Calling all Carolinians

Sounds like you guys had fun. I'm joining up on the facebook page if you don't mind. Hope to make it out sometime.

I am loving the facebook group. But also lets also make sure we keep up with this thread with pictures and events. Never know when someone will be coming in from out of town or just checking out what we have going on down here in the carolinas. The Long Bay outing I am a maybe at this time. I should know as it gets closer if I can make it.

I am loving the facebook group. But also lets also make sure we keep up with this thread with pictures and events. Never know when someone will be coming in from out of town or just checking out what we have going on down here in the carolinas. The Long Bay outing I am a maybe at this time. I should know as it gets closer if I can make it.

I will have a weird mix of clubs by that time. Bio Cell + driver, Bio Cell 7 Wood, SLDR 5 hybrid, RSi 6-AW and then possibly my TP ATV Wedges, but I'm not holding out on those, they have been super slow shipping. Maybe I should do the rush shipping on them as well. So there's plenty of gaps in my bag, which doesn't matter anyways, I don't know how far I hit anything nowadays.

Agreed. The "Events" tab on the FB page will be good to keep order on outings, but it should be primarily just as a supportive measure, reiterating what is on this thread. Just so people don't lose track of an event if it's scrolled a few pages deep.

I'm playing a really crappy course on Saturday with a friend of mine. Sandy Ridge in Dunn, NC. Has anyone played this course? It's a goat patch, but it's pretty wide open and we always have fun.

I certainly haven't. Although, to be fair I didn't try to get in to any of them last year when I was in MD. Checkered pulled me in, so I blame him. :D

Hope so guys. Lots of great people from this area never experienced a THP Event before.

Hope you guys don't mind. I requested to join your Facebook page. I used to live in NC and SC if that counts :)

Looks like you guys are starting to get some things rolling down there. Hope to make it down and join you sometime.
And what's ironic about that is that Troutbum and I are both from MD!!

Is anyone actually from the Carolinas? It seems that 90% of people who live here are transplants. I'm originally from VA.

Is anyone actually from the Carolinas? It seems that 90% of people who live here are transplants. I'm originally from VA.

I am a New Yorker, having passed through Oklahoma and Illinois.

I was born in NC...spent basically the rest of my life in Ohio...now I am in SC

I may be one of the few. I was born in Winston-Salem, grew up in Greenville, NC and am living in Wilmington now.

A "find how far you hit each club" outing may be fun. I have no idea about my clubs and when I hit them well sometimes they go a club farther than when I'm not.

I will have a weird mix of clubs by that time. Bio Cell + driver, Bio Cell 7 Wood, SLDR 5 hybrid, RSi 6-AW and then possibly my TP ATV Wedges, but I'm not holding out on those, they have been super slow shipping. Maybe I should do the rush shipping on them as well. So there's plenty of gaps in my bag, which doesn't matter anyways, I don't know how far I hit anything nowadays.

I knew Trout Bum was from conversations we've had. And I knew Sudseh was from other posts and him chiming in our thread. Good to know you are as well JohnBoyNC,

Of all the places I've lived, some of my fondest memories are from Raleigh and Chapel Hill.

Sorry for this post guys its off topic.

Trout, check your PMs

Thanks for allowing me to do that. GG and I have messaged Trout about a different matter.

Here are some pics from yesterday, I only took a few.

Johnboy

Deuce

NC born and raised, born in the Archdale-Trinity area and now live in Lexington.

Born and grew up in Burlington. Went to high school in Greensboro then moved to Columbia,SC and now back and living in Greensboro for the last 30 or so years.

It's pretty awesome here in the Carolinas, mountains, beaches, good food, and wonderful people. It's just hot and humid lol.

It's pretty awesome here in the Carolinas, mountains, beaches, good food, and wonderful people. It's just hot and humid lol.
I like hot and humid over wet and cold. I am excited to see the Carolinas for my first time in march

That second to last picture Marc ... probably my worst and best shots of the entire round were on that hole. The fact that I put two in the drink on that par four and walked away with a double bogey is amazing (to me at any rate).

I like hot and humid over wet and cold. I am excited to see the Carolinas for my first time in march
After having spent a significant amount of time in Buffalo and Peoria, I'll never complain about a hot and humid day ... ever.

I will agree with you but if you go any further north, you run the risk of a month or two layoff from golfing. And further south and its hotter and more humid. Further north and i think you need to be on the coast or a little further west. Williamsburg, Roanoke, Asheville and Greenville are all great choices IMO.

I will agree with you but if you go any further north, you run the risk of a month or two layoff from golfing. And further south and its hotter and more humid. Further north and i think you need to be on the coast or a little further west. Williamsburg, Roanoke, Asheville and Greenville are all great choices IMO.
I tell you what ... when I retire, if the island hasn't been swept away by a hurricane by then ... my dream's to buy a bed and breakfast on Ocracoke Island and spend most of my spring and summer days either fishing, sailing, or on the beach.

I've got to remember to check this thread on my phone or to remember the facebook link so I can join the group. It's looking like there's some fun outing coming up this year. I want to be part of them. Not sure about the Legacy though. I know there's going to be a lot of competition for those slots.

Incidentally, I was born in Charleston Sc, grew up in California, lived in Idaho for a few years, then moved back to Sc... Columbia area.

Back