Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

Finally got the A wedge back, with the correct shaft, and took it to the range. I believe a wedge setup change is going to be needed as it looks like it's going to be a solid 125-130 club for me. It fits right in behind the pw nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My A wedge is my favorite club. I can hit it high, low, and chip with it too. These are very good irons.

Just noticed this , I sure hope it's just the ferrule this time.
71e279af0378ceb9206e99719dedca6c.jpg

Likely is, can you move it at all?

Just noticed this , I sure hope it's just the ferrule this time.
71e279af0378ceb9206e99719dedca6c.jpg

Same thing is going on with my 6i the last couple rounds. Won't budge, mine's just the ferrule.

Likely is, can you move it at all?
Looks like it is. Took pliers to push it back in. I'll super glue it and hope for the best.

These irons continue to amaze me with their playability and forgiveness. I have broken 80 three times already this year (77, 77 and 79). That is way ahead of my normal pace. Love them!

I took my old Hogan Apex Edge Pro 7 iron on a round to compare and the difference in forgiveness wasn't even close. Even on poor swings, I am usually pin high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These irons continue to amaze me with their playability and forgiveness. I have broken 80 three times already this year (77, 77 and 79). That is way ahead of my normal pace. Love them!

I took my old Hogan Apex Edge Pro 7 iron on a round to compare and the difference in forgiveness wasn't even close. Even on poor swings, I am usually pin high.

I'm still blown away sometimes at how good these irons are for me. Best set I have ever owned.

I have to agree with the last two posts. AWESOME IRONS!

Still love these irons. Very forgiving for me and great ball flight. I love the XP105 shafts in them as well. Nice pairing for my game.

Still love these irons. Very forgiving for me and great ball flight. I love the XP105 shafts in them as well. Nice pairing for my game.

Totally agree about the forgiveness, it's crazy really for such a smallish head. Seems like as long as the ball hits all groove on the face you can still expect a decent golf shot.

Totally agree about the forgiveness, it's crazy really for such a smallish head. Seems like as long as the ball hits all groove on the face you can still expect a decent golf shot.

They certainly have packed a ton of forgiveness into a fairly small package.

Had these out again today and hit them well outside of a thinned tee shot on a par 3. These are definitely nice sticks and there's a lot of help packed in a small club head.

Yes to all of the above. I tried all the new models this year and so far not one has made me rethink buying these last year.

Still enjoying these irons, except the A wedge. Horribly inconsistent with that one. Then today I found out one reason why. It not only still has the wrong shaft after sending it back (R300 instead of S300), but it appears to have been assembled with a full length, non tip trimmed, shaft. I kept thinking it must be me not the club, but it always felt weird. I guess sometimes it is the arrow. Needless to say it's getting repaired, and/or replaced, and the place where I got it from is going to make a call to their rep about this.

See anything wrong with this picture? From left to right it's pw, 4i, and A wedge. The are lined up by the last step on the shaft.
e82e3f3fd16b44b920dcaa64f1fe6855.jpg

That is crazy about your A wedge. My A wedge is probably my favorite in the set. I hope they get it right and it is money for you.

See anything wrong with this picture? From left to right it's pw, 4i, and A wedge. The are lined up by the last step on the shaft.
e82e3f3fd16b44b920dcaa64f1fe6855.jpg

Confused it with a taper tip and just butt trimmed would be my guess. Hopefully you get it worked out soon.

Confused it with a taper tip and just butt trimmed would be my guess. Hopefully you get it worked out soon.
Replacing the shaft with a PX 6.0 that was pulled from a different gap wedge. I don't mind it being a little heavier, and maybe a bit stiffer in that club. If that works I'll probably just leave it.

That is crazy about your A wedge. My A wedge is probably my favorite in the set. I hope they get it right and it is money for you.
I think it will be once it is rebuilt properly.

Replacing the shaft with a PX 6.0 that was pulled from a different gap wedge. I don't mind it being a little heavier, and maybe a bit stiffer in that club. If that works I'll probably just leave it.

That might actually work out well.

That might actually work out well.
I'm thinking it will. I should find out this evening.

The A wedge is MUCH better with the PX 6.0 shaft installed, feels good and greatly improved consistency!

The A wedge is MUCH better with the PX 6.0 shaft installed, feels good and greatly improved consistency!

That's great to hear. Any ponders over going to Px shafts throughout? :alien:

That's great to hear. Any ponders over going to Px shafts throughout? :alien:
Not really. I like the xp 105 S300's a lot.

Back