Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full preview of the XR16 Pro Driver on the home page.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-xr16-driver-preview/

i-xRxVXg9-XL.jpg

i-9fvTKKb-XL.jpg

i-Kg8D4PM-XL.jpg

i-v5FxMBX-XL.jpg

Cant't wait to hit this new line! I will say I'm not big on the whole aerodynamic thing.

I sorta like it, but need to see it first hand for sure because the stretched out look. I'm assuming the speeder shaft is a lightweight option to help with speed, but nice to see no upcharge shaft offerings. I'm assuming there will be a full THP review ?

I got a few swings in with this at ECPC and I was very impressed. I can't wait to see the reviews by THP because this is a really good offering. Sounded great, felt great and was right there distance wise with the 816DBD

Nice looking driver and love the tech built into it. Can't wait to read the reviews.

Looking forward to the full review and the shaft pairing is one I have seen success with in other Callaway drivers. The bigger head and more MOI with lower deeper CG is intriguing

Why all the ridges on the bottom of the club? I'm digging the shape, it looks like an eye. Looking forward to hitting this one.

Why all the ridges on the bottom of the club? I'm digging the shape, it looks like an eye. Looking forward to hitting this one.
Aerodynamics.

I got a few swings in with this at ECPC and I was very impressed. I can't wait to see the reviews by THP because this is a really good offering. Sounded great, felt great and was right there distance wise with the 816DBD

If this driver was available to you which would you have chosen? Just curious.

I'll have to try the XR16. I was fit for the XR last year and its worked very well for me. Would be interesting to try them head to head.

i've hit (and subsequently purchased) the xr fairway wood and can speak to its forgiveness and 'hotness' across the face. i'm looking forward to getting some swings with this on saturday! the aesthetics don't bother me, and i really dig the shaft pairing.

Love seeing the Speeder in there. The XR16 pro is definitely tops on my radar. Changing the profile to help wind travel around the head is obviously a big deal, and I'm curious to see just how much I can gain in SS without losing any accuracy.

The shape looks good. I'm wondering how light the heads are. At 45.75" d3 it gives some warnings as I game my driver at 45.25. Definitely curious if it will perform as well or better than my 816

The shape looks good. I'm wondering how light the heads are. At 45.75" d3 it gives some warnings as I game my driver at 45.25. Definitely curious if it will perform as well or better than my 816

Pro is playing at 45.5, Kang. Not a big difference there.

I'm looking forward to hitting this on Saturday. Like the looks. I'll admit the original XR didn't compare favorably to my 815, but a lot of that could have been shaft related. The 815/Rogue combination is boss.

The markings on the sole make it seem very aerodynamic.

Cant wait to hit this one.... I always seem to hit the aerodynamic heads a bit better but never seem to let one find its way in the bag... Maybe have to change that this year

I'm going Thursday to Memphis to be fit for some new clubs. I'm kinda hoping Scott has it there at least as a demo.

At first glance, I'm not in love with it, but that could change if I got in a few swings with it.

I like the looks of these and will be putting them on my radar come golf season here.

Pro is playing at 45.5, Kang. Not a big difference there.

not to mention the weight in the back of the crown looks to be interchangeable with prior releases. Bet a heavier weight back there could help any potential SW issues.

I think if I'm going to replace one club in my bag this year it will be driver. Looking at this one or the new BB line. Really like the looks of this one though. Again, wish they kept the alignment of the crown. just me though

Want to hit... Man, I like the looks of that.

20 THPers putting this one to the test on FlightScope this weekend and should have some great feedback coming out of it.

Have you hit it yet? How's it sound compared to last year's?

Back