I think where my game is at the regular RazrX's probably would fit my game better. Not that I am looking at buying new irons this year, but curiosity and all made me test them out.

Anything draw you to the Raxr X other than having the X-20s?

Yes since I allready have X20's I wanted to try the Razr irons out. Familiar with how they feel and so on. I have had Ping irons in the past and want to give them a try. I have hit Clevleand, Titleist, Cobra, I15's indoor as well and none of them appeared at first glance to be any better or worse than what I have.

Back