Calling all Carolinians

Depending on when it is, I may be up for the trip.

When we figure out the day they actually open, I will find a reasonably priced course in the area. I've played a few for around $40 that were actually pretty decent.

It was chilly but I was shedding clothes on 10 tee :)
I am talking about today, yesterday I sat in the clubhouse while the boys tried to play

When we figure out the day they actually open, I will find a reasonably priced course in the area. I've played a few for around $40 that were actually pretty decent.
The first course I ever played was Waterway Hills ... I wouldn't mind playing that again. Then again, Myrtle Beach National is only a couple of miles away from the Tanger Outlet, I'd be perfectly fine playing there or Wild Wing Plantation. Though pricing might be a bit difficult depending on how late in April the TM store opens. River Oaks isn't a bad track either. Heck, I'll play anywhere.

Would love to come out in April with yall. Love Kings North. Big fan of Grande Dunes. Never played waterway hills.

There's a bunch of reasonable courses. I had the Myrtle Beach passport a couple years ago and got to play a bunch of courses, but they changed the rules this year and I can't get it because I'm not considered "local" anymore. They only offer a snowbird package for me now, which ends in March I believe.

Where's the store going to be? My parents are in ocean isle at ocean ridge, the cats courses, so I'm down there quite a bit.

Would love to come out in April with yall. Love Kings North. Big fan of Grande Dunes. Never played waterway hills.
Waterway Hills isn't one of my must play courses. I've played it about 10 times because a friend likes it, but for the money there are better courses. Kings North was very nice in the summer when all the flowers were in bloom. Man O War was the biggest disappointment I've ever had with a course, I have no need to ever play there again. Wild Wing Avocet was nice when we played it.

Where's the store going to be? My parents are in ocean isle at ocean ridge, the cats courses, so I'm down there quite a bit.
Played those last year and really enjoyed them

I think in Tanger Outlets. They have a listing for it as Suite 550.

Waterway Hills isn't one of my must play courses. I've played it about 10 times because a friend likes it, but for the money there are better courses. Kings North was very nice in the summer when all the flowers were in bloom. Man O War was the biggest disappointment I've ever had with a course, I have no need to ever play there again. Wild Wing Avocet was nice when we played it.
Yeah man o war was dissapointing. Would play it again but definitely not one of the premier courses in Myrtle like it was made out to be and water doesn't come into play a lot even though they say the water is the most difficult part

When we played there, the water levels were so low that it wasn't nice looking at all. There was 20ft of mud and sand around every water feature.

I thought it was the one off of 501 ... If it's in NMB then we can look at Possum Trot.

It's where 22 hits 17.

Beachwood, Azalea Sands, Barefoot, Arcadian Shore, Waterway Hills, Grande Dunes, Black Bear, Tidewater, Pine Lakes, Myrtlewood........ The list goes on and on.

I played Beachwood last year and it was really cheap and I considered it one of the MB bargains for golf.

Wife and I almost had our wedding at Black Bear. Arcadian Shore is nice too.

I played Arcadian Shores in the end of Oct .this past year and paid $34.00.The pro gave me some sort of visitor discount without me even asking the rate.It was a nice course and in good shape .

There's a bunch of reasonable courses. I had the Myrtle Beach passport a couple years ago and got to play a bunch of courses, but they changed the rules this year and I can't get it because I'm not considered "local" anymore. They only offer a snowbird package for me now, which ends in March I believe.
My parents are in Charleston wonder if they can work their way into a "local". And I am down for this trip also. I hope they say the date soon so I can request the days off for PTO. And so I can book a hotel.

My parents are in Charleston wonder if they can work their way into a "local". And I am down for this trip also. I hope they say the date soon so I can request the days off for PTO. And so I can book a hotel.

Charleston is considered local and they can get one. Actually only one person in a group needs it, and you can book 3 guest for the same rate usually.

• Berkeley
  • Brunswick
  • Charleston
  • Clarendon
  • Columbus
  • Dillon
  • Dorchester
  • Florence
  • Georgetown
  • Horry
  • Marion
  • New Hanover
  • Pender
  • Williamsburg

Charleston is considered local and they can get one. Actually only one person in a group needs it, and you can book 3 guest for the same rate usually.

• Berkeley
  • Brunswick
  • Charleston
  • Clarendon
  • Columbus
  • Dillon
  • Dorchester
  • Florence
  • Georgetown
  • Horry
  • Marion
  • New Hanover
  • Pender
  • Williamsburg

I'm a Charleston county resident so we're good there. I may be in for this as well but with all the great courses there, there's no need to play a mediocre course. The rates should be good by then at most courses.

I'm with you, pumbaa. Hopefully the opener is on a weekend so I can join. Think a grand opening would count as a personal holiday? :alien:

Back