Callaway XR Fairway Wood Review

I have the 3 and 5 wood and they are great from the tee and the fairway.

Same here. Both the 3 & 5 woods. Great clubs off the tee and super easy off a tight lie. For me, they are better than both the X Hot and the X2 Hot.

Out of curiosity is it the same modern warbird sole as with the previous X models, V-Series and GBB fairways, or does the new head shape basically take care of that?

Thanks.

Out of curiosity is it the same modern warbird sole as with the previous X models, V-Series and GBB fairways, or does the new head shape basically take care of that?

Thanks.

Its different to me.

I just picked up an 816 fwy but not really sure it can replace my XR 3w. The XR has been a go to club for me from deck. Off the tee i've had some issues regarding toe hits but I know that's me.

I'm very excited to get the 3 and 5 pro FW tomorrow. Fairways were the last spot in my bag to get upgraded, and after the BOGO sale on CPO, I couldn't pass up upgrading to the XR's. Got the pro's since I love to hit FW's off the deck, and I have gotten used to a pretty small FW head in the Cleveland Classic XL tour 3w. I'm thinking the 5w might be slightly longer than I need in that spot, which might make me keep the 3 hybrid in as well and just go 2 wedges, but the top end of my bag should be more dangerous than what I have been playing.

I've owned the 3W for a while, just bought the driver and now I might add the 3H or a 5Wto complete the set... I just love their consistency.

Well these are super fun to hit. And they fit my gaps better than expected. The 5w gets up easily and the 3w is a rocket launcher. Very pleased with them

I've been playing the 816 16* for the past two rounds and while it has produced some great shots from the tee, it just doesn't provide the feel that my XR 15* has. The XR provides significantly more feel off the deck and tee just a little less roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man these are just so so so good. Can't wait to see what they bring out for the next step of this line up, because these fairways are really solid. The 5w pro might be my favorite club in my bag.

I'm glad I picked these woods, and even more so that I west with a 4 and a 7. The 7 could be my current favorite club, and I am hitting the 4 SO much better than I was hitting the Razr Fit 3 wood.

Just picked up a slightly used XR 3 Wood. Excited to give it hit. I loved the X2 hot line.

Callaway XR Fairway Wood Review

I love my XR 3w. It has completely alleviated my dependence on my driver off the tee. I can't wait to see what they come out with next because for me, the 816 and GBB weren't for me

Not in love with my 3W. It'll probably be the next to go.

I picked up an XR 3FW and an XR 5FW during the Black Friday deals on CPO. I haven't carried a FW of any sort in years, just couldn't hit 'em. Anyway, finally got out and played yesterday (temperature was too good to pass up). Left my driver in the bag...crushed the 3 and the 5, played all day with no penalty strokes:banana:and shot my low round of the year...haha.

Next up for me...a GBB or a Knuth High Heat driver.

These continue to be just so silly fun to hit. Absolutely love them.

it's an incredibly forgiving fairway wood in a relatively compact package.

I had two gents come up behind me at #10 on my local muni and we had a short convo waiting on the group in front to finish the hole. As soon as I took a swing with my XR 4 wood, I heard a chorus of "Wow..." From the guys behind me. The ball took a gorgeous flight, landing just on the fringe of the green. Then, "Can I have him tee off for me?" "That was an amazing shot!" It really inspires sole confidence and puts a smile on my face when I tweet up with this club. And off the fairway it's so easy to get the ball airborne. I love this club. And the best part is, it was a new condition club from CPO that I got for a steal.

Anyone have, or has hit both this and the pro deep 3wood. Much difference? Asking for a friend, 12 hcap, project X 5.5, he definitely will use it far more off the tee (shorter holes) than as a fairway wood, probably 5 times as much, he's in love with the xr (15) driver its made him a lot straighter and a bit longer too so wants the 3w

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

Anyone have, or has hit both this and the pro deep 3wood. Much difference? Asking for a friend, 12 hcap, project X 5.5, he definitely will use it far more off the tee (shorter holes) than as a fairway wood, probably 5 times as much, he's in love with the xr (15) driver its made him a lot straighter and a bit longer too so wants the 3w

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

I got about 600 rpms less spin on the 3 deep than the 3 wood in this line.

Back