Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

Just play it. The xr16 line is very easy to find fairways with. IMO.
Absolutely agree with this. I put it right in play and havent looked back. Best driver head I have hit to date.

after playing it at 9* for a few weeks, decided to drop it down 8* today, amazing what 1* does not nearly as much right to left & a more penetrating ball flight

my 9* head is set to arrive Friday, going to throw the HZRDS Yellow in in and take it to the course Saturday. Hoping to start it at 10* see if I can get similar or slightly lower launch but with a more closed head the the 10.5* set on my XR16.

Still playing the 10.5* head and enjoy everything about it. Until the Epic comes out of course.

I think I want this club.

Been a while since I commented on this driver, but I still love it.

When the Hedgehog (aka the D300) is released, the XR Pro will get another challenger. Its going to take something special to kick the XR16 Pro out of the bag.

I've been a little wilder with the driver lately, so I went to the golf shop today with the intent of walking out with a new driver that could give me the same distance as the XR Pro 16, but with more forgiveness. I spent quite a bit of time on the launch monitor with the Epic SZ, both Ms & F7s and tried several shaft combos with the better fitting heads.

Long story short, nothing could touch my XR Pro 16/Kusala White combo. I don't know why it works, it just does.

I've been a little wilder with the driver lately, so I went to the golf shop today with the intent of walking out with a new driver that could give me the same distance as the XR Pro 16, but with more forgiveness. I spent quite a bit of time on the launch monitor with the Epic SZ, both Ms & F7s and tried several shaft combos with the better fitting heads.

Long story short, nothing could touch my XR Pro 16/Kusala White combo. I don't know why it works, it just does.

Do you hit down on driver?

I love this driver.

Right D-Dub?

I absolutely adore my XR16 Driver, and for some reason I have it in my head I should try and pick up a Pro head to play with as well.

Time to re-dive into this thread and see what everyone's thoughts were.

i know it's now a cycle or 2 old now but this driver flat out works for me. the stock speeder black shaft is a winner. i find the pro very forgiving toward the toe. great high and long ball flight that when striking well will deliver consistent distances time after time. i would recommend this driver to a player looking to decrease spin from a x2hot or xr standard driver.

Will my Adila tour green shaft from my X2Hot fit in the XR 16 pro head? Thinking of trying one of these for 2018

So gave this a shot the other day with the Oban Hashimoto shaft. I hit it fantastic and had a lot of fun finally hitting Driver again. I had been struggling for about two years and have just been hitting driving iron. Can’t wait to get a few more range sessions and rounds in with this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So gave this a shot the other day with the Oban Hashimoto shaft. I hit it fantastic and had a lot of fun finally hitting Driver again. I had been struggling for about two years and have just been hitting driving iron. Can’t wait to get a few more range sessions and rounds in with this one!

It’s a heck of a driver. I’ve thought about picking up another one just as a backup. It’s fun to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a heck of a driver. I’ve thought about picking up another one just as a backup. It’s fun to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely is! It launches high but doesn’t seem to spin a ton. I have it set in -1D on 10.5 head and it was preforming well. Hit one 303 (wind to the back) and was just cranking them down the middle. Definitely picked it up for a deal too so couldn’t go wrong just to even change it up a bit

I still like mine as my gamer! I have the 9 deg and the 10.5 deg heads. I have tried other drivers and currently trying the Fusion but so far not close to the XR16 Pro for me.

Acid Green and Black....

Oh so sexy

f84cc8ef6d5bfca8c574a1b1faacb772.jpg

a4cffde7a93cf533e913afa28e1f7c24.jpg

I just went back to my xr16 pro from the Rogue.... I like the look of the rogue, but its tendency to go left and have unstable spin numbers for me have put it in timeout. The rogue can hit some bombers, but then it'll hit some weird shots that fall out of the sky and go nowhere. I like to tee it up higher and have found that the rogue doesn't really like to be hit higher on the face. They come off dead.

I'd forgotten how much I love the sound of the xr16 pro...

reunited the XR16 Pro with the Project X HC LZ, took off the built-up MCC+4, blew on an Iomic

4 words

welcome back, old friend

the sound, my goodness, so good, mashed potatoes good

Back