Callaway XR Driver Review Thread

S means stated loft (the standard loft of the driver head). -1, +1, +2 all adjust from the stated loft in degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it. Thank you that makes total sense.

I know I will be in the minority but after a swing change , hitting the ball more solidly I am going back to my GBB driver . For me the GBB is 10 15 yards longer than the xr . I was flipping shafts out between the 2 and found the Speeder out of the xr was a great fit for the Gbb.
gb

I know I will be in the minority but after a swing change , hitting the ball more solidly I am going back to my GBB driver . For me the GBB is 10 15 yards longer than the xr . I was flipping shafts out between the 2 and found the Speeder out of the xr was a great fit for the Gbb.
gb

And that's the great thing about options - one club or shaft that works for some won't work for others, and vice versa. AS long as you've got something that works for your game, you're golden.

Absolutely love this freaking club! Even when I mishit it I'm still shocked at the distance I get out of it.

Hit this decently today some solid drives and a couple that I would like to see improved. Luckily nothing too punishing which was key to my score today. I am putting myself in better positions and more consistently with this drive to make GIRs which had been one of my goals this summer. Need to get to the range with it though

Traded in my x2hot for the xr and i have no regrets. (for a net cost of $65 callaway pre owned, i love you) I find the xr/speeder agree with my swing a bit easier. it sounds silly but finding the center of the face and turning it over seem to be easier. Each of the previously mentioned resulting in more fir. the jury is out as far as increased distance with a good hard swing but, with a moderate to easy swing, the xr is longer. when i used the x2hot i did not mind the tinny, aluminum bat feel at all. Now, however, i prefer the more solid, wooden bat feel of the xr. The only reason i switched was because i demo'd the xr16 and that driver is a beast! I was not going to spend the money on a new xr16 though. as soon as cpo has them, one is mine!

Any one still gaming XR over Epic? Been fitted for an EPIC but hit a friends XR this weekend and crushed it even with the wrong shaft. Thanks to Ebay and a mint head for £70 I have a head coming this week to put my shaft in it.
Will drop the hard money on the EPIC if its not been replaced by March 18

Callaway XR Driver Review Thread

Any one still gaming XR over Epic? Been fitted for an EPIC but hit a friends XR this weekend and crushed it even with the wrong shaft. Thanks to Ebay and a mint head for £70 I have a head coming this week to put my shaft in it.
Will drop the hard money on the EPIC if its not been replaced by March 18

Don't have this one but I do have xr16 and epic and continue to use the xr 16for me it just gets the job done where as the epic seem to magnify my miss to the right more than it does. Full disclaimer I wasn't fit for either but have used the same shaft in both.

Don't have this one but I do have xr16 and epic and continue to use the xr 16for me it just gets the job done where as the epic seem to magnify my miss to the right more than it does. Full disclaimer I wasn't fit for either but have used the same shaft in both.

Fitting numbers with the EPIC where very good, best 105 swing, 156 ball speed, 260 carry!! Much increased ball speed for my swing but the XR I used yesterday just flat out bombed, best drive of the day was 278 par 4 uphill/breeze behind, flag at the back and I left myself 8ft for eagle.

Been pondering trying my new epic vs an XR16 head - I have XR16 for my two hybrids and the 3 w - with the stock shaft in R - love those clubs so much - the new Epic feels like I am still trying to figure it out

Back