Calling all Carolinians

I tell you what ... when I retire, if the island hasn't been swept away by a hurricane by then ... my dream's to buy a bed and breakfast on Ocracoke Island and spend most of my spring and summer days either fishing, sailing, or on the beach.
Awesome place! I spent a week there a few yrs ago and couldn't agree you more........cept there's no golf there

I miss NC. Lived in Triad area for about 15 years. Still get back that way often, though not as often as I'd like.

I may have to break down and get a facebook account just so I can follow along and see what I can make.

Looking forward to the first of March getting out with Ron and Shane.

I've got to remember to check this thread on my phone or to remember the facebook link so I can join the group. It's looking like there's some fun outing coming up this year. I want to be part of them. Not sure about the Legacy though. I know there's going to be a lot of competition for those slots.

Incidentally, I was born in Charleston Sc, grew up in California, lived in Idaho for a few years, then moved back to Sc... Columbia area.
Re: The Legacy ... never know until you put your hat into the ring!

Re: Columbia ... we have a couple of members in Columbia, and it's centrally located to a few more of us. We talked about a future outing there. It'll happen soon!

Awesome place! I spent a week there a few yrs ago and couldn't agree you more........cept there's no golf there

Yeah, that's the one downside to that dream.

Re: The Legacy ... never know until you put your hat into the ring!

Re: Columbia ... we have a couple of members in Columbia, and it's centrally located to a few more of us. We talked about a future outing there. It'll happen soon!

Yeah, that's the one downside to that dream.
Only a perpetual bunker all around you!

Speaking of perpetual bunkers..... Long Bay in a couple weeks....
No kidding ... saw a picture of Hole #10 on FB with one of those "Guess what course this is." and thought to myself ... No way in hell I'd ever play there, they have a friggin set of steps coming out of that bunker to the green! So when I'm looking for a picture for the event on FB, guess what I come across ... yep, that one ... FML. The whites play at 6209, which is where you'll find me.

longbayhole10-.jpg

16th toughest hole on the course. LOL. Whatever. Plays 315 from the whites. I'm thinking 8i off the tee (will at least keep me out of the sand), 8i layup to 70 yards, 58 wedge to carry the trap that wraps the entire fairway, putt for par. If I par this hole, first round of drinks are on me.

Oh, and at least if I lived on Ocracoke I'd have a solid sand game!

I played #10 entirely from the bunkers last time.

I played #10 entirely from the bunkers last time.
I have a feeling that if I can sniff 100 on this course, with the slope rating this course must have, I think my handicap would drop about a dozen points. LOL.

I'm bringing my sandals because I have a feeling I'll be playing out of the sand. A. LOT. Probably should buy another 54 ATV wedge because my current one will erode before the round is over.

Looks like the bunkers are just as wide as the fairway.

Here is how it ends.

longbayhole18-.jpg

Is that tree, smack dab in the middle of the fairway a nod to the Eisenhower Tree at Augusta?

PS: I don't usually leave my tee shot left, but I bet I hit it.

I don't remember that tree coming into play for anyone in our group. The thing I remember most is that there's very few flat spots on the entire course.

Supposed to be nice this weekend, Anyone want to get together around Columbia for a round?

I'd like to but with the upcoming get together the following weekend I think it's best that I not.

Is anyone actually from the Carolinas? It seems that 90% of people who live here are transplants. I'm originally from VA.

Transplant as well. I'm originally from Kentucky.

Supposed to be nice this weekend, Anyone want to get together around Columbia for a round?
I can't make it this weekend, but would love to play at your country club again sometime soon. Any THPer's who can get to Columbia and meet up with Joey should really play there ... it's a great course with some really beautiful holes.

Is anyone actually from the Carolinas? It seems that 90% of people who live here are transplants. I'm originally from VA.

Originally from West Virginia but moved to NC in 2000 after college. Spent first 5 yrs in Hickory but have been in Huntersville since 2005.

What were you looking at this weekend IR13? I know my Saturday's booked helping my wife's daughter and boyfriend move out into their own place.

What area of Kentucky? I grew up in Matewan, WV which is on the border of KY.

A little north of you, originally from Ashland, just across the river from Huntington, WV.

What were you looking at this weekend IR13? I know my Saturday's booked helping my wife's daughter and boyfriend move out into their own place.

Im game for anywhere in Columbia, but i am a Member up at Mid Carolina in Prosperity. Exit 82 off of I 26.

My Guest rate to ride 18 would be $30.

Born in New Bern, NC and have lived in either New Bern or Havelock/Cherry Point my whole life. Granted that's only 24 years but born and raised in eastern NC

Live in Charlotte, originally from Miami and most that live around me are from either FL or NY/NJ/CT

Live in Charlotte, originally from Miami and most that live around me are from either FL or NY/NJ/CT
You must be up by Lake Norman.

Pinehurst could be called South Ohio. They actually have an Ohio State Alumni Association because there are so many of them here.

IR13,

I'll have to check and see whether I can potentially get a kitchen pass for Sunday. Saturday's all booked up moving my kid out of the house and into her own place. Hopefully it won't take more than the afternoon to do it... but Sunday's my wife's day off and for some reason she likes to spend time with me then.

Back