Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A look at the new Callaway XR Pro Irons.

Features
Revolutionary Ball Speed From Cup 360
Our improved face cup technology acts like a spring on shots hit low on the face to increase ball speeds. The speed is higher at every other impact location on the face too.

Lower CG, More MOI and Ball Speed
The Internal Standing Wave has refined the way that we lower CG, increased MOI and gives the face cup the freedom to flex for more ball speed.

New Construction And Refined Shaping
A 2-piece construction that includes a dual heat treatment in a head shape that’s more compact, with a thinner topline and narrower sole width. This is a different level of refinement and attention in a player’s iron.

xr-iron-pro-back-2015-L.jpg

xr-pro-iron-sole-2015-L.jpg

xr-pro-iron-address-2015-L.jpg

Last edited:
Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

JB, you're killing me with all these XR posts. Ever since hitting the big Bertha irons, I'm a Firm believer in the cup face tech. I wonder if it can provide similar forgiveness in this more appealing head shape. Cannot wait to hit these!

• Admin
True story. One of the R&D guys from Callaway said to me at #TheGrandaddy that he thought the XR Pro irons were one of their best releases in recent years. So much so that he was debating putting them in his bag immediately and he loves his Apex irons.

They look fantastic, I'd like to hit them.

True story. One of the R&D guys from Callaway said to me at #TheGrandaddy that he thought the XR Pro irons were one of their best releases in recent years. So much so that he was debating putting them in his bag immediately and he loves his Apex irons.

Well, that's a ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one. I really like the look too, badging and all.

Hey JB, the video said it is set to private. Is that a problem on my end

I love this line of irons, and I can't wait to try these. The previous clubs in the line have been a great blend of profile/forgiveness, and I'm interested to see what the cup face adds.

• Admin
I have been waiting for these to be released. I can't wait to swing them and see for myself.

I'm liking this new XR lineup. And with the R&D folks thinking this is one of their best releases in some time, I'm impressed.

I am liking the look of the pro irons over the regular ones (probably the offset) but I definitely want to give them a try when I get to try the Srixons and see how they all compare

they resemble the X-Hot irons from a couple years ago

If an Apex player is pondering a switch to these, that's huge! I can't wait to hit these!

If Callaway feels like they have made something better than the Apex, that is remarkable.

These look shweet! Love the x hot kind of look. Another big winner for Callaway, another ponder for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one seriously pretty iron right there! Tech is solid too. Would love to hit them and see.

JM

Cupface, great profile, sign me up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I noticed a couple Grandaddy members saying they would go with the XR Pros over Apex if they could. That's a huge statement to me.

I really want to try these out

I noticed a couple Grandaddy members saying they would go with the XR Pros over Apex if they could. That's a huge statement to me.

I really want to try these out

To me they are very different irons.
I have spent minimal time with the XR line so far, but liked what I saw and love the technology.

I may be in the minority, but I actually preferred the X2Hot Pros over the Apex when I tested both of them out. If these are an improvement on those, Callaway could really have something special on their hands.

I'm really anxious to see what the cup face technology does for the XR series of irons. I found my X2 Hot gamers purely by accident late this year, but, they've been the most consistent iron I've hit in quite a while. If these are a step up, then I'm definitely going to look at them hard. I favor the look of the XR Pro a little, but, will let the demo/fitting determine which one is best for me and if either offers a big improvement over my current set.

These look even better than the regular XR irons. I hope I'm good enough to play them!!!

Must hit both of these. Reading about R&D replacing his Apexes makes these a must try.

I may be in the minority, but I actually preferred the X2Hot Pros over the Apex when I tested both of them out. If these are an improvement on those, Callaway could really have something special on their hands.

My experience was similar, Matt. I was really set on the Apex irons and loved the way they looked, but, the X2 Hot line simply fit my swing better and the numbers couldn't be denied. I got over the GI look of them in a hurry.

These look soo much sweeter than the canoe paddle BB's.

Back