Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

I have gotten several rounds in with the XR Pro and I can firmly say I don't regret my decision to trade my C200s for them. Granted there are some aspects of the C200s I do miss (the gap wedge being one - an absolute weapon from 120 in) but on the whole I like the smaller profile of the XRP. With them I'm able to more easily shape shots than I could with the 200s and they pack more than enough forgiveness into that profile. They don't save me on the worst shots the way the C200 could, but if I strike the ball that poorly I deserve to be punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-shafting the A wedge one more time before going with something else. Inconsistent distance is the reason. It's probably me, and not the club, but I can't get consistent distance out of it like I can the PW, it's often 20 yards or more behind the PW. Putting in an S200 pulled from a vokey that I like to see how it goes.

Re-shafting the A wedge one more time before going with something else. Inconsistent distance is the reason. It's probably me, and not the club, but I can't get consistent distance out of it like I can the PW, it's often 20 yards or more behind the PW. Putting in an S200 pulled from a vokey that I like to see how it goes.

interesting on the A wedge i am right at about 10 yard gap for me, and closer to 10-12 down to my 54, the XR pros have worked very well for me and kept the 545s out of the bag for almost a year now.

interesting on the A wedge i am right at about 10 yard gap for me, and closer to 10-12 down to my 54, the XR pros have worked very well for me and kept the 545s out of the bag for almost a year now.

It is wierd, and like I said it's probably just me. The XRP's from 4-P work great, consistent gaps all the way down. The A often comes up 10-15 yds short.

It is wierd, and like I said it's probably just me. The XRP's from 4-P work great, consistent gaps all the way down. The A often comes up 10-15 yds short.

Have you by chance had the loft checked on yours? Could be its a little weaker than spec.

Have you by chance had the loft checked on yours? Could be its a little weaker than spec.
Yes, it was right at 50. I even had it bent to 48.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes, it was right at 50. I even had it bent to 48.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My AW comes in right about 10 yards short of my PW.

Back