Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

:) Well, nothing big but Rogue ST Max 9 arrives tomorrow (cross my UPS fingers) Will give it more thorough testing now that the weather is cooperating. Will try Tensei 55g and TPT Golf 53g. Makes for a fun weekend.
This will be a fun club. Are you trying to replace the 4H with higher launch and more steeper landing?

This will be a fun club. Are you trying to replace the 4H with higher launch and more steeper landing?

Oh crap I put that in the wrong thread. I’m short but I was thinking about putting the Rogue Max St 7 wood to replace my 4H

Last edited:
ST Max 5W will get some use tomorrow. Lately it's been my unicorn club ( knock on wood) so hopefully it flys straight again tomorrow. @Sarzar can confirm tomorrow.

Off the tee, these woods are ******* insane for me. I wish I could commit to just putting the driver away on bad days because I can't seem to miss with them. Off the fairway, mixed results and I just can't figure out why :LOL: I specifically didn't pull my 3w twice today because I had in my head that I'd put myself in a worse position if I tried to hit it. Ended up flubbing the shot with my long iron anyway lol

But my god off the tee, I can't get over how good these feel

Hit up demo day yesterday to finally give these a try outside. Leaning towards LS 5w with the Tensei white 75. Any of you guys end up with that setup? Also did Dnevs give any info on that shaft that was interesting?

Off the tee, these woods are ******* insane for me. I wish I could commit to just putting the driver away on bad days because I can't seem to miss with them. Off the fairway, mixed results and I just can't figure out why :LOL: I specifically didn't pull my 3w twice today because I had in my head that I'd put myself in a worse position if I tried to hit it. Ended up flubbing the shot with my long iron anyway lol

3w and 5w have been great off tee and fairway. Rough, depends but sometimes I can still get away using 5w.

Oooohhh haaaaiiii

20220607_174509.jpg

Trying negotiate a trip the the range once the kiddo is asleep

Any luck? 🤣 Can’t wait to hear what you think on this.
This was maybe my 3rd swing with it
20220607_191305.jpg

It was really difficult to hit an ugly shot with this club.cwhile I had a few, they weren't "lost balls". It feels good and heavy, with a thicccc thwack of a sound. Ball flight was piercing but lifted nicely and seemed to land pretty soft. With the breeze at my back I heard a few clinks of the ball hitting the fence @ 250yds, and that's with crappy worn range balls

I have a scramble on Monday that will probably be my first chance to put it in play

You aren't wrong, they are so good. I need to hit it more.

Solid chance I'm giving one of these a go. I haven't seen the love with the UW that a lot here have, and I'm finding that my 18˚ hybrid goes almost as far as my Super hybrid on all but the most pure shots with the SH. Really just trying to figure out what configuration to try. May need to take a trip to PGATSS to see.

Hadn’t been hitting these two well lately and lost a bit of confidence in them as of late but feel like I’ve sorted it out on the range. Amazing how when you pay attention to how you’ve been setting up a light goes off and you rekindle that love for these especially the 5w. Had the shaft perpendicular with my shoulders instead of the head slightly ahead of my hands at address and it all started clicking. These woods are some good I’ve let anyone and everyone who’s looked at them give them a try to experience it for themselves as they absolutely move the ball and maintain great dispersion. So glad I got it figured out because these are too good to be in the doghouse and have covers on them the entire round.

Not much to say really, that I haven't already. But these woods.... oooooooo.

Continue to be absolute weapons for me.

Recently benched my 3w in favor of ONLY my 5w. So regularly, there are only three shots a round that I would NORMALLY (I've used it when I mishit off the tee before on occasion) take with my 3w and two out of three of those would be tops, chunks or thins and I've put myself in bad spots. Those shots rarely happen with my 5w so I thought I'd try and use only my 5 and see how I do. I haven't bogeyed a hole that I would normally use my 3w in four rounds.

Crazy thing is, and I mentioned it before, I'm hitting my 5w just as far as I would need my 3w to go. I haven't seemed to be able to unlock the 3 but my goodness the 5w is two clubs in one for me currently with the distance and consistency I'm getting with it.

I've had success with woods before and was even willing to die on a hill that my Nike Vapor Flex 5w was the best fairway I've ever hit. Not anymore, that title is easily given to the Rogue ST Max 5w. I even put my driver away and hit purely the 5w on five holes before I left the course last weekend. 5/5 fairways. It's great to have a club in the bag that I trust completely to fall back on when I need it.

Distance of a 3w with accuracy of a 5w. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far

I'm still going to work on my 3w but for now I'm all aboard the one fw train. And that's huge for me since I've had two fairways since I started playing.

Recently benched my 3w in favor of ONLY my 5w. So regularly, there are only three shots a round that I would NORMALLY (I've used it when I mishit off the tee before on occasion) take with my 3w and two out of three of those would be tops, chunks or thins and I've put myself in bad spots. Those shots rarely happen with my 5w so I thought I'd try and use only my 5 and see how I do. I haven't bogeyed a hole that I would normally use my 3w in four rounds.

Crazy thing is, and I mentioned it before, I'm hitting my 5w just as far as I would need my 3w to go. I haven't seemed to be able to unlock the 3 but my goodness the 5w is two clubs in one for me currently with the distance and consistency I'm getting with it.

I've had success with woods before and was even willing to die on a hill that my Nike Vapor Flex 5w was the best fairway I've ever hit. Not anymore, that title is easily given to the Rogue ST Max 5w. I even put my driver away and hit purely the 5w on five holes before I left the course last weekend. 5/5 fairways. It's great to have a club in the bag that I trust completely to fall back on when I need it.

Distance of a 3w with accuracy of a 5w. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far

I'm still going to work on my 3w but for now I'm all aboard the one fw train. And that's huge for me since I've had two fairways since I started playing.
5W has been my best/favorite club since coming home from the Grandaddy. I like it so much that I have also pulled it instead of driver/3W knowing that I would be shorter but either in the fairway or just in the short grass. Also, when I have been playing the 4 club challenge with @Sarzar , it's in the bag.
*st max 5w ventus 6s.

I know yours is ventus red 7s but your swing is a wee bit faster than me. Maybe I'll start hitting the gym and get *muchmore swoll.

Last edited:
I have to say, the Rogue LS 5 wood is going further than my previous 5 wood and is getting used more on course. I can consistently get more carry and distance with it than my 3 wood which made the decision to drop the 3 wood in the bag and add the second driver.

When I am on with my swing these are just incredible. They are absolute bombers. I have had more sucess off the deck than the tee lately though Lol.

Currently have the Epic Max 3 wood and I like it. Reading all the reviews on the Rogue ST Max 3 wood of course I am interested in it and wonder how much of an upgrade it is if at all over the Epic Max particularly off the turf. Anyone who made the switch have any thought on this ?

Last edited:
Hello thread.... Struggles with the UW have lead me here since winning the Shaft Up! LS was Max seems to make since. 3HL makes even more sense. How forgiving is the LS for a fairway is really my biggest question. I tend to miss higher heel or low middle.

Off to the races with the Rogue ST Max 7 fairway. Love the shallow face. Don't hit it too high because I use a strong grip and deloft the club.

I have two spots left in my bag to improve on, maybe a 4h, and as always, the 3 wood. The ‘18 Rogue I’ve had is great off the tee, but I have no confidence at all off the deck with it any longer. My Halo 4i is really good, but I’d love a higher ball flight in that spot, if possible.
So I bundled the Rogue ST 3&4hybrids (both hit very low bullets… not what I want there) with the 2018 Rogue 3w and for $15 out of pocket after the 50% bonus (used up a $105 reward points also) I bought a Rogue Max D 15* and a Max OS 21* hybrid.
If the 3w works out, and the OS doesn’t outperform my Halo 4 iron, I’ll swap the OS for a D 5w.
Anyone out there with the Max D, has it actually helped much with shot correction, and how is it distance wise compared to the standard ST 3w? OS users… what is different from the ST Max version?
Thanks in advance.

I finally got to test out the fairway woods in 3 and 3+. I’m really digging the LS 3+. I wasn’t pleased with the carry distances but I only tried the stock shafts. It may be Internet golferish but a well fit shaft helps me deliver the club so much better. I was still in the 1.4x smash factor with a max of 1.47. The Max 3W had more spin and flew higher as expected from the head and shaft combo. Nothing looked unplayable on the launch monitor. Ponder mode is activated for a 3+ ST Max LS with a UST Mamiya LinQ Gunmetal. It performs so well in my UW that I want one in my FW.

I like my ST Max driver so much i picked up an ST Max standard 3 wood hoping it would perform the same. It does and is easy to launch off the turf, long and plays for me with a slight draw. A definite upgrade for me over the standard Epic Max 3 wood and it feels great. So far its been the best 3 wood i have ever hit. I hesitate to say best fairway wood ever because i still play and love my Mavrik Max 5 wood.

I like my ST Max driver so much i picked up an ST Max standard 3 wood hoping it would perform the same. It does and is easy to launch off the turf, long and plays for me with a slight draw. A definite upgrade for me over the standard Epic Max 3 wood and it feels great. So far its been the best 3 wood i have ever hit. I hesitate to say best fairway wood ever because i still play and love my Mavrik Max 5 wood.

Did you go with the same shaft in your driver? I'm one tinker away from pulling the trigger on this one.

Back