Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

Interesting how similar the transition is from face to hosel. The top line of the XFCB appears to be more rounded and the grooves and hitting area looks to be shorter with the blade length being very similar.

I got to hit these for the first time today! I was surprised at how far they go! They are 2.5* weaker than my Apex 19/s, but they flew just as far.

I tried them with the elevate 120 shaft which I think launched it a little high for me. I could probably get them going a little longer with a flatter ball flight.

I got to hit these for the first time today! I was surprised at how far they go! They are 2.5* weaker than my Apex 19/s, but they flew just as far.

I tried them with the elevate 120 shaft which I think launched it a little high for me. I could probably get them going a little longer with a flatter ball flight.
They didn't have the IO shaft available?

Man, that pairing is so good.

Looking forward to your fitting. You’re already so in tune with your numbers so that’s going to be fun to watch.

It's pretty legit in the Apex MB's too. I went with the IO's because of how much I enjoyed them in the CB's and it might have been one of the best choices I've made in a while.

Last edited:
It's pretty legit in the Apex MB's too. I went with the IO's because of how much I enjoyed them in the CB's and it might have been one of the best choices I've made in a while.
Nice! I am so impressed by them.

The didn’t offer it to me but it was in the demo bays at PGATSS and it was pretty busy. I am excited to try it with all the options.

I think that pairing is going to blow you away.
What would you compare it to in previous offerings of any shaft? One thing I did like with the stock set up was the blacked out Z Grip. I have always been satisfied with the Tour Velvet that I never really looked elsewhere but think I could be making a switch.

What would you compare it to in previous offerings of any shaft? One thing I did like with the stock set up was the blacked out Z Grip. I have always been satisfied with the Tour Velvet that I never really looked elsewhere but think I could be making a switch.
Feedback of the LZ with the launch characteristics of OG PX.

That's off one honeymoon experience though, so don't quote me haha

That good eh? Any reviews planned for just the IO shaft?
I mean... We do have a tech studio at our disposal, and often times are eager for suggestions..

@JB where's the whiteboard?

I mean... We do have a tech studio at our disposal, and often times are eager for suggestions..

@JB where's the whiteboard?
Next to my desk, but that’s already on there 😀

Feedback of the LZ with the launch characteristics of OG PX.

That's off one honeymoon experience though, so don't quote me haha
Totally understand! Very early in the process.

Next to my desk, but that’s already on there 😀

Great minds think alike! :)

All some of us have during the winter months is tech talk and sim time. Makes for a whole lot of pondering and wondering and tinkering. :D

new PX IO shaft is great. Feel is there, PX consistency without being stout to flex, weight balance is perfect and satin finish just looks amazing. Love the 6.0 I have in my bag

Great minds think alike! :)

All some of us have during the winter months is tech talk and sim time. Makes for a whole lot of pondering and wondering and tinkering. :D

You might just like something we have coming up then :D

Appreciate some more insight on how the CB’s compare (good or bad or ?) to the ‘19 Apex Pro’s. Having played ~125 rounds with my Pros this past season I am curious what others feel is the biggest differences and is it a worthy upgrade. Unfortunately the X-Forged CB’s are still not in the Golftown an hour away last time I was there.

Skim alert but do we know if fitters will have different weight plates available for fittings?

They do look better in hand. Not quite the ‘18 but definitely better than pictures.

Sadly it snowed today so on course will have to wait a little bit

Skim alert but do we know if fitters will have different weight plates available for fittings?
IIRC, I was told during launch week that only a few top fitters would have different weights. The weights are more about dialing in custom swing weights when being built than for fitting.

Reactions: KEV
Back