Can Koepka Beat Tiger's Major Total

Jack and Tiger had that same mind set. When they were in a major, they knew they didn't have to worry about at least 2/3 of the field, because they went in thinking that way.

I don't think Koepka will do it either, but I don't understand the virulent negativism displayed here. He's smoking crack, he's an idiot, etc. Okay, so you don't think he can do it either, but that's no reason to resort to grade school behavior.
It's my default setting.

• “I’m 31. I have another 14 years left. If I win one a year, I got Jack (who has a record 18 professional major wins). People misconstrue that as being cocky. No, that’s just my belief. If I don’t have that belief, I shouldn’t be out there. If you don’t think you can win, why the hell are you teeing it up?”

LOL...I think I actually laughed when I read that just now.

Uhhh, NO. Brooks is a beast - a modern day legendof the game, but there is ZERO chance he catches Woods or Jack.

I think what he is missing is that there have been a number of years (some might say during his prime) where he won no majors. I think he's got mayyyyyybe 2 more majors in him, but even that might be a tall order. The fields these days are crazy good.

But I will say this: I'll root for him. Would LOVE for him to catch/pass Tiger. That would be shocking, for sure.

I dont know how many wins he has now. My guess is he won't. I don't think he will even get close.

Todays fields are so deep, and most those fields are his age, or younger. Plus new, winning players join the tour every year.

If anything, I'd like to him all four major trophys on his shelf, at the same time, like Tiger did

Nope. I read his quote as him trying to portray confidence but giving himself an out by saying he needs to believe that he can win. If he really believed it he wouldn’t need to qualify it with that statement later.

Nope. I read his quote as him trying to portray confidence but giving himself an out by saying he needs to believe that he can win. If he really believed it he wouldn’t need to qualify it with that statement later.
Just like P Reed said "I feel like I'm a top-5 player in the game".

Tiger- Probably Not
Jack- Never
Arnie- Yes

I still smile a little when I see this thread.

Brooks can believe it; that's all that matters.

;)

Just like P Reed said "I feel like I'm a top-5 player in the game".

I think Reed actually believed it though. I just don’t believe Koepka believes what he said. I don’t know why, but I think his statement just came off as insincere. As much heat as Reed took for saying it, he owned it.

With the depth of talent of the top 35 in the world, which is deeper than when Tiger was in his prime, he has no chance. I think he could get to 8 Majors if he doesn't get bored, hurt, or complacent when he banks his first $150 million. I think big money in the game today allows many PGA Tour players to be less hungry for the wins.

Can he....yes.......Will he, probably not.

Back