Camaro ZL-1 1LE vs. Mustang GT350 vs. Hellcat?

OK...so I'm dating myself...and yes...the checkout person at Costco reminds me that their caskets are on sale....but forget all that! I recall going to Book Chevrolet in Pittsburgh, where I grew up, and seeing a 1970 Z28, LT-1, with the RS package...$3,800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! $3,800!!!!!

Then you should know back then there was this dealer in Canonsburg PA. Yenko Chevrolet that actually sold WITH A WARRANTY some of the neatest and fastest Chevy's around. They actually put in L-72 engines into Camaros and Chevelles. They were fast (back then).

Then you should know back then there was this dealer in Canonsburg PA. Yenko Chevrolet that actually sold WITH A WARRANTY some of the neatest and fastest Chevy's around. They actually put in L-72 engines into Camaros and Chevelles. They were fast (back then).

Oh yeah! Don Yenko! Route 19 South is the dealer I recall. I remember seeing those on the lot. Believe it or not folks thought the price was too high and some sat, even sold at a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Model S but not the P version so it's the slow Tesla with a 4.2 second 0-60 time. The instant torque is a lot of fun my normal day to day driving but someday soon I'm getting a 2 seater sports car that is fun to fling around in the corners.

Can I come hang out with you? :act-up:

I'm a Camaro fan thru and thru ... so no contest for me. Love the '68 body style. I had an all black '78 as a kid. That car got me in trouble a lot with Johnny Lawman. But this one ... man it's so much fun to drive.

Only had it up to 112mph so far though.
b5a07b0f94d7cf35a0c81632b74b9192.jpg
c0ec8924634dddd4af6461124cb16797.jpg
75905e40948355832bf11faecbab8be7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm a Camaro fan thru and thru ... so no contest for me. Love the '68 body style. I had an all black '78 as a kid. That car got me in trouble a lot with Johnny Lawman. But this one ... man it's so much fun to drive.

Only had it up to 112mph so far though.
b5a07b0f94d7cf35a0c81632b74b9192.jpg
c0ec8924634dddd4af6461124cb16797.jpg
75905e40948355832bf11faecbab8be7.jpg

That is freaking beautiful!

That is freaking beautiful!
Thanks man! It's so much fun to drive. Guess you can call it my "mid life crisis" car. HA!

Back in the day, I never thought after CARB took over in 1971 or so, which all but destroyed 60's and 1970 muscle cars that I'd EVER see the day where the subject vehicles, off the showroom floor, can reach 60 in just over 3 seconds, and pull enough G-force to scramble your brain. I always thought the 1970 Ram Air IV Trans Am, or Super Duty's were speed demons, and GTO's. Even more so, the 60's 427 Corvettes and 440 Six Pack AAR Cuda's.

In comparison to the new cars, the old cars are SO slow!

So which of the above cars would you select if THP had car "giveaway"? I'd pick the ZL-1 Camaro. It's is SO nasty looking in black with the giant wing! The others are cool too. Thoughts?

Where's the upcoming next generation GT500.....no bias.....

I would take the Hellcat to drive cross country in, and the GT350 to howl around a track in. The Camaro is no doubt superior to both the other cars but I just can't get into them.

I would take the Hellcat to drive cross country in, and the GT350 to howl around a track in. The Camaro is no doubt superior to both the other cars but I just can't get into them.

You'd need to map out all the gas stations if you drove a Hellcat across country. LOL!

You'd need to map out all the gas stations if you drove a Hellcat across country. LOL!

It gets a respectable 22 mpg on the highway... if you can keep your foot out of it.

You have a better chance of fitting clubs in any of the Hellcats over the Camaro or Mustang!

yep you're right about that. Since mine is a convertible, I have to put the clubs in the front passenger seat. HA!

Of those, the Hellcat

although I'd rather have a SVT Cobra R

9wY8k18.jpg

Easily the Hellcat for me. I'm a big Mopar guy and particularly a fan of the Challenger. Heck I just want a ride in one at this point.
Ditto, I'd take the Hellcat. IMHO even though new cars are faster than muscle cars of the past there's something to be said for driving one of those brutes. My Road Runner isn't the fastest but with a 4-speed, manual steering, manual brakes, and ungodly uncomfortable seats it's a pleasure to the senses.

Attachments

• SPRINGS.jpg
    SPRINGS.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 0
Ditto, I'd take the Hellcat. IMHO even though new cars are faster than muscle cars of the past there's something to be said for driving one of those brutes. My Road Runner isn't the fastest but with a 4-speed, manual steering, manual brakes, and ungodly uncomfortable seats it's a pleasure to the senses.

Ok now I want a ride in your car!

You have a better chance of fitting clubs in any of the Hellcats over the Camaro or Mustang!

I know the 2013 Mustang is a different shape than the 2015s and newer, but I can fit my clubs, shoes w/box and clicgear in my 2013 trunk. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get up close and personal with any of the OP subject vehicles, but not being able to fit at-least clubs in the new mustang / camaro, that's unfortunate. One more thing, I've been in a 2017 Z06 and we fit two sets of clubs plus shoes in the back, it was tight, but doable.

I don't really think it's an issue in any of them is it?

Definitely the Hellcat. But I'm a biased Mopar fan here. Seriously, a pulley, a tune and a couple bolt ons and that hellcat makes over 800 to the wheels.

WOW! That is cool! Connection of man to car that is missing today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8A2A85D2-A339-44D5-99C4-8E47589D8176.jpegE680BEB5-516A-44C3-9E9C-328A1F7138CC.jpeg

I had a 08 shelby gt500 and it was an awesome car. Now I have a 17 SS 1le and it's insane! This car handles amazing and flies. Here's a pic of my two toys. The times the 1les put down at tracks is impressive for the price. I like all 3

NASTY looking SS! That Mustang should still be in the garage!

View attachment 32236View attachment 32237

I had a 08 shelby gt500 and it was an awesome car. Now I have a 17 SS 1le and it's insane! This car handles amazing and flies. Here's a pic of my two toys. The times the 1les put down at tracks is impressive for the price. I like all 3
The 1LEs are everything you could ask for the price, doesn't matter which one it is they are the perfect package.

OK...I'm ready to take on the Camaro SS 1LE and all the other cars posted on here! Don't let her looks fool you, she can corner like there's no corner!

Attachments

• Pinto.jpg
    Pinto.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Back