Calling all Carolinians

John off #13.

a86eb388d832d5ec8129a35d8cc51823.jpg

How is the weather? It looks awesome.

Had a blast with the guys at Patriots Point today

Nice pics deuce

2015 will be a fun year. :)

Looks like it was a blast guys, I was thinking about you when I stopped at Starbucks in Florence this morning and then again when I drove past the exit for Tot hill. We need to get up that way and soon, the area looks beautiful.

I was there! I'm the one on the wrong side of the ball... Lol.

Great pics Deuce, and it was a great time with you, John, and Dave. Nice weather, nice course (except for the lack of markers for the holes and knowing which ones were which); and those goobers behind us trying to push us to go faster. Plenty of fun and lost golf balls (by me)... John flirting with those one putts all day and then finally getting one. Awesome!

Looking forward to the next time.

Had a blast today. Chris and Dave epitomize what THP is about. A love for the game of golf, and great partners out there on the links. Chris gets the commitment award today for driving down from Columbia, and Dave ... welcome to South Carolina! Jumped right into a THP event on his second day in the state, moving from Ohio (my condolences).

We all sniffed 100, but none of us broke it, but that didn't matter. We had fun, and Patriot's Point is a must-play IMO if you're in Charleston. Great scenery (visit the Yorktown at the Naval Museum afterwards if you're from out of town), and well kept. It was a bit waterlogged, but that was pretty much a given after the last couple of weeks of rain. Best shot for me on the day was the topped/pulled drive off the tee that hit the forward markers and bounced into the fairway another 100+ yards. One of the few fairways I hit dead center all day. ;)

Had an awesome time guys. We'll have to do it again! I know we're looking to play at least Raleigh, Myrtle Beach, and Columbia in the next few months, so there will hopefully be plenty of times for everyone (and more!) to tee it up again soon!

Had a blast today. Chris and Dave epitomize what THP is about. A love for the game of golf, and great partners out there on the links. Chris gets the commitment award today for driving down from Columbia, and Dave ... welcome to South Carolina! Jumped right into a THP event on his second day in the state, moving from Ohio (my condolences).

We all sniffed 100, but none of us broke it, but that didn't matter. We had fun, and Patriot's Point is a must-play IMO if you're in Charleston. Great scenery (visit the Yorktown at the Naval Museum afterwards if you're from out of town), and well kept. It was a bit waterlogged, but that was pretty much a given after the last couple of weeks of rain. Best shot for me on the day was the topped/pulled drive off the tee that hit the forward markers and bounced into the fairway another 100+ yards. One of the few fairways I hit dead center all day. ;)

Had an awesome time guys. We'll have to do it again! I know we're looking to play at least Raleigh, Myrtle Beach, and Columbia in the next few months, so there will hopefully be plenty of times for everyone (and more!) to tee it up again soon!
I'm pretty sure the "slow play" heckling on the 15th tee box assisted in our not breaking triple digits...or the island 17th green...

Waterlogged most definitely on the left side of the 18th hole. Thanks Dave for helping push when the cart slowed in the rough and didn't have traction.

Yeah, those hecklers... Goobers.

Sorry we missed the clubhouse at the turn. Normally I don't stop and I was remiss in asking if y'all wanted to stop. My apologies.

Dave, again, sorry that I almost hit you. Thank goodness I didn't. (Good thing the cart was there because that was a serious shank coming off my sand wedge... Told you I was shanking it... Lol. And while the ball luckily missed you, it hit the cart and came back and hit me. I blame the hecklers behind us. Yeah, that's it.)

Deuce that was an impressive shot off of the tee box with a little help from the tee marker.

The course was a nice choice. I'm looking forward to the next time.

Just to clarify the "slow play" issue (so no one gets the wrong idea).

10:20 - Our tee time. We're on time, but there is a group on the tee box. Once they're done, we talk with the starter and then mosey up to the tee box for a "photo op". By the time he's done taking a group and individual pictures, it's go time.
10:30 - The time we actually tee off.
2:30 - The time our round ends.

So we played a 4 hour round. At the range we all talked about playing ready golf, and while none of us burned up the score card, we kept true to that and played a round that finished in an appropriate time. On the front we played behind the group in front of us, not ahead of the group behind us. At the turn, we played through and obviously the people in front of us stopped because we had a wide open stretch in front of us. Hard to play to the group in front of you when no one is ahead of you, but we also didn't see anyone behind us for a few holes past #9 either.

On hole 15, we were hit into while on the green. As we're walking onto the #16 tee box (right behind the #15 green), one of the threesome pulls up in his cart, gets out and says "There are two open tee boxes ahead of you, speed up." And it was much more about the tone than the message. None of us said anything. It's not like they came up and said "Hey, we're playing fast can we play through?" If they had said that, I would have said "Yeah, let us tee off and then we'll get out of your way." Instead, he was just a total jerk. On 16, they hit at us again on the green. Fortunately the ball came up short (and in the water), but they were 140 yards out (a couple minutes earlier we were in the same spot) which means they knew exactly how far they had to go and had the exact club to do it. It's one thing to hit into someone by accident in the fairway off the tee box. It can happen, but hitting at people from 140 yards out screams intentional. Whatever ... I just gave them the long slow stare. They really could have hurt someone though, especially as we're all pretty much ready to line up putts, not even considering someone may try to drop a ball into the middle of us. After that, we didn't see them again ... and they certainly wouldn't make eye contact with me in the parking lot.

After the second time being hit at, I was no long agreeable to even the idea of letting them play through. If that made anyone uncomfortable, my apologies.

Last edited:
I must hand it to all of you for handling that like gentlemen. I don't think I could've handled that situation as gracefully as you all did.

Indeed.

I am sure deuce wanted to say something to them but he kept his cool for the remaining 3 holes

Deuce was sticking to his New Years resolution. It's all good and I think it was handled fine. Good description of what happened Deuce.

May be in Raleigh next weekend, anyone up for a round?

May be in Raleigh next weekend, anyone up for a round?
Depending on the day. Saturday or Sunday I could make it work if the price of the round is right

Back